Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:"Train, Ide-sama. Armies do not move in the Winter and it is the time of the Courts when words are stronger than steel. Train and wait for the warmth of spring to return."

He actually smiled, even if it was a very thin and whimsical one.

Samai smiled politely. "Hard work as befits of a samurai, Matsu-san? I am sure your sensei is proud. You don't attend court then?" Her voice tilted curiously.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 am

"I passed mostly through Lion lands Doji-sama, from the capital in Shimizu lands east of the Dragon Mountains, the lion don't spend much time on hot springs and tea houses I am afraid, though shrines we have many. Were you aware there is one in this village marking the place Kakita and Matsu dueled?"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:51 am

Yuzuki wrote:"Well, not *all* of them. I did see an orochi once though, long ago. They're intelligent, you know. Or so I've been told. Not intelligent like a dog or Kon here, I mean. Like, people-level intelligence. Maybe even smarter. But I don't know. I've never talked to one."

"Oh.." Young Unicorn sounded a little bit disappointed. "Maybe they are some kind of spirits then?" He suggested carefully.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 am

"I dunno," she said with a shrug. "Maybe? You ever see any spirits out west?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"I dunno," she said with a shrug. "Maybe? You ever see any spirits out west?"

"Yes, several. The people of the sands call upon spirits they call... the servants of the smokeless flame. They bind and enslave them." Dong-Ha's hands drew a shape of an average jinn in the air. "Some of them are used as body guards, while others are forced to perform mundane tasks such as digging or building. Some serve their summoners as... advisors, of sorts. Fascinating, really." The same strange gleam returned to man's eyes as he described the mystical creatures. "I saw one carrying carpets... and another carrying his.. or her master. They say that some of them are even invisible."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:"I passed mostly through Lion lands Doji-sama, from the capital in Shimizu lands east of the Dragon Mountains, the lion don't spend much time on hot springs and tea houses I am afraid, though shrines we have many. Were you aware there is one in this village marking the place Kakita and Matsu dueled?"

Yes, yes, you came from your capital built upon land that was given to you through an act of betrayal so shocking, the Heavens should have dropped Nikesake into a sinkhole. Fukawa thought bitterly to herself.

Yet, aided by her fan, her On remained as Iron.

"Indeed it does, Shimizu-san." she agrees. "For many years the Test of the Emerald Champion was held here. Though the shrine honors more than that. It honors all of the previous Emerald Champions. True, Kakita was the first, but the others are all worthy of remembrance as well. Kakita Shimizu the first iaijutsu master of the Kakita Dueling Academy who traveled the land with Hantei Genji. Doji Sasumagi, the first to win the championship when it was structured as a formal iaijutsu competition. Doji Hatsuo who co-wrote the Imperial system of law enforcement. And many, many more."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Yes, several. The people of the sands call upon spirits they call... the servants of the smokeless flame. They bind and enslave them." Dong-Ha's hands drew a shape of an average jinn in the air. "Some of them are used as body guards, while others are forced to perform mundane tasks such as digging or building. Some serve their summoners as... advisors, of sorts. Fascinating, really." The same strange gleam returned to man's eyes as he described the mystical creatures. "I saw one carrying carpets... and another carrying his.. or her master. They say that some of them are even invisible."

"Huh."

She brought a hand up to scratch her neck with.

"How'd you know they were invisible if you can't see them being invisible?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:24 pm

"And of course Akodo Saito, who proved that any clan could hold the position and the contest was not rigged"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:"And of course Akodo Saito, who proved that any clan could hold the position and the contest was not rigged"

Fukawa almost laughed at the Lion's bold words. Almost.

"Indeed, as I said, many more Shimizu-san." she replied. "Although I would like to think that Akodo Saito's legacy was more than showing that such a sacred test was not, as you say, rigged. But I am not well versed in history of the Lion. Do you, perhaps, know more of his exploits and would you be willing to share them?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Ide Samai wrote:Samai smiled politely. "Hard work as befits of a samurai, Matsu-san? I am sure your sensei is proud. You don't attend court then?" Her voice tilted curiously.

"There is not much for an army scout to do at Court beside watch the koi ponds for invading frogs. It is an arena we cede to the Ikoma in my clan."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Huh."

She brought a hand up to scratch her neck with.

"How'd you know they were invisible if you can't see them being invisible?"

"That's what the carpet merchant told us. Maybe he was just telling a story, maybe not." Dong-Ha shrugged. "Some of us studied with their sahir, but not my family." The alien words flowed smoothly from the man's lips. "Sahir are their sorcerers." He added as ax explanation.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:45 pm

"You mean shugenja? They speak to the kami?"

Nobody referred to them as sorcerers. Did they? Or was that a Phoenix thing?
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi listened to the back and forth of the Hare and Kogo. He really honed in on the Hare woman's words. His irritation with her did not show and yet the more he heard her talk the more irritable he became. He was also a bit irritated at how Kogo was just giving up of information to someone she just met. Again, he did not display this. It was clear that the Usagi wanted him to talk so he did.

"Downplay... what a most...interesting assessment of me Usagi-san. I notice that each of us gathered here have a pair of ears and one tongue. Two ears are for listening and understanding twice as much as you speak. I was not aware that listening and understanding were aspects of downplay as you so stated. I simply like to speak when it is necessary as opposed to speaking words devoid of understanding. I would not want to be mistaken for being both foolish and contentious."

Suteichi removed his fan from his obi. He spotted some of his fellow Scorpion in the room. "I shall leave you two to talk. Matsu-san, we will speak later." As he prepared to take a step away he popped open his fan. "Usagi...Tomoe-san was it?! Yes. I won't forget you." he gave a polite and proper bow then walked over to the other Scorpion.

"Bayushi-san, I will look forward to speaking to you more later." Kogo notes some of his coldness and mentally cringes, noting she has probably messed up somewhere again, but is unsure where.

I must watch my tongue more. But it is so hard with so many around. Still, Bayushi-san knows his way through court. I must take care not to let my excitement betray my conduct.
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"You mean shugenja? They speak to the kami?"

Nobody referred to them as sorcerers. Did they? Or was that a Phoenix thing?

"Not really, no. See, there are no kami beyond the Empire." He hoped the fact would not upset the Mantis too much. "Only the lands of the Empire had been blessed with their presence, as Iuchi himself discovered." Time to let that cat, dinner or not, ouf of the bag. "What the jinn exactly are, I do not know. All I know that they hail beyond the Realms known to us." Another soft shrug followed.

"They are... magicians, mystics... wise and learned men, but by no means... holy. They treat the jinn as slaves to command, not something to revere." Ide had told them something about the topic of the kami but Dong-Ha could not quite recall what. Something about the sensibilities of the natives.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:22 pm

"No kami?"

That did seem a bit odd to her. Weren't the kami supposed to be in all things? They were what made fire fire. Water water. And so on. Weren't they?

"I don't think that's possible."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center