Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 am

Stacked per mod on the same attachment :)
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri May 26, 2017 10:57 am

Otaku Imane wrote:Stacked per mod on the same attachment :)

This is correct, per attachment.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri May 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Query for a different item; Does the Czerka Arms 411 Holdout Blaster from Fly Casual offer the same penalty to find it as a normal holdout blaster? I know it has upgraded range, but without a bonus to hiding it it would still just essentially be a rare light blaster pistol with one less damage and one less hard point~
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 am

So as a spur of the moment thing I've decided to write short fics dictating various situations as part of the previews. Hope you enjoy.

3660 BBY - Tatooine

It had to be a desert planet. Vatou kept himself in the shade of the bunker and continued to swallow down his allocated water ration. Even if his master was a demanding man, he was at least sensible enough to requisition a Selkath padawan an ample amount of water.

He was sure that his master was busy conducting drills or reviewing the Republic’s strategic assets. At least he is letting me rest due to the weather. Their earlier bout had resulted in Vatou going down from a single swing from the training saber. “The heat,” he had said as an excuse, though the padawan was starting to believe he was simply not cut out for war.

His eyes turned to the horizon, one of the suns about to set. He enjoyed the sight of it, even if it was the main source of his anguish. It was a distant expanse, in that regard similar to the oceans. However, the sand sat still, unlike the constantly shifting waters. Only the haze of the heat showed any sign of motion.

That and the shapes shooting through the sky.

He blinked. “Imperials! Raise the alarm!” He rushed back to the Jedi Quarters, screaming at any passing allies. Not every trooper understood his words but his frantic gestures made the intent obvious. The sirens flared soon afterward and the base was on full alert.

It did not take long for Master Garrick Lorne to find him. “Apprentice,” his voice echoed through the halls. It had always been impossible for Vatou to gleam if he was pleased or disappointed in terms of tone. The giant man seized the Selkath and turned him around. “We require everyone to contribute in this battle, Vatou. Do not be afraid. There is no chaos, there is harmony.”

Lorne ignited his lightsaber and rushed forward. “Quickly!” HIs padawan, in tow, barely managed to keep up. Partway through, his lightsaber was lifted from his waist and into his hand through the Force. “You will be needing that,” he said, again his tone either being condescending or one of a gentle reminder.

The assault had already begun once they reached the entrance., His master reflected any blaster bolt he deemed necessary, allowing others to glance his armor, before eventually leaping forward into the fray. Vatou flailed into cover, his lightsaber only serving to signal him as a potential high value target.

It was only by some stroke of luck that he did not take any lasting damage. Soldiers around him took blaster fire and explosives, leaving them either writing or motionless on the ground. One bolt nearly seared his head, though he never discovered this. Instead, it reflected off of his saber and back into a charging Sith’s leg. The distracting pain left him open to continued fire, which soon left him little more than a husk on the ground. “Good job, Master Jedi!” the one closest to him shouted with a smile before continuing his barrage.

Vatou gulped and looked out for his master. I thought he was supposed to be teaching me in the field too, not leaving me behind. Eventually he caught sight of the Jedi Master along with a Sith Lord, the two comparing each other’s forms as the battle raged around each other.

Then, without any flair, Master Lorne leaped forward with an overhead strike. The Sith smirked and raised his saber, ready to parry such an easy blow. However, his guard was only enough to keep it from being a complete bisection. The Jedi’s lightsaber drove through his skull and down to his chest, obviously slaying him instantly.

The Selkath shut his eyes and dived back behind cover. He looked to his saber and shuddered before tossing it away.

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no… there is no...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat May 27, 2017 6:47 am

<3 Nekoinu's storytime
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat May 27, 2017 1:15 pm

For future reference please list which book a piece of equipment or gear you want is from if you have a question... there are a lot of them and I don;t always recall where they are.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Sat May 27, 2017 4:19 pm

I have this pocket death start costing 1 credit from this totally cool book that was released only to me.

Totes legit, right?
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 am

Moto Khulun wrote:For future reference please list which book a piece of equipment or gear you want is from if you have a question... there are a lot of them and I don't always recall where they are.

*was sure to that, totally understands*
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 am

Query about an attachment in advance.

Damping emitter. Endless Vigil, page 51. Lets me make my lightsaber nonlethal.

