Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Shapes moved in the darkness, black on black. They soared overhead, spying out the land below as they made two wide, circling passes over the village.

Eventually, they descended near its southern edge, alighting upon the archery targets in a flurry of beating wings. There were a half-dozen of them, emaciated and decaying, the feathers already molting from their feather-light bodies. Their eyes had long since rotted away, leaving behind empty sockets, but from the way they cocked their heads, they gave the impression of still being possessed of sight.

Every so often, one of the undead birds shifted its weight or beat its wings, but none of them seemed to be in any sort of hurry to depart.
Mindshred

Re: Heralds of Darkness (D1, Early Night)

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Udo had come to meditate, but he found himself sitting in the field, unable to continue. It was often like this for him, his fascination with achieving the peace of mind that meditation brings often preventing him from actually achieving it.

So he sat, and he thought about all the ways that meditating could make his life better... if only he could truly grasp the deepest secrets of the art of meditation.

Lost in thought, he noticed nothing amiss.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Khulun should be trying to sleep, but this was all too exciting to just do something dumb like sleeping. She was no archer but she saw someone doing a thing… all alone in the dark?

“Hey what are you doing?” she asked as she approached the Dragon.

“You one of them Dragon samurai? Do you do the thing?” she says.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:29 pm

The birds shift on the archery targets, turning their attention toward the two samurai. As small as they are, they would be difficult to pick out in the darkness, and even if one did... what thought did samurai give to birds?
Mindshred

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Udo shook his head a little to clear his thoughts before standing up and bowing to the Moto.

"I am a Dragon samurai, and I do many things, some of them well. It is my pleasure to meet you, I am Togashi Udo."

Udo stretches. "It is a pleasant evening, is it not?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:34 pm

“Better now that I am filled with… shrimpu… or whatever. Sea bugs, looked gross, but damn if they didn’t hit the spot. Moto Khulun, Dragon. Way it’s told your people helped me and mines,” she says warmly.

She offers her hand to the Dragon.

“You got my respect till you don’t.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 pm

The birds watch the exchange with the silence and stillness of the grave.
Mindshred

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Udo looks at her hand, confused, and shifts a little where he stands.

"It was a good dinner that your Clan put on, and I'm happy the Dragon could assist them return to the Empire. After all, if they had not, I may not be meeting Khulun-san now... though by the look of you, you may have made it back regardless of any help." Udo tries to compliment the Bushi (who I assume is carrying her weapons and whatnot).

"It is also good to be away from all the loud conversation and people. It is why I came here to meditate and enjoy the cool of the night."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 pm

She looks at her hand, "Oh right... you don't shake hands here."

"I hate people, usually. So I like being alone. Never meditated, seemed boring."
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 pm

The Hare was ill. Sweat on her brow, her stomach in knots, she decided to go for a walk in the cool early night's air to find some relief.
Spotting conversation, she paid brief attention to the birds, as she was interested in all things, but her feet led her to the pair.

"Ohayo. This one is Usagi Tsukimi. Can she join you for a bit of respite?" She bowed, once to each of them, and looked pained but hopeful.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:54 pm

"Shake hands? No, but I'd be happy to learn. Much of my training had to do with my hands." Udo makes a fist.

"Well, there is no better way to be alone when surrounded by people than meditating. It's far from boring, though, as a proper meditation will stop you from even realizing time is passing." The enthusiasm which is coming from Udo is obvious, and it's clear that he's into meditating.

Udo seems to largely have ignored her comment about hating people, largely because he's unsure how to even respond to it, but luckily he was saved by the arrival of the Hare.

"Ohayo Usagi-san. This one is Togashi Udo." Udo glances at the Moto, aware now that she doesn't like people. "You are welcome to join me, as are you, Moto-san, if you are not too busy?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:56 pm

The rotting birds briefly glance toward the new arrival, their balding heads tracking her progress as she joins the other two samurai.

They watch in silence for a few moments longer before opening their beaks and whispering into the night.

"...Moto..."
Mindshred

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Where did the creepy noise come from...

If she could hear it she looks for the source as she says with complete and total enthusiasm, "Oh yeah... sounds fun."
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 pm

"Togashi-san. Moto-san." She greeted them properly.

Then she heard the eerie voices, and her eyebrows rose.

"Er... Is there someone else?"
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Udo looks around and sees no one.

"Perhaps the sound of the festivities and joy at the return of the Unicorn is traveling to our ears."

Udo looks at the Hare again. "Are you quite well? Perhaps we should sit?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Next

Return to Archery Field