Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Re: Daily History Lessons (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Suki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 am

"An esteemed monk of the Brotherhood once said that all who wish to understand the universe must come to be like birds. In order to fly we must balance wings of wisdom and compassion. There are certainly worse things to be compared to than a magpie," Suki bowed appreciatively to Khulun.

Turning back to the Scorpion, she once again took a moment to consider before tackling his question.

"Neither in its entirety," she eventually replied. "Misguided people have committed foul acts with good intentions. And sometimes noble acts can result in terrible things happening. Thus whether one can morally justify their actions cannot be all about either."

"That said," she continued, "I believe between the two, intent is more important. After all, surely you would agree that a noble man has control over his intentions? The same cannot be said of all outcomes that his actions may cause."
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:54 am

She frowned even deeper and then said, “You trying to trick me, magpie monk?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Suki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:06 am

"Of course not, Moto-sama. Merely sharing the lessons that my superiors have seen fit to grace me with," Suki offered her explanation calmly and politely, the hint of a serene smile on her lips.

Suki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:05 am

"It is so Sayyeda Khulun." Butaj agrees, happy Khulun speaks to him in public. "Butaj wonders what is going on with eastern sense of community and togetherness if their enemies emerge from their own ranks and later they need to forget their names to feel better about it. At least that Soshi Takasho sounds like a decent man. I met two Soshi in the morning, decent men too. Maybe some families are more shameful than others around here and hide their bad deeds. It's important not too marry with them. Important lessons here." Butaj nods sagely and turns to the host. "So who are the baddest families of the land, Usagi Tomoe, with most people they need others to forget about?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:06 am

Suki wrote:"Of course not, Moto-sama. Merely sharing the lessons that my superiors have seen fit to grace me with," Suki offered her explanation calmly and politely, the hint of a serene smile on her lips.

“I don’t like your smiles but I suppose you meant no offense, magpie monk,” she says dismissively.
Moto Butaj wrote:"It is so Sayyeda Khulun." Butaj agrees, happy Khulun speaks to him in public. "Butaj wonders what is going on with eastern sense of community and togetherness if their enemies emerge from their own ranks and later they need to forget their names to feel better about it. At least that Soshi Takasho sounds like a decent man. I met two Soshi in the morning, decent men too. Maybe some families are more shameful than others around here and hide their bad deeds. It's important not too marry with them. Important lessons here." Butaj nods sagely and turns to the host. "So who are the baddest families of the land, Usagi Tomoe, with most people they need others to forget about?"

"So who needs killing?" she adds.
Last edited by Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 am

Tomoe frowned, supressing the urge to smack the Moto over the head with the tortoise in her hand.

He would probably consider it and invitation.

"That is not my place to say. I'm not here to spread mistrust or strife by speaking of others clans in such a way."

I'd be dead before the week is over if I did and I don't think Tsukimi would like me doing that...
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:20 am

"Too late. Butaj is now worried that descendants of Iuchiban's minions are hiding somewhere, scheming against innocent Unicorn bachelorettes! Why do you speak about horrible subjects and then don't tell the whole story?" Butaj throws hands in the air, frowning. "How can we be like family if we're not honest with each other?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:22 am

“They use pretty words and talk like magpies and you expect honesty Butaj?” she chuckles darkly.
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:27 am

"This one is cute, Sayyeda Khulun, and she has come to us, Butaj wanted to give her a chance!" Butaj shakes his head in exasperation, turning emotional.
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am

“Consider yourself lucky, Rabbit, Butaj would make a pretty bride,” she adds with a wry chuckle.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:34 am

Tomoe supressed a shudder.

I'd rather marry the horse if the rider is so stupid.

"Well it would be unfair of me to not give all the other candidates a chance to impression first." The Hare shrugged.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:49 am

“I think she needs you to show her just how impressive you are, cousin. Surely no one fights like Butaj! No one smiles like Butaj! No one’s beard is as magnificent as Butaj!” she says extolling the virtues of her bastard cousin.
Moto Khulun

Postby Suki on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Thankful that the Moto woman had let the matter drop, Suki watched where the conversation traveled in silence.

There are many differences here. The kind that could lead to unhappy pairings. Benten, this humble one implores you- may you aid these men and women in finding partners that provide them with the type of love they need.

Suki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Butaj calms down, but not into a smile.

"Butaj will talk with his fellow Unicorn bachelors about this one. His interest wanes, but Butaj is faithful to the Unicorn spirit and trusts his brethren with his life and his mind. There is no other way. This sheltered girl knows nothing about our ways, and reaches out like she would like not like we would need. Butaj is not impressed at all and will not impart the best of him with this one until his mind is changed by wise counsel."

Butaj rises.

"When in doubt, call a kurultai. Butaj will call a small one to discuss candidates. All others who come will know of what happened here."

Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Khulun nodded in agreement, “Not even Butaj like Rabbit, must be bad meat in the rabbit. Send it back to the woods.”
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts