The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Ide Samai wrote:
Shinjo Akil wrote:"Oh, I am sure they attack the matter with the confidence and sureness of spirit that we know them for," he nodded and smirked, "certainly they have no fear of a challenge."

"Yes,, throwing caution to the wind..." She half-smiled. Her family was close to the Moto, and while she was optimistic, a small social disaster was far from impossible.

"What do you think of our guests Shinjo-san?"

"They are a varied lot, no?" He considered, "It is... a different experience. But they have been patient with us that I have seen, and for that I am thankful."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Having taken some time to walk about to try and settle his stomach from the filling meal, Suteichi came upon the Asako and Otaku.

"A most spirited and blessed evening to you both." he greeted with a soft, pleasant tone; followed with a respectable bow.

"Samas, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, might I have the honor of your company for a moment?"

As if a cold breeze just passed through the back of her neck, Kitauhime straights her head up, looking at the Scorpion while he greets and bows. She takes some heartbeats to measure him and then bows back respectably, introducing herself, "This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome to the Unicorn. Honored to meet you, Bayushi-san."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
"They are a varied lot, no?" He considered, "It is... a different experience. But they have been patient with us that I have seen, and for that I am thankful."

"Certainly, we are thankful. We did know worse hosts." She took another sip from her tea, the blackness cool now.

"I am looking forward to meeting them, and getting to know each other." She paused. "And our home."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Having taken some time to walk about to try and settle his stomach from the filling meal, Suteichi came upon the Asako and Otaku.

"A most spirited and blessed evening to you both." he greeted with a soft, pleasant tone; followed with a respectable bow.

"Samas, this one is Bayushi Suteichi, might I have the honor of your company for a moment?"

Asako turned to the Bayushi as he spoke, startling a bit as she had been enraptured in her own thoughts and conversation.

"Ah, Bayushi-san." She bowed to the man. "Of course you may. I am Asako Yuki. Have you been enjoying the meal prepared for us by the Ide?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:
Kogo looks slightly abashed. "Of this, I am less sure. I know of tales, but I have traveled relatively little through lands or met many outside of the Lion clan. It is why I was glad to accept your clan's invitation. I felt it would be immensely beneficial as well as interesting to meet so many from so many different clans. So far, it has turned out to be true."

"I see. I will have to ask around. We will have to meet again later during the miai to discuss who all you have met and who you have found interesting enough to pursue. I think there are many men here who would be of adequate stock for you to choose. And they would do well with the Matsu name."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:
Kogo looks slightly abashed. "Of this, I am less sure. I know of tales, but I have traveled relatively little through lands or met many outside of the Lion clan. It is why I was glad to accept your clan's invitation. I felt it would be immensely beneficial as well as interesting to meet so many from so many different clans. So far, it has turned out to be true."

"I see. I will have to ask around. We will have to meet again later during the miai to discuss who all you have met and who you have found interesting enough to pursue. I think there are many men here who would be of adequate stock for you to choose. And they would do well with the Matsu name."

Kogo straightens. "I would very much enjoy speaking with you again. Though there are other Matsu here, they are all men of my clan and it is a different conversation." Kogo looks proud. "I am glad to hear that. Do you feel similarly about the other men from the other clans who have arrived? "
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:

As if a cold breeze just passed through the back of her neck, Kitauhime straights her head up, looking at the Scorpion while he greets and bows. She takes some heartbeats to measure him and then bows back respectably, introducing herself, "This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome to the Unicorn. Honored to meet you, Bayushi-san."

Scorpions were the not good samurai, not fit for a princess of the Otaku! Time to do a daring rescue. The Moto winks at the Lion and then grabs some dumplings and shrimp and rolls over the table to the other side and then scrambles to her feet and approaches the Scorpion and the Otaku princess and others and intercedes as best she can, “Oh ho… Scorpion! You are the Scorpion… yes… that’s you.”

“How pretty your face! I have seen doves less pretty! How you get so pretty?” She punctuates the words with eating some shrimp.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 pm

The Matsu looked around to see if someone was approaching and seeing there wasn't continued sampling the various plates the Unicorn had placed. The cheese was a great discovery and he seemed to like its salty smokey flavor the more he tasted it.

Who would have thought he'd end up sharing a palate with the foreigners.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo straightens. "I would very much enjoy speaking with you again. Though there are other Matsu here, they are all men of my clan and it is a different conversation." Kogo looks proud. "I am glad to hear that. Do you feel similarly about the other men from the other clans who have arrived? "

"Well, I have not met many. I have spoken directly with.."

Chi-Pu's stomach grumbles and she closes her eyes.

"Hmm, The Shimizu, a Fox, Asoka, and a Togashi"

She opens her eyes again

"They all seemed to be good people. It is so hard to say though from such short time. I need to talk a lot with people in person to truly get a feel for who I think would make a good husband. Being able to pass the tests our Miai organizers have set seems like a good condition. As is their devotion to Bushido."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"Spices?"

Hideo paused to consider that. Thinking over the meals.

"The Unicorn certainly have used some interesting ingredients. I'm unsure exactly what was in each dish, but I found them to be very enjoyable. I would assume our meals will continue to be in this design. Hopefully Moshi-san can grow accustomed to the foods, or marriage may become a difficult situation."

"I hope so, Seppun sama. It would be quite difficult yet fortunes may bless me to be tolerant to the gaijin spices it so brings." She smiled. "I think I might avoid certain foods." She chuckled. "Pardon my indiscretion, Seppun sama, are you looking for a prospect wife?"
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo straightens. "I would very much enjoy speaking with you again. Though there are other Matsu here, they are all men of my clan and it is a different conversation." Kogo looks proud. "I am glad to hear that. Do you feel similarly about the other men from the other clans who have arrived? "

"Well, I have not met many. I have spoken directly with.."

