Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon May 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:I know Dapper Dog has said that a Holocron could potentially be a Signature Item, or you could maybe have special cybernetic implants. Could also be something less tangible and more plot-focused, like a key to a pirate treasure (think Risha in the Smuggler's story), a Force relic of unknown origins and function...

And now I'm imagining my droid with a force relic that it can't use. :lol:
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon May 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Jedi, Sith, pfffttt.... Blaming the Force for your own hangups.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon May 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Is a Republic force user who isn't Jedi possible? I don't know how absolute the Jedi monopoly is.

Can you tell yet that other than playing Republic, I'm really not settled on anything?
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Akodo Runno on Mon May 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:i have to admit. i see signature item and i have no idea what that may be.

anyone have ideas for a signature item for a neutral character?

Bounty Hunters can get their armor I think, if you are into that. :p

Maybe a special droid?

A giant statue made of krayt dragon pearls.(probably not)

Kitsu Takashi wrote:Is a Republic force user who isn't Jedi possible? I don't know how absolute the Jedi monopoly is.

Can you tell yet that other than playing Republic, I'm really not settled on anything?

Yeah we have a player who is a Republic negotiator and not Jedi I think. Age of Rebellion has a lot of more faction oriented Careers. You could always just be a delegation member.

Or Engineer - Saboteur.

My Republic character is officially just some staffer for the delegation.
Lion Clan • Samurai • Tactician
Status: 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor: Exceptional • Courtship: 2
Carries: Things
Akodo Runno

Postby Kakita Nanami on Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Ide Samai wrote:It could fit your PC to call them DR01D-A and DR01D-B :D

Reminds me of Olenna Tyrell's guards, Erryk and Arryk. She, of course, can't tell