The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 pm

"Honestly nothing before arriving here, it has been theorized that perhaps those Shinjo found worthy in her explorations, but that were not of Rokugani descent, she choose to swear to her service as a new family, much how some daimyos take in ronin." he nods "My own family has only existed for about 15 years, having been recently created when Akodo Shmizu did a great service to the emperor." he shrugs "such things are not unheard of, but with the lack of contact our storytellers in the lion are obviously short on many of the great stories of honor and glory for your time away from the empire"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:...

"I would very much like that, Shinjo-san. You are most kind; and interesting, as well." She raised her cup of water to him, and sipped from it.[/quote]He raised his kumis in return. "I find you to be quite interesting as well, and look forward to future meetings. There are so many that have come here that have shown open minds and hearts, as well as being intriguing individuals. I've often been considered a fortunate guy by my peers. I tend to have a knack for coming out of adventures fine and getting lucky in my endeavors. But I think the most fortunate thing in my life so far is getting the chance to participate in this festival to meet so many wonderful people like yourself Tsukimi-san."

He was apparently feeling comfortable with the drink and the atmosphere and didn't really think anything of using her given name. It seemed to roll out of his mouth naturally.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:16 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks excited but serious. "Gladly. The Matsu are a family who have always been committed to their own way. We train Beastmasters and Bushi and are noted particuarly for our rapport with the Warcats and the fierceness of our armies. Some of the Empire's fiercest come from the ranks of the Matsu. Our women are particuarly noted for their inheritance of Matsu's fire and temper. Many of the men of our clan have different lives than men in other clans. When men marry into the Matsu, they take the Matsu name and when Matsu men marry out, they must leave the name behind. "

Kogo takes a brief pause, seeming to choose her words carefully and then forge ahead with fervor. "We must never forget our ancestress and her beliefs , or that we are warriors first. Going through gempukku shows us that. We must be forged, so that the flaws can be pounded out into good steel. A true Matsu must not only live a life of honor, but breathe it."

Kogo takes another sip of tea. "I fear I may have been less than interesting, but our family history and ideals are one of my favorite topics. I hope I have not bored you."

Chi-Pu listens intently. When Kogo finishes, the Unicorn speaks with equal excitement.

"The Matsu seem very similar in history to the Otaku in how our families are different in the way we see women. While you mention those marrying must take the Matsu name, in the Otaku, only the women may ride our steeds into battle. In fact, the reason we are called Battle Maidens is due to that unique stance. Our warhorses live for 30 years or more, but get to retire after 15 years or so. A Battle Maiden receives their steed when it is born, raising it as they themselves begin their training around the age of 5. Shiotome are not expected to marry until their first steed has retired. We value honor and the tenants of Bushido highly as well."

She takes another drink.

"I can see the Matsu and Otaku becoming close friends due to our similarities."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:He raised his kumis in return. "I find you to be quite interesting as well, and look forward to future meetings. There are so many that have come here that have shown open minds and hearts, as well as being intriguing individuals. I've often been considered a fortunate guy by my peers. I tend to have a knack for coming out of adventures fine and getting lucky in my endeavors. But I think the most fortunate thing in my life so far is getting the chance to participate in this festival to meet so many wonderful people like yourself Tsukimi-san."

He was apparently feeling comfortable with the drink and the atmosphere and didn't really think anything of using her given name. It seemed to roll out of his mouth naturally.

She blushed, and looked away for a moment, taking in the sights and sounds. Then looked back to him, and smiled thinly.
"We are fortunate to find ourselves here, in this common search for a better tomorrow. Fortune favours those who raise their faces to accept it."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:"Honestly nothing before arriving here, it has been theorized that perhaps those Shinjo found worthy in her explorations, but that were not of Rokugani descent, she choose to swear to her service as a new family, much how some daimyos take in ronin." he nods "My own family has only existed for about 15 years, having been recently created when Akodo Shmizu did a great service to the emperor." he shrugs "such things are not unheard of, but with the lack of contact our storytellers in the lion are obviously short on many of the great stories of honor and glory for your time away from the empire"

“Well you got it right,” she chuckles and eats more food.

