Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue May 16, 2017 8:34 pm

With that in mind, I think I'm just making up a homeworld for my character, rather than try to figure out what's old and what's new, what's cannon and what's EU/Legends on the wiki for worlds.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Kakita Nanami on Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Wait, how is SW:TOR not Disney canon? It's an EA game, and they're affiliated with Disney.

Anything not created after the buyout is, officially, Legends. SW:TOR and everything they do for it falls into that category (and is allowed to continue operating because it turns a fairly hefty profit for how much money goes into it). It's there for the story team to decide to pick and choose from but until then not part of canon.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 pm

This is all Legends material.

As for the Empire and Republic, the resurgent Empire has an Emperor an immortal one and lots of Sith, the top Sith besides the Emperor is the Dark Council the highest ranking Sith in the Empire. This Empire is modeled after the Galactic Empire in the movies, ships look similar, similar aesthetic in architecture. They are anti-alien in general and ruthless. The capitol is on Drommund Kaas, but Korriban and Ziost are also major worlds for them.

The Republic is modeled after the Republic in the prequel movies except everyone in the Republic has American accents for the most part instead of the Imperial faux British accent. The Republic is centered on Coruscant and the Jedi are pretty much the same as the ones in the films, just more of them and unlike the MMO Tython has not been discovered and Dantooine is currently rebuilding after events from the first game. Coruscant is the primary Jedi Temple for the Jedi.

Coruscant has not been sacked yet...
Tonbo Misa wrote:With that in mind, I think I'm just making up a homeworld for my character, rather than try to figure out what's old and what's new, what's cannon and what's EU/Legends on the wiki for worlds.

This is totally acceptable.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:[Are you familiar with SW:TOR?

Misa and I are absolutely unfamiliar with SWTOR, KOTOR, and most other non-movie stuff.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue May 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:
Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:[Are you familiar with SW:TOR?

Misa and I are absolutely unfamiliar with SWTOR, KOTOR, and most other non-movie stuff.

You will be fine.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:Misa and I are absolutely unfamiliar with SWTOR, KOTOR, and most other non-movie stuff.

Eh, you don't need 'em. Gand still click just the same in the Old Republic Era as they do in the Rebellion Era.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue May 16, 2017 9:00 pm

*puts in .02 cents*

I've had to do so much rebuilding of my canon knowledge since the wipe.

But it's been fun to do and on average the new Canon has had higher quality levels thus far than Legends did.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 pm

I could tell you where all the secrets are in Shadows of the Empire for the N64 though.

And that's not entirely true anyway. Just been a long time since I played any SW PC game.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm

I am not going to hammer you because you goof on some lore or history, we are all hopefully here to pay space wizards and smugglers in an implausible space opera.
Moto Khulun

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:I am not going to hammer you because you goof on some lore or history, we are all hopefully here to pay space wizards and smugglers in an implausible space opera.

Star Wars was a documentary, filmed in real time!
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Tonbo Misa wrote:I could tell you where all the secrets are in Shadows of the Empire for the N64 though.

Take that wompa scum! pewpew.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue May 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Another brief preview for the Force Users:

Mentors

Force users that have an experienced mentor, leader, or teacher can learn force abilities easier than normal due to the guidance of their mentor. This is represented mechanically by allowing the player to pick up one Force ability per game at a reduce cost, 5 xp discount, this only applies to the Base ability. For example a young padawan could learn Influence for 5 XP due to the guidance of their master.

This can only be done once per game, has to be during play, and the reduction only applies to the base ability.
Moto Khulun

Postby Isawa Nonin on Tue May 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Tonbo Misa wrote:With that in mind, I think I'm just making up a homeworld for my character, rather than try to figure out what's old and what's new, what's cannon and what's EU/Legends on the wiki for worlds.

This is totally acceptable.

That was the route I went too.

The canon for SW is so weird twisty, it seemed by far the best route. Since I decided against playing a Jawa . . .
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue May 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Shelves Jawa side story.

Now we may never learn the true secrets.
Moto Khulun

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 16, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm the prince of Planet X.

*nods*
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat