The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:06 am

Ide Samai wrote:
"That sounds like a plan. I am sure Scirocco will also appreciate having some company along." She smiled and fanned herself. "There is certainly a variety here, many I have not seen in the past... and truly, it's been ages since I had some good fish. Anything catch your fancy Shinjo-san?"

Ah yes. The food.. He had been trying to pretend it didn't exist for the time being. He thought that maybe, given enough time, they could forget it and move on. Bit of course, Ide-sama was too polite. Oh no, Ide-sama would never forget about the fish. He scanned the choices surreptitiously, quietly trying to find the least offensive thing he could find. Ah hah! This looked simple, maybe it was just some eel? "Ah yes, of course, Ide-sama. This right here looks incredible, doesn't it?" He spoke with all the confidence one could expect from a Bushi, even if inside he was screaming for relief.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:18 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Kitsune Kumahime wrote:"Oh" she asks, thinking back to the brief she got in her lands. The Shinjo are supposed to be the light, quick ones, but that's not this woman. Schooled by the Moto, maybe? They're supposed to be the ones more... Hida in stature.

"Perhaps we can spar while we are here. It is always good to face different styles, ne? I was always hungry for the opportunity in our forest."

Kumahime's suspicions were correct, even if Yue had no way of knowing them to confirm them.

"That sounds wonderful, Kumahime-dono," Yue responded. She placed her hand on her lips for a moment, suppressing the urge to burp. "I am curious," she continued, her words slower as she picked out the words, "about the techniques of different schools. I am familiar with all of the schools within my own Clan due to proximity. Is that the same for you and others in regards to the whole Empire?"

Well, that's venturing outside her area of expertise. "I have direct experience with very few. Our clan deals little with outsiders, and we are few. I have general knowledge of most of the great clans' largest school, but it is the small ones that you should worry about."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:27 am

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Well, that's venturing outside her area of expertise. "I have direct experience with very few. Our clan deals little with outsiders, and we are few. I have general knowledge of most of the great clans' largest school, but it is the small ones that you should worry about."

Liu Yue tilted her head. "Do I need to worry about them? Those smaller schools, as you put it," she inquired, wondering if there were enemies among them that she was not aware of.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:37 am

Daisuke was happily eating whatever was put in front of him as the event began chatting to the nearby people and seeming to have a good time. But as time passed he began to glance around looking for someone of note to strike up a conversation with.

((Posting a entrance for now, Pm if you approach, I'll likely go hunting for someone to chat with later though.))
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:34 am

Finally finished focusing on his eating, a man of his size being able to eat quite a bit, al-Kalb leans back from where he was sitting and casually picks at his teeth with a scrap of shell.

The Ide are at least thankful that the Moto knows better than to belch - or perhaps just doesn't need to.

(Probably best to PM if approaching)
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:52 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:Ah yes. The food.. He had been trying to pretend it didn't exist for the time being. He thought that maybe, given enough time, they could forget it and move on. Bit of course, Ide-sama was too polite. Oh no, Ide-sama would never forget about the fish. He scanned the choices surreptitiously, quietly trying to find the least offensive thing he could find. Ah hah! This looked simple, maybe it was just some eel? "Ah yes, of course, Ide-sama. This right here looks incredible, doesn't it?" He spoke with all the confidence one could expect from a Bushi, even if inside he was screaming for relief.

Samai smiled. "Yes, quite interesting..." she reached towards a plate of meat. "Though sometimes something familiar can be better, neh?" She gently pushed it towards Akil. "Sometimes, it feels like just during our journeys. We are in a new and alien land, only this time, we're not going anywhere." Hopefully.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:56 am

"And thank Lady Shinjo for that," he smiled, finally putting that eel on his plate, though for the moment he still favored more familiar fair. "There is a certain... relief in having a home that is ours for future generations. Knowing that my future daughter or son will not have to struggle in the same ways we did is rather exciting."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 am

The Matsu had successfully managed to pass the trials set and was now enjoying the meal offered by his hosts. His plan to only consume the Ki-Rin dishes had so far not backfired and while not a great fan of none of them, the red meat and cheese seemed to be edible at least.

He eyed around to see to note who approaches him.

[If you approach, do PM! I don't bite]
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:39 am

Asakiko tried her best to not be rude but feeling ill wasn't helping her cause. The young shugenja sat further away from the food and tried her best to center herself.

(PM if approached)
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:08 am

After his companions all moved away for what must have been matters crucial to the Empire, Taichi sat for a while eating by himself, finishing the food he had taken before standing again.

He had noted that a number of people seemed to be a little out of sorts, and he admired their perseverance in attending the event despite being unwell. As much as some among my clan may belittle them, the samurai of the Empire are no slouches. I shall not let their efforts be in vain.
Resolved, he rose and looked around for any interesting conversations that he could enhance.

[ooc: PM if approached, will look around a bit later]
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:43 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:Asakiko tried her best to not be rude but feeling ill wasn't helping her cause. The young shugenja sat further away from the food and tried her best to center herself.

(PM if approached)

Hideo decided to approach the Moshi who was moving away from food. It would be worthwhile to have a little conversation while listening and watching. He gave the Centipede a bow and a polite smile.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:45 am

Shimizu Ryori wrote:"Oh, " he nods looking less confused "so what does your stick mean?"

“I have no stick, I’m a woman,” she says with a laugh.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:51 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:"And thank Lady Shinjo for that," he smiled, finally putting that eel on his plate, though for the moment he still favored more familiar fair. "There is a certain... relief in having a home that is ours for future generations. Knowing that my future daughter or son will not have to struggle in the same ways we did is rather exciting."

Samai giggled behind her fan. "Oh? I wouldn't have thought to hear that from a Shinjo. Your family always seemed to enjoy the move..." Her smile faltered. Of course, the wanderlust of the Shinjo had consequences. "Though you are right... it's... strange to think. My son or daughter will not know the feeling of waking up each in a different place."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:05 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Hideo decided to approach the Moshi who was moving away from food. It would be worthwhile to have a little conversation while listening and watching. He gave the Centipede a bow and a polite smile.

She gave the man a nod of acknolegement. "Blessings of Amaterasu, sama" Then she gave the man a full bow trying to keep the dinner in. "This one is Moshi Asakiko."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Akil on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:05 am

Ide Samai wrote:Samai giggled behind her fan. "Oh? I wouldn't have thought to hear that from a Shinjo. Your family always seemed to enjoy the move..." Her smile faltered. Of course, the wanderlust of the Shinjo had consequences. "Though you are right... it's... strange to think. My son or daughter will not know the feeling of waking up each in a different place."

"I did before I became a hero," he grinned.

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center