“Shinjo-no-kami is one tough bitch, what stories do the Lion have?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:30 pm

"And how do you hope to make tomorrow better?" he asks her, curious and eyes bright. "What is it that Usagi Tsukimi wishes to accomplish for the Empire?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Asako Sayuri wrote:Her nerves steeled by what she is now convinced was a close brush with death, Sayuri returns to the feast. Now unburdened by Chugo-chan, she feels ready to enjoy herself. And no one is enjoying himself more at the feast than Moto Butaj.

I may never get the chance to behave this improperly again...

Her smile curling wickedly, she seats herself across from the enormous Moto.

"Moto-san, my heart soars to see one so joyful at his return home. Yet flying even higher are the tones of your voice."

She produces her sake cup.

"I must take this as a challenge. Let us reach new heights together."

"Ha-ha, what spirit, young lady! Butaj approves of your festive leanings!" The jovial man leans over to pour kumis to the woman's cup, then refills his own from the same skin. "To good health!" Butaj has no clear idea what challenge she means but drinking is drinking and you don't ask too many questions.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks excited but serious. "Gladly. The Matsu are a family who have always been committed to their own way. We train Beastmasters and Bushi and are noted particuarly for our rapport with the Warcats and the fierceness of our armies. Some of the Empire's fiercest come from the ranks of the Matsu. Our women are particuarly noted for their inheritance of Matsu's fire and temper. Many of the men of our clan have different lives than men in other clans. When men marry into the Matsu, they take the Matsu name and when Matsu men marry out, they must leave the name behind. "

Kogo takes a brief pause, seeming to choose her words carefully and then forge ahead with fervor. "We must never forget our ancestress and her beliefs , or that we are warriors first. Going through gempukku shows us that. We must be forged, so that the flaws can be pounded out into good steel. A true Matsu must not only live a life of honor, but breathe it."

Kogo takes another sip of tea. "I fear I may have been less than interesting, but our family history and ideals are one of my favorite topics. I hope I have not bored you."

Chi-Pu listens intently. When Kogo finishes, the Unicorn speaks with equal excitement.

"The Matsu seem very similar in history to the Otaku in how our families are different in the way we see women. While you mention those marrying must take the Matsu name, in the Otaku, only the women may ride our steeds into battle. In fact, the reason we are called Battle Maidens is due to that unique stance. Our warhorses live for 30 years or more, but get to retire after 15 years or so. A Battle Maiden receives their steed when it is born, raising it as they themselves begin their training around the age of 5. Shiotome are not expected to marry until their first steed has retired. We value honor and the tenants of Bushido highly as well."

She takes another drink.

"I can see the Matsu and Otaku becoming close friends due to our similarities."

Kogo became excited hearing the Otaku's story. "That's so incredible! Two clans, so different, and seperated, yet so similar. So you are one of those who may only ride the Otaku horses? They must be a special breed indeed. We also raise our cubs from birth, usually. It is the best way to have them obey us and be at their full potential." A brief shadow passes over Kogo's face, but is quicktly gone and replaced with a sunny smile.

"I am glad to meet another woman here who knows the bond between a beautiful animal and a samurai There is little greater in the world, besides a samurai's bond to their honor. "
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"And how do you hope to make tomorrow better?" he asks her, curious and eyes bright. "What is it that Usagi Tsukimi wishes to accomplish for the Empire?"

"That is a loaded question, Shinjo-san, and not one to ask when we have only just met. But ...I am a dancer. I move with the kami, in hopes that it pleases them." She bowed her head humbly.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo became excited hearing the Otaku's story. "That's so incredible! Two clans, so different, and seperated, yet so similar. So you are one of those who may only ride the Otaku horses? They must be a special breed indeed. We also raise our cubs from birth, usually. It is the best way to have them obey us and be at their full potential." A brief shadow passes over Kogo's face, but is quicktly gone and replaced with a sunny smile.

"I am glad to meet another woman here who knows the bond between a beautiful animal and a samurai There is little greater in the world, besides a samurai's bond to their honor. "

"Aye, while men are allowed to assist in breaking the Otaku steeds or caring for them, when it comes to battle, only a woman may ride them. It was an agreement made when we saved them from the City of Sorcerers. Their leader and the Otaku Daimyo discussed it and thus their leader agreed to become our mounts. "

"It is certainly interesting to see how we can share a bond despite being centuries apart. I wonder how many other things we are similar in without planning it?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Shimizu Ryori wrote:"Honestly nothing before arriving here, it has been theorized that perhaps those Shinjo found worthy in her explorations, but that were not of Rokugani descent, she choose to swear to her service as a new family, much how some daimyos take in ronin." he nods "My own family has only existed for about 15 years, having been recently created when Akodo Shmizu did a great service to the emperor." he shrugs "such things are not unheard of, but with the lack of contact our storytellers in the lion are obviously short on many of the great stories of honor and glory for your time away from the empire"

“Well you got it right,” she chuckles and eats more food.

“Shinjo-no-kami is one tough bitch, what stories do the Lion have?”

Of Shinjo? Or of the last 700 years? I am not a storyteller myself, but I know a few, my mom is a professional in that area, my area of expertise in training of animals, and fighting, Kyra, my sister. " he refills the lions saucer with more kumis "she is a tracker, scout, and bushi"

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo became excited hearing the Otaku's story. "That's so incredible! Two clans, so different, and seperated, yet so similar. So you are one of those who may only ride the Otaku horses? They must be a special breed indeed. We also raise our cubs from birth, usually. It is the best way to have them obey us and be at their full potential." A brief shadow passes over Kogo's face, but is quicktly gone and replaced with a sunny smile.

"Aye, while men are allowed to assist in breaking the Otaku steeds or caring for them, when it comes to battle, only a woman may ride them. It was an agreement made when we saved them from the City of Sorcerers. Their leader and the Otaku Daimyo discussed it and thus their leader agreed to become our mounts. "

"It is certainly interesting to see how we can share a bond despite being centuries apart. I wonder how many other things we are similar in without planning it?"

Kogo nodded. "Its a good question. There could be many possibilities. But I would love to hear more about how you saved the Otaku steeds from the City of Sorcerers. That sounds like a worthy tale. Will you be sharing it around the campfire tonight?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 pm

"Was it loaded? I did not mean for it to be. Perhaps I was just too general. I meant no offense," he says bowing his head in apology and blushing furiously in embarrassment. "I suppose what I meant more specifically was do you have any specific goals that you are pursuing beyond the miai. Is there a certain place that you wish to map for the benefit of the empire or something along those lines. But I'd really like to see your dancing sometime. I hope I get the opportunity."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nodded. "Its a good question. There could be many possibilities. But I would love to hear more about how you saved the Otaku steeds from the City of Sorcerers. That sounds like a worthy tale. Will you be sharing it around the campfire tonight?"

"If not me, one from my family or clan will. It was a big part of our history after all, most Unicorn would be able to tell you about it."

Chi-Pu's stomach grumbles and she takes another sip of tea.

"Speaking of campfires, how do you find the living quarters of the Unicorn? From what I have been told, Yurts are much different than what most of the Empire are used to"
Last edited by Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:Of Shinjo? Or of the last 700 years? I am not a storyteller myself, but I know a few, my mom is a professional in that area, my area of expertise in training of animals, and fighting, Kyra, my sister. " he refills the lions saucer with more kumis "she is a tracker, scout, and bushi"

“Tell me a story of your people,” she asks of the Lion.

She offers her own cup for kumis.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center