Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:At the edge of the crowd, large eyes barely peeping over the edge of her fan, a diminutive girl in Unicorn colours watched the crowd. The bodies of samurai were like a forest, tall and burly trees trunks mingled with willowy bamboo and, here and there, were the saplings of others small as herself.

Jealously she watched the cats, monkeys, even a lemur, that accompanied a number of samurai. You are a woman now, she chided herself, and too old for such childish fancies; but she couldn't help but feel envious.

Once the announcements were done, she shrank back a little, people watching. Amaya fluttered her fan slightly and quickly averted her eyes when anyone came too close.

((Due to time zone differences, please PM if you speak to Amaya, I will endeavour to respond promptly))

As Amaya was avoiding eye contact with a samurai around her, Hotaru was taking the opportunity to eye the other woman in return at a distance. She was focused on her Clan mon in particular, trying to decipher that it meant and which family it belonged to. It was like school all over again, and Unicorn mons weren't exactly covered in the lessons. Nevertheless, sometimes it was just best to ask and find out later.

Hotaru took a few steps forward to the Unicorn maiden and bowed politely to greet her with a welcoming smile on her lips. "Good afternoon and it's a lovely afternoon at that." She said with a quick gesture to the sun with one hand before placing it on her heart. "This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden from Tengoku's Path. May I be honoured to make your acquaintance, Unicorn-san?"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Asako Hirase wrote:The new arrival was bowed to as flawlessly as if she had spoken with a Crane's own grace, with perhaps a hint of apology at the disruption to Chi-Pu as he moved.

"I am Asako Hirase. I had only asked Utaku-san of how your people came to join the Ki-Rin. While I am assured her knowledge would have been sufficient in this regard, by all mean, please, let us hear it from one of the descendants of those that were there."

“There’s the clean version and the Moto version, which you want?” she says sternly.

Chi-Pu looks to Khulun but does not say anything. In fact, Chi-Pu continues to smile from atop her steed.

Tianma paws a little at the ground with a hoof.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi maintained a stoic look as she spoke. He took his time before replying.

"You do a fine work Usagi-san. Compiling history. Truly a noble work."

Don't make me faint from such swoon-worthy praise, Scorpion.

"Thank you... probably boring work to most, I'm sure. But someone's gotta do it when all the other Hares are fighting and stuff," she chuckled.

"So Bayushi-sama and Matsu-sama were already acquainted before coming here?"

Oh yes..fighting bunnies. I can see your enemies fleeing in terror. "Sound the retreat! Those damn bunnies have us out numbered! They'll beat us with their carrots and their books!"

Even his amused thought did not break his stoic nature. He then returned to the question.

"Matsu Kogo-san and I met a court."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“There’s the clean version and the Moto version, which you want?” she says sternly.

"I want your version." He gazed at her calmly. "The first lesson is the one most often retained. Yours will be the first words I have on this subject. It is only fit that you choose for yourself how it, and you, will be judged."

A slight tip of the chin indicated those around them.

"By more than ourselves."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:39 pm

"I am certain Matsu-sama will have the chance to learn much more while here. Not only about the Unicorn, but of the other clans as well. I will be holding lessons in history every day while I'm here, as long as the hosts allow me to do so... I spoke earlier about the Battle of Stolen Graves, the Battle of Bloody Retreat and the Battle of Sleeping River." She replied politely to Kogo.

"Though I'm certain you both are familiar with those tales, as the Scorpion and the Lion were instrumental heroes in those battles," a small nod of respect. "But you say you met at court, Bayushi-sama? At Shiro Matsu then?"

Kogo didn't seem the courtly type to her, so she was naturally curious.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Good afternoon and it's a lovely afternoon at that." She said with a quick gesture to the sun with one hand before placing it on her heart. "This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden from Tengoku's Path. May I be honoured to make your acquaintance, Unicorn-san?"

Bowing neatly, if not entirely gracefully, from the waist, she lowered her fan to reveal a polite, shy smile. "The honour would be mine, Bayushi Hotaru-Sama," she replied carefully, a little uncertain. "I am called Ide Amaya. On behalf of the Unicorn Clan and Ide family, I welcome you."
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:
Usagi Tomoe wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi maintained a stoic look as she spoke. He took his time before replying.

"You do a fine work Usagi-san. Compiling history. Truly a noble work."

Don't make me faint from such swoon-worthy praise, Scorpion.

"Thank you... probably boring work to most, I'm sure. But someone's gotta do it when all the other Hares are fighting and stuff," she chuckled.

"So Bayushi-sama and Matsu-sama were already acquainted before coming here?"

Oh yes..fighting bunnies. I can see your enemies fleeing in terror. "Sound the retreat! Those damn bunnies have us out numbered! They'll beat us with their carrots and their books!"

Even his amused thought did not break his stoic nature. He then returned to the question.

"Matsu Kogo-san and I met a court."

"I will be glad to learn more. My curiosity of the ways of other clan's is part of what brought me here." Kogo brightens again at the idea of lessons. "I am sorry to have missed your lesson! I will most assuredly attend tomorrow."

Kogo noticed her confusion and laughed a little inside. *Even now, mother would probably be a little embarrassed of me.*

"We met at the Akodo court recently. I had gone to learn more of my noble cousin's ways and broaden my education. Bayushi-san was kind enough to provide some assistance as I learned my way around court." Kogo looks at Bayushi-san. "Even though I suspect this humble one's fumblings occasionally caused him grief."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"I am certain Matsu-sama will have the chance to learn much more while here. Not only about the Unicorn, but of the other clans as well. I will be holding lessons in history every day while I'm here, as long as the hosts allow me to do so... I spoke earlier about the Battle of Stolen Graves, the Battle of Bloody Retreat and the Battle of Sleeping River." She replied politely to Kogo.

