Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:09 pm

"No kami. Nada.." Dong-Ha shook his head. "The lands beyond the mountains are desolate and void when it comes to kami." Or so he had been told. "The kami bless and keep the Empire." That too, had been part of his lessons. "Ah that... that is bit more tricky. See, the elements are what they are. A shugenja can call the kami to conjure the elements... but a sahir can command the elements by other means."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:27 pm

"But the elements are only the elements because of the kami, is what the priests back home say. So if the shugenja there can call upon elements, then there must be kami there, even if they control the elements in other ways. I think that's how it works."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Sou desu ka." She placed a hand on her chin, contemplating on it. "Is this similar to meishodo, Yuichi-dono? The shugenja of my Clan use amulets in order to use their spells. I am unsure if these paper wards serve the same function, though."

Now, that question did genuinely surprised Yuichi. '' Hmm, I'm not familiar with the concept of meisho...meishodo? You said that your shugenja cast spells with special nemuranai?''

a pause.

'' If what you said it's true, then perhaps Unicorn magic works similar to Asahina's fetishes.'' He wondered. '' How do you manage to make the kami respond to your prayers and enter these magical amulets? '' He asked to her. Perhaps she knows something about it, even if she is not a shugenja.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:
Ide Samai wrote:Samai smiled politely. "Hard work as befits of a samurai, Matsu-san? I am sure your sensei is proud. You don't attend court then?" Her voice tilted curiously.

"There is not much for an army scout to do at Court beside watch the koi ponds for invading frogs. It is an arena we cede to the Ikoma in my clan."

"Though one must always careful around frogs. They are jumpy beasts." She hid a smirk behind her fan. "Though I would think that a man with keen ears and sharp eyes is welcome everywhere?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:30 pm

"Carry the Fortunes, Bayushi-sama," the Hare said in a cheerful tone.

"I rather think Bayushi-sama thinks I'm annoying or something. He's rather different from the other Scorpion I know."
Last edited by Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"But the elements are only the elements because of the kami, is what the priests back home say. So if the shugenja there can call upon elements, then there must be kami there, even if they control the elements in other ways. I think that's how it works."

"Well... there are no kami to talk to in some places, and yet there is air and stones there. So clearly one can exist without the other." He had an inclination that these priests had actually no clue on how things worked. "But they are not shugenja. They do not even know about the kami. They talk directly to the elements." This was getting bit repetitive. "Well, not even that. They command the elements via other means. I'd show you but... I don't think they'd approve that here...."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:39 pm

"Hmm?"

She still seemed skeptical, but seemed willing to drop the matter.

"Well, I'm a bushi. So I don't really get these things anyway."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Ide Samai wrote:"Though one must always careful around frogs. They are jumpy beasts." She hid a smirk behind her fan. "Though I would think that a man with keen ears and sharp eyes is welcome everywhere?"

"The courts are a dangerous place for the young and uninitiated. Courtiers need yojimbo at times, so perhaps I might see a full Winter Court eventually. For now, the barracks and the snow covered wilds are sufficient."

He half smiled.

"More than frogs about, even in Winter."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:"Yes, yes, an example of course," she clutched at the proffered escape from her social misstep. The young woman was making her feel flustered and she silently lamented, why must people be so complicated? I get along so well with animals, I seem to understand them so much better, and they seem to like me.

Amaya chuckled nervously, "I must admit how little I know of your family, but I do seem to recall something about the scorpion predaliction for water."

"Which is quite accurate," she chuckled as she gestured to her Clan mon, which indeed featured a mon of a scorpion atop of a body of river. "Well, perhaps more so when it comes to the bit of folklore told by the great Shinsei, something our founder has taken to heart."

"I suppose the real truth is that the Bayushi are actually a versatile family in many regards. We need to be, when we're know to lead our Clan in both political and martial functions. The spiritual realm is something we have less expertise in, admittedly. I suppose they have someone like me filling in the gaps once in a blue moon," she smiled sheepishly.

"Do you have many friends here, Ide-san?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:
"The courts are a dangerous place for the young and uninitiated. Courtiers need yojimbo at times, so perhaps I might see a full Winter Court eventually. For now, the barracks and the snow covered wilds are sufficient."

He half smiled.

"More than frogs about, even in Winter."

"That is quite true, my experience is the same across the land. No mater where one is, words can be as harsh as actions." She cocked an eyebrow? "Oh truly? Sounds like a tale of suspense Matsu-san."
Ide Samai

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:51 pm

"Foxes, rabbits, birds, perhaps even a boar or two. The bears are mostly sleeping the Winter away but they might surface occasionally."

And a desperate bandit or three, but Akodo-sama said not to mention that kind of thing.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Kitakuhime stood silent nearby the other Shiotome while Ide Dabo welcomed all present. Observing how others started to interact, she starts to walk outside the main concentration of people so she could reach Gekko, her steed.

--
PM if you would like to approach and talk.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:"Foxes, rabbits, birds, perhaps even a boar or two. The bears are mostly sleeping the Winter away but they might surface occasionally."

And a desperate bandit or three, but Akodo-sama said not to mention that kind of thing.

"Oh? I am sure our bushi will be happy to have something to hunt during the winter and occupy themselves as you do." Her eyes glanced around the gathering. "You like hunting Matsu-san?"
Ide Samai

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Carry the Fortunes, Bayushi-sama," the Hare said in a cheerful tone.

"I rather think Bayushi-sama thinks I'm annoying or something. He's rather different from the other Scorpion I know."

Kogo thinks about this a moment. "Usagi-san would likely know more than I of Scorpion, being more widely traveled." Kogo ponders for a moment for a different topic. "But I am sure Bayushi-san respects your work as a historian, for I do as well. And I would love to hear more of your work. Has it always been your calling to study this or is it more of a recent vocation?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Hmm?"

She still seemed skeptical, but seemed willing to drop the matter.

"Well, I'm a bushi. So I don't really get these things anyway."

"That's fine." Dong-Ha seemed relieved. "I meant that well, I can't really show the meishodo here. It's... kinda impolite to do magic in front of one's betters."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center