OOC Chat V

Re: OOC Chat V

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Why do I find myself not rating Kato at the bottom. :/
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

*considers options, glares at Kato*
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 pm

My choices for everything:

Crab: Crab have been loyally doing their duty since the dawn of time, and since the dawn of time, the rest of the Empire has ignored them. Jade stores are down because the clans are greedy. It's time to make the conflict with the 9th a forefront of policy, and make jade all be used as a weapon like it is intended. It's time for a Crab to sit the throne, since only a Crab truly understands the horrors should their clan fall.

Crane: Crane have set the traditions of the Empire since Lady Doji graced the moral world with her presence. To support anyone other than the rightful heir, the Emperor's Eldest Son, would be a disgrace and would be throwing away centuries of tradition. Otomo Hiro may not be the best man, but he would only rule until the rightful Emperor came to age.

Dragon: (Meta Game knowledge in terms of Dragon) I like the version of Imperial Histories where Togashi comes down and rules the empire. Yes please.

Lion: Loyalty to family is utmost important for a Lion clan samurai, second only to the Empire itself. Clearly there is no choice here except for Hantei Tokiyo

Phoenix: The Phoenix know much about spirits, and with that in mind I think many Phoenix would wish to see the Iron Chrysanthemum on the throne again simply because he is a spirit. (Honestly probably my weakest reasoning)

Scorpion: The Spiders webs catch many in their grasp, and if the web grows to large, it could even ensare a Scorpion. Remember when the Scorpion befriended the Frog to cros the river only to sting him part way through? Kato is a danger to the empire, but to truly defeat the danger once must first befriend him...

Unicorn: Shinjo is the ONLY choice. She is a literal goddess, and no one else has a claim greater than that.

Imperials: Doji Sumiko...Doji...D. Dr..Dre...Dream.....Sleep. Dream......Sleep. Dream....
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:00 pm

I personally went with:

Crab: Hida Kame. She’s a great character, I want to see more of her.
Crane, Lion, Scorpion, Imperials: Seppun Kato. He’s been planning this move for a long time and is owed a lot of favors. I dithered on whether the Lion should go this way, but the Emperor’s brother has a better claim than the Emperor’s wife.
Dragon, Phoenix: Otomo Hiro. I think these clans would be into his weird prophecies.
Unicorn: Shinjo. You can’t go wrong supporting your clan kami.

I'm a little sad that I didn't vote for any clan to support the Steel Chrysanthemum, but I couldn't see a justification.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Tokiyo got ScorpLion, Hiro got Dragon Phoenix, Hida Kame for Crab, Shinjo for Pony, Kato for Crane and Imps.... I think I got everyone?
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:45 am

My thoughts:

Imperials: Total OOC vote for the Imperials. I mean, who doesn't love the Kolat?

Crab: I came super close to voting for Kame. But figured she's not the type to try to take over herself. Now, a strong new Emperor willing to shake up the order of things to give the Crab the help they need and deserve? Well, that's a different story. Or maybe a strong old Emperor would be a better way to say it.

Crane: I really didn't know. I didn't see a reason for them to support any of the Hantei, so I went with Doji Etsuo, mainly just because it was that or Hiro and I just voted for the Scorpion when I did their vote.

Dragon: I think the Dragon choices are solid. I chose Kato because with Togashi's prophecies, the Dragon can do the least expected things and thought this would be an interesting chance.

Lion: I went with Hantei XVI figuring many Lions would see fighting with their ancestors as the correct path. Though I think the massive support of Hantei Tokiyo makes a lot of sense (and was my second choice).

Phoenix: I love that the Phoenix are so divided. It fits them perfectly. I went with Hiro since I figure that's who my Phoenix PC would support (not because she believes in prophecy, but because she sees the son as the Emperor). Though I don't want to see them supporting Hantei under any circumstance. I just imagine the Lion "You know, we gave you a second chance after Iuchiban and again you sided with the biggest threat to the Empire. Well, no more chances." And it's actually kind of hard to argue with that. So yeah, I'll definitely be reprising Tamaki to fight against that.

Scorpion: I admit, I totally surprised that so many voted for Kato. Generally, it's unwise to support your extremely competent competition. I went with Hiro figuring the Scorpion would recognize the Hantei's son as the true Emperor.

Unicorn: Considering the Unicorn haven't been in Rokugan for that long, it makes sense that they would support their candidate over any pre-existing character. Add to the fact that the candidate is Shinjo herself, well it's a no-brainer.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 am

Poor Hantei XVI gets no love. That won't end well.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:39 am

Oooo, polls and activities! Yay! :)

All hail Shinjo? Just about as runaway as one can imagine! :P
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Kakita Nanami on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:58 am

Asako Yuki wrote:Poor Hantei XVI gets no love. That won't end well.

Don't worry; that just makes him the most likely to win and thus turn all of Rokugan into giant pot of swirling Jigoku goodness.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 am

Otomo Tenzo wrote:Oooo, polls and activities! Yay! :)

All hail Shinjo? Just about as runaway as one can imagine! :P

Hail indeed!
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 pm

I only voted in polls associated or adjacent to characters I have played. It will be interesting to see how this works out . . .

Also, news from my tabletop campaign!
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:04 am

Tokiyo and Kato shall make for a most interesting clash. Until Shinjo shames them!
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:09 am

Sigh, Liu Yue is still my favorite character. Much <3 to everyone who made that a reality.

Time to get to the votes...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 am

I found myself rereading the match-choosing thread last night - good reading~
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:59 am

Damnit. Now, you got me reading them. :lol:
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat