Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:58 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:He nods "there were three in her litter, she is the most well behaved of them though. " he grins "she is actually a bit of asweetheart to tell the truth, except in the mornings" he scratches Kyra's ear " but she can be quite deadly when needs be"

It was a cute gesture. Fukawa was also relatively certain that if she tried to duplicate it, she'd come back minus a hand.

"Has she seen much of the Empire with you?" she asks, keeping the conversation going.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Really? Do you not known anything about the Yogo?...Well, she would not have approached if she knew about us. Yuichi thought.

'' Hmmm, we create magical protection paper wards with the power of the kami, so as to keep 'evil spirits' or 'other' creatures away from our lands, and for general protection as well'' He explained in the simplest way he could.

"Sou desu ka." She placed a hand on her chin, contemplating on it. "Is this similar to meishodo, Yuichi-dono? The shugenja of my Clan use amulets in order to use their spells. I am unsure if these paper wards serve the same function, though."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:21 am

Butaj notices his emotional topshur strumming draws attention of a small blue maiden and so strums more, with more emotion, while looking at her and smiling! Tones turn joyful and inviting, as does the man's forthcoming expression.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 am

Not much of one for speeches al-Kalb had kept toward the pack and did his best to stifle any yawns as the Ide blathered on. Of course, when one towers over most of the others present, standing at the back is not necessarily sufficient to not be obvious.

That said the big man does perk up at the mention of the meal. Food was always good.

(PM if approaching please)
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

Postby Seppun Hitako on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:27 am

Hitako followed the way of the Seppun. Be silent, be there, be where you can see as much as possible. Pay attention to what is around you.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:38 am

Isawa Nonin wrote:"What would you like to know, Otaku-san? The Phoenix are the clan that speaks to the Kami and promote peace in the Empire, often a difficult task," he said with a slight smile.

"I am fascinating by your horses, they are so large and beautiful."

"Ah, peacekeepers! Our Ide are mostly tasked with promoting peace, I am sure you will find much in common with them."

Imane looked over at Almatar with a bright smile. "They are impressive aren't they? I do not understand why the local horses are so small. Perhaps you would you like to see an Otaku war horse up close?"

She stated to move through the crowd toward where the horses were gathered. "You mentioned that the Phoenix speak to the Kami. How does one do this?"

(OOC: Holy exploding thread!)
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:11 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:He nods "there were three in her litter, she is the most well behaved of them though. " he grins "she is actually a bit of asweetheart to tell the truth, except in the mornings" he scratches Kyra's ear " but she can be quite deadly when needs be"

It was a cute gesture. Fukawa was also relatively certain that if she tried to duplicate it, she'd come back minus a hand.

"Has she seen much of the Empire with you?" she asks, keeping the conversation going.

"Mostly just Lion lands " he waves "and former lion lands" he smiles "we went through gempukku just before our champions wedding last year, where honored to stand guard duty during it. Other then that little of note so far I am afraid"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:39 am

Asako Sayuri wrote:"Indeed Shinjo-san, your people have a way with words. What is more, that you employ such talents to extol the virtues of bushido and understanding gives me great hope that you may bring much to the Empire."
She pauses briefly before speaking again.
"Yet I have forgotten my manners. I am Asako Sauyri, priestess of the Phoenix clan."
She bows slightly lower than she would if she were certain of Unicorn heraldry.

As she rises, Taichi bows to exactly the same depth. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Asako-san. I am Shinjo Taichi, a bushi and traveller." He pauses for a moment, realising that the last part probably can be applied to all the Unicorn.

"I've done my best to see the Empire since our grand homecoming, but regret that I have not had a chance to reach the Phoenix lands as yet."

"Bushido was one of the things that held us - the Unicorn that is - together through our long sojourn. A solid core helping to hold us all together. It... may not always look like it, but my clansmen do hold the tenets in highest regard."

Perking up a little suddenly, he raised his voice a little to help it carry and gestured dramatically to all those gathered; "We are all samurai, neh? We all do our duty. We are not so different, just different faces of the same whole." His smile widened. Perfect.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Isawa Nonin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 am

Otaku Imane wrote:"Ah, peacekeepers! Our Ide are mostly tasked with promoting peace, I am sure you will find much in common with them."

Imane looked over at Almatar with a bright smile. "They are impressive aren't they? I do not understand why the local horses are so small. Perhaps you would you like to see an Otaku war horse up close?"

She stated to move through the crowd toward where the horses were gathered. "You mentioned that the Phoenix speak to the Kami. How does one do this?"

"I was be honored, Otaku-san," said Nonin following along.

"Speaking to the Kami is a rare talent, even among the Phoenix, it is difficult to explain," he says thoughtfully. "Let me think about how best to do so."

Otaku Imane wrote:(OOC: Holy exploding thread!)

OOC: Indeed!
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 am

Suteichi listened to the back and forth of the Hare and Kogo. He really honed in on the Hare woman's words. His irritation with her did not show and yet the more he heard her talk the more irritable he became. He was also a bit irritated at how Kogo was just giving up of information to someone she just met. Again, he did not display this. It was clear that the Usagi wanted him to talk so he did.

"Downplay... what a most...interesting assessment of me Usagi-san. I notice that each of us gathered here have a pair of ears and one tongue. Two ears are for listening and understanding twice as much as you speak. I was not aware that listening and understanding were aspects of downplay as you so stated. I simply like to speak when it is necessary as opposed to speaking words devoid of understanding. I would not want to be mistaken for being both foolish and contentious."

Suteichi removed his fan from his obi. He spotted some of his fellow Scorpion in the room. "I shall leave you two to talk. Matsu-san, we will speak later." As he prepared to take a step away he popped open his fan. "Usagi...Tomoe-san was it?! Yes. I won't forget you." he gave a polite and proper bow then walked over to the other Scorpion.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:35 am

Seppun Hitako wrote:Hitako followed the way of the Seppun. Be silent, be there, be where you can see as much as possible. Pay attention to what is around you.

Hideo slipped into position next to his kin, giving her a quick bow before speaking quietly behind his fan.

"What do you think of the mans speech, honoured cousin?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:11 am

Ide Samai wrote:"Bare trees... that will take some getting used to. Even seeing trees can be a rare occurance when one spends their time among the Burning Sands." She smiled wistfully as she mulled it over. "Waiting... I can certainly see that. What do you do during winter Matsu-san?"

"Train, Ide-sama. Armies do not move in the Winter and it is the time of the Courts when words are stronger than steel. Train and wait for the warmth of spring to return."

He actually smiled, even if it was a very thin and whimsical one.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:26 am

Kaizen listened to the speech and milled about briefly. Though having arrived later than most he had much to do and would only delay if someone got his attention.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:28 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Yuzuki-san has seen all of those? Giant serpents, flying fish women and everything." It wasn't as if Dong-Ha did not want to believe, for he certainly did. "Amazing... sea sounds like a wondrous place."

"Well, not *all* of them. I did see an orochi once though, long ago. They're intelligent, you know. Or so I've been told. Not intelligent like a dog or Kon here, I mean. Like, people-level intelligence. Maybe even smarter. But I don't know. I've never talked to one."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:
"Mostly just Lion lands " he waves "and former lion lands" he smiles "we went through gempukku just before our champions wedding last year, where honored to stand guard duty during it. Other then that little of note so far I am afraid"

The Lion's words were like needles, but the Doji did not flinch from them. Were it in her power, she would have gladly made all of the Lion's lands former Lion's lands, but that was not this battle. There was nothing to be gained from fighting over this point now, and so she would not exert herself on it.

"It was a rather long journey to get here." she admits. "Did you find anything interesting along the way? Any impressive shrines, charming tea houses, or relaxing hot springs, for example? The Empire is a big place, and it helps to know of such places for future travels."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center