Would that be approved, once I can afford and find it?
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun May 28, 2017 2:34 am

Short fiction? Yay! Hopefully it's not unedited garbage :3

3656 - Dromund Kass

Visiting a Lord of the Sith was often a daunting experience for anyone without their gift. This unease extended even to visiting a family member. Anhel Rolm tapped his foot as he sat upright in the waiting area of his sister’s stronghold. The decor was meticulous and orderly, each piece matched with a symmetrical match and spotlessness nearing to the extreme.

“Lord Haydriss is ready to see you.” The nobleman nodded and followed the servant further into the sanctum. It did not take long to reach her personal chambers, her holdings minimal compared to more ambitious lords. Upon entering, all attendants were dismissed immediately and then it was only the two of them.

The two of them gazed at each other for a few moments. Anhel expected her to greet him warmly, as such in the past, but he was met with only an emotionless mask behind a desk. She did, however, speak eventually. “Anhel, it is a pleasure to see you.” She tapped her fingers against her chair and then rose. “Why have you come to me today?”

He clenched his fists and inhaled. “Sister, why did you not come to the party?” He kept his tone as restrained as he could manage. “Mother was expecting to see you there.”

Haydriss shook her head and walked closer to him. “I have been occupied with my research.” She let out a sigh that reverberated through her mask. “Brother,” she added with the sentimentality that had been thought to be lost.

“Surely you can set aside a few hours for our mother.”

“I am close to a breakthrough, brother!” she said with excitement. She turned to the door and let out a small laugh. “Shall I show you my progress?” Before he even responded, she began to head out.

Anhel latched onto her wrist and was met instantly by a darkness overtaking the room. The masked face turned back to him, offended by the touch upon her person. “Sister,” he said, as if to remind her of their relationship. It appeared to be enough as the anger ceased emanating from her body. He pulled back and folded his hands behind his back. “Sister, we are concerned about your distance from our family.” He took a breath. “I am concerned about your well-being.”

The Sith let out a sigh. “What can I do to assuage your concerns, little brother?”

“You can start by addressing me like a sibling.” He exhaled. “You do not need to wear that mask with me.”

To his surprise, she complied and unsealed her mask. It released a small hiss before she removed it from her face. Her face was not marred by injuries, contrary to his expectations, but her eyes had turned to a sickly yellow. “I am a Sith Lord. I choose to emanate that facet of my life instead of our family.” She looked down at her mask and then back to him. “It would harm my efforts to be involved in politics.”

“There is nothing to be afraid of, sister. It would only beneficial for you to align your interests to mother’s.”

“On the contrary, I am certain that the last remnant of the Serasai will prove problematic in the near future.”

“She is too inexperienced to be of any threat”

“Kristal Serasai is the apprentice of Darth Marr. It is unlike him to choose someone who is weak.” She tilted her head. “I imagine that her two friends match her potential. I heard that one of them also earned the favor of another Dark Council member, Darth Vowrawn.”

“If you are so sure of their capabilities, then you should be willing to help solidify our family’s position. Our family, Haydriss.”

The Sith woman pulled her hand back and shook her head. “What would you have me do, Anhel? If I destroyed them, I would be earning the ire of their masters and anyone else invested in their efforts. If I opposed them indirectly, I would be using resources that I need for my research.” Her eyes turned baleful and peered through him. “In either case, I would be contributing to what is dismantling our Empire.”

“What dismantles our Empire is a lack of loyalty!”

Once more, the room shuddered from her anger. “Do not dare believe that I do not still love you, Anhel. But I will not allow that to shroud my better judgement.” She let out a harsh hiss as her shoulders heaved.

Anhel tugged at his collar, a bit of sweat crawling down his neck. “Sister,” he said once more, hoping that it would calm her down.

She opened her mouth but was interrupted by the arrival of another Sith. Her status as such was not readily apparent beyond the lightsaber at her hip. The Zabrak looked jovial for a brief moment before her expression turned more serious. “I didn’t know you had company,” she remarked before shooting Haydriss an apologetic glance.

Both of the Rolm siblings stayed silent. “Oh come on, at least introduce me. I am Lord Ralnorrei.”

The non-Sith frowned and crossed his arms. “You may be Sith but you should know better than to interrupt us.”