Chi-Pu's stomach grumbles and she closes her eyes.

"Hmm, The Shimizu, a Fox, Asoka, and a Togashi"

She opens her eyes again

"They all seemed to be good people. It is so hard to say though from such short time. I need to talk a lot with people in person to truly get a feel for who I think would make a good husband. Being able to pass the tests our Miai organizers have set seems like a good condition. As is their devotion to Bushido."

Kogo smiles and lifts her fan to hide its broadness. " Shimizu-san is a sincere person and I could see how he might be a good match for you. His love of animal kind might suit your people's love of your steeds. I have not met the others you speak of, but hopefully more time will tell. " She pauses for a moment. "What kind of tests do you think they will pose?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo smiles and lifts her fan to hide its broadness. " Shimizu-san is a sincere person and I could see how he might be a good match for you. His love of animal kind might suit your people's love of your steeds. I have not met the others you speak of, but hopefully more time will tell. " She pauses for a moment. "What kind of tests do you think they will pose?"

"He is certainly a good man, though I hope for one a bit closer in age to me. I know it is silly, but it seems I am the oldest woman here and would like to have a man who has gone through a similar amount of life experiences. That said, Shimizu-san is so well versed in his history perhaps he has had the experiences indirectly. I will surely keep him in my thoughts as a potential."

Chi-Pu looks around the banquet to find the Matsu. She watches him a moment before returning her attention to the woman in front of her.

"I imagine there will be many tests involving the things our clan holds important to us. Though what those are is hard to say since each family of the Unicorn is so different. Plus, I can't give you any tips. That would be cheating! "

Chi-Pu laughs at the Matsu playfully.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Iuchi Batul on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:08 pm

[quote="Yasuki Tomonaga]Tomonaga smiles as the three of them share a toast. He, too, drinks the sake with practiced ease.

Only to find his cup newly filled. He glances first at Hiroji, clearly a little ill, and then at the slender Batul, a who was enthusiastically tossing back sake like a Hida Berzerker. Am... am I the healthy, responsible one here?

Nah, probably not. He drinks some more of the sake, nodding at Batul's words. "We're glad you're back, Unicorn-san." He says, using the more general Clan name. He smiles. "And I'm glad you brought all this food and drink!"[/quote]

(I believe it's where we left off)

"I too am glad to be back." She answered, mainly because in the Empire there was so many new things to see and discover. The desert had turned out to be the same after a while, not many new things, nothing more than sand and trade, and more sand. In the Empire at least there were snowy mountains, rushing rivers, plains of green... She sighed while she looked into her cup, again empty. Should pace myself.

She bit another piece of the bean sweet. "What can you tell me of the Crab, Crab-san?" She asked to both samurai. "I have not much knowing of them. We were taught other things in our travel."
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:[quote="Yasuki Tomonaga]Tomonaga smiles as the three of them share a toast. He, too, drinks the sake with practiced ease.

Only to find his cup newly filled. He glances first at Hiroji, clearly a little ill, and then at the slender Batul, a who was enthusiastically tossing back sake like a Hida Berzerker. Am... am I the healthy, responsible one here?

Nah, probably not. He drinks some more of the sake, nodding at Batul's words. "We're glad you're back, Unicorn-san." He says, using the more general Clan name. He smiles. "And I'm glad you brought all this food and drink!"[/quote]

(I believe it's where we left off)

"I too am glad to be back." She answered, mainly because in the Empire there was so many new things to see and discover. The desert had turned out to be the same after a while, not many new things, nothing more than sand and trade, and more sand. In the Empire at least there were snowy mountains, rushing rivers, plains of green... She sighed while she looked into her cup, again empty. Should pace myself.

She bit another piece of the bean sweet. "What can you tell me of the Crab, Crab-san?" She asked to both samurai. "I have not much knowing of them. We were taught other things in our travel."[/quote]

Hiroji pauses eating his rice for a moment, and looks thoughtful. Finally he answers. "It is a harsh land, full of harsh people. "
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo smiles and lifts her fan to hide its broadness. " Shimizu-san is a sincere person and I could see how he might be a good match for you. His love of animal kind might suit your people's love of your steeds. I have not met the others you speak of, but hopefully more time will tell. " She pauses for a moment. "What kind of tests do you think they will pose?"

"He is certainly a good man, though I hope for one a bit closer in age to me. I know it is silly, but it seems I am the oldest woman here and would like to have a man who has gone through a similar amount of life experiences. That said, Shimizu-san is so well versed in his history perhaps he has had the experiences indirectly. I will surely keep him in my thoughts as a potential."

Chi-Pu looks around the banquet to find the Matsu. She watches him a moment before returning her attention to the woman in front of her.

"I imagine there will be many tests involving the things our clan holds important to us. Though what those are is hard to say since each family of the Unicorn is so different. Plus, I can't give you any tips. That would be cheating! "

Chi-Pu laughs at the Matsu playfully.

Kogo nods and lowers her fan. "It is important that one feels that another has similar capabilities at thoughts. It is like having one who stands shoulder to you in battle. You must be able to understand each other and know each other's thoughts to face anything that could come. That might be easier with someone closer in age to you." Kogo blushes slightly and raises her fan again. "Plus, there are many individuals here. It is early yet to choose." Kogo laughs behind her fan, her eyes twinkling. "You are utterly correct. I will look forward to my surprises and learn more of the Unicorn in each challenge. That seems the most fitting way to learn of another." She sips from her tea.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center