"Though I'm certain you both are familiar with those tales, as the Scorpion and the Lion were instrumental heroes in those battles," a small nod of respect. "But you say you met at court, Bayushi-sama? At Shiro Matsu then?"

Kogo didn't seem the courtly type to her, so she was naturally curious.

"A simple matter involving minor lawlessness being chased into our border. Nothing really major Usagi-san."
Last edited by Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"I want your version." He gazed at her calmly. "The first lesson is the one most often retained. Yours will be the first words I have on this subject. It is only fit that you choose for yourself how it, and you, will be judged."

A slight tip of the chin indicated those around them.

"By more than ourselves."

“Shinjo-dono… well we tried to kill her. My people are warriors and we saw an opportunity, but then we learned she ain’t easy to kill and more so she was more god than the gods we had, way it goes. We follow the strong and the first of my family gave his loyalty and life for Shinjo-no-kami,” she spits on the ground and then gazes back at the Phoenix.

“We been her right hand ever since, I can trace my line back to those that rode at her side, that killed her enemies, that brought glory to the Unicorn. Check your fucking rolls again, Bird-san we are the Unicorn and your written words ain’t changing that.”

She puts a hand on his shoulder, “But no harm done, the wind is still good to ride.”

She then removes her hand and offers it the Phoenix.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Yobanjin had, once, been of the same fabric as Rokugani, but so long ago that it was a thin tie indeed. The Unicorn, and this woman in particular, were not so dissimilar than the more distant of their neighbors. He didn't do more than raise a brow when she touched him, then extended a hand to brush hers when prompted.

"Your ancestors bent to a Kami. So did mine. Location makes little difference in the end. Welcome, then, to the land that is yours by right of service, even if to your Family it is unfamiliar."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Mirumoto Chou wrote:...

"I'm not so sure Meushi would be fond of that. I'd probably have to train her up a bit I think," he says with a chuckle. "But as for myself? I am certain I'd love it. I'm a bit of a thrill seeker in that regard. She couldn't always join me on the ride when I'd go off and explore the more hazardous terrains we passed through. She definitely couldn't swim in some of the rapid waters I've dared or climbed some of the heights I've challenged. Though I've never conquered a mountain. Something I'd definitely love to try someday."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Shinjo-dono… well we tried to kill her. My people are warriors and we saw an opportunity, but then we learned she ain’t easy to kill and more so she was more god than the gods we had, way it goes. We follow the strong and the first of my family gave his loyalty and life for Shinjo-no-kami,” she spits on the ground and then gazes back at the Phoenix.

“We been her right hand ever since, I can trace my line back to those that rode at her side, that killed her enemies, that brought glory to the Unicorn. Check your fucking rolls again, Bird-san we are the Unicorn and your written words ain’t changing that.”

She puts a hand on his shoulder, “But no harm done, the wind is still good to ride.”

She then removes her hand and offers it the Phoenix.

Asako Hirase wrote:Yobanjin had, once, been of the same fabric as Rokugani, but so long ago that it was a thin tie indeed. The Unicorn, and this woman in particular, were not so dissimilar than the more distant of their neighbors. He didn't do more than raise a brow when she touched him, then extended a hand to brush hers when prompted.

"Your ancestors bent to a Kami. So did mine. Location makes little difference in the end. Welcome, then, to the land that is yours by right of service, even if to your Family it is unfamiliar."

Chi-Pu watches the exchange and nods to the Moto approvingly.

"Moto-san"

She says in a greeting and then continues to watch the exchange.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Butaj yawns and looks around. The speech has sounded out, people are talking, and no-one is paying attention to Butaj! Butaj twitches, then tosses of topshur from his back and starts playing and singing in celebration of the Unicorn's return!

(Song!)

Day 1 - EA - Topshur Playing! - Ag/Sensation.: 5d10o10k4 30
Day 1 - EA - And Singing! - Awa/Sensation, Voice: 5d10o10k4 13

But while the music travels well, the voice dies in the conversations and words are lost.
Last edited by Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:Bowing neatly, if not entirely gracefully, from the waist, she lowered her fan to reveal a polite, shy smile. "The honour would be mine, Bayushi Hotaru-Sama," she replied carefully, a little uncertain. "I am called Ide Amaya. On behalf of the Unicorn Clan and Ide family, I welcome you."

There was a slight glint in her eyes as something in her name dawned on her, namely her Family. Her smile grew and she nodded back at her. "Thank you so very much, Ide-san. It seems rather safe to assume that your Family will be handling a bulk of the organization of the event and hosting us. You've done an amicable job from what I've seen and especially in such a short time! Your local governor actually fills me with hope and only pleasant thoughts. I do wish to return that generosity you've given us in time. Perhaps, first, I could learn a little more about your Family. I know you don't have all day, so any small amount would be really indulging my curiousity."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Tomoe looked between them, thankful that the Matsu was more chatty than the stoic Bayushi. Wait, isn't it usually the opposite?!

"Aha, I would hardly think you cause Bayushi-sama any grief, Matsu-sama. You seem to have an aptitude for these social things. Guess Akodo's followers really can be good at anything they put their minds to, eh?" she grinned behind her fan, which depicted a cute scenery of hares and and mice.

"Though I see Bayushi-sama is trying to downplay the whole thing. Tsk. I think I'd rather hear this story from Matsu-sama's point of view."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center