“Sure, sure,” the Zabrak muttered. Then, with a fiendish smirk, she ignited her lightsaber and swung it straight for the man’s neck. An instant before it had met his neck, the blade vanished, the hilt following through with the phantom swing. Past his head, Ralnorrei reignited it and let it hum next to his ear.

Haydriss drew out her lightsaber in response and interposed her stance to protect her younger brother. The other Sith let out a sigh and retracted her weapon. “Woah there. There’s no need to be such a protective sister.” She shrugged to the confused man. “Yeah, she’s told me about the family.” Her eyes lit up, though this time her excitement was much more happy than sinister. “Do you ever say, ‘Hey sis” to her? It sounds very similar to Haydriss.”

The two others stayed silent. Anhel looked to his sister as she lowered her eyes, a tinge of red on her cheeks. “I did not mean to interrupt you, sister,” he finally said. “I will leave you to your research.”

She intended on leading him outside but he refused the gesture. “Take care, Anhel,” she said with a weak smile.

He nodded and walked out of her office. As soon as the door shut, he heard his sister begin cursing the other Sith. The shouting stopped shortly afterward but he was led away by a servant before he could eavesdrop any longer.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun May 28, 2017 6:04 am

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:Query about an attachment in advance.

Damping emitter. Endless Vigil, page 51. Lets me make my lightsaber nonlethal.

Would that be approved, once I can afford and find it?

Sure.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 am

*flails excitedly over the new story*
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun May 28, 2017 10:51 am

Nar Shaddaa – Traveler’s Guide
Nar-Shaddaa-small.jpg
Nar-Shaddaa-small.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 3390 times

The Smuggler’s Moon is a notorious world in Hutt space, located in the Y’toub system orbiting the world of Nal Hutta. Nal Hutta is a swampy semi-toxic world controlled by the Hutts and despite what many think and the heavy Hut presence it is not the original Hutt homeworld.

The world of Nar Shaddaa is a lawless place, dangerous and dominated by powerful crime lords and the Hutt cartels. Nothing happens on Nar Shaddaa that the Hutts do not have a piece of the action. The moon of Nal Hutta was at one time a lush jungle world with beautiful oceans, but that was so long ago that none now live that remembers the old moon. Now it is an urban environment, a vast planet-wide city built in layers several thousand meters high.

The moon has an orbital period of 413 standard galactic days and a native day period of 87 standard galactic hours; the world is homes to billions many of which are transient visitors and pretty much anything can be found and bought on Nar Shaddaa for the right price. Law and Order is generally enforced by the local gangs and the Hutt cartels if you can defend yourself then do it, otherwise you have to beseech the crime lords to act on your behalf.

If someone wrongs you, you get justice yourself, but life is hardly fair on Nar Shaddaa, important people tend to have important friends and for the right amount of credits and influence you can get away with anything, of course that means you normally owe someone for such freedom.

Hutts don’t really tax anyone but they do have fees for just about everything, from port costs to trade fees for merchants, all of these are competitive and the only rule is to not impede trade of any kind. This makes this a popular spot for corporate entities to open offices to pursue research on topics and technologies that are often outlawed in Imperial or Republic space or controlled by government entities.

The weather on Nar Shaddaa tends to hover between warm twilight if a bit muggy and miserable oily rain from the pollution choked skies, on an average day the temperature ranges from 28 to 30 degrees Celsius. The city never sleeps, never rests, and is not stopped by foul weather. When it rains it can often do so for hours and flood the lowest layers of the moon. The rain is brackish and oily and not fit for drinking for most sentient beings, the desperate collect it and drink it but without purification this is usually a bad option.

Despite the 87 hour day most people tend to operate by the standard galactic day, which works out to about 3 standard days and 15 hours to a normal Nar Shaddaa day. It should also be noted that the planet tends to be shrouded in odd state of twilight, more accurately the lighting that tends to happen in the sliver of time between day and night on other terrestrial worlds. The skies are choked with ships and speeders and the buildings have garish neon holo-signs and advertising. The walkways are crowded and everything is always happening on the Smuggler’s Moon.

Welcome to the Smuggler’s Moon and remember the Hutts are your friends.
Moto Khulun

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun May 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Good story, good layout of Nar Shaddaa. :)
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 28, 2017 3:28 pm

I like friends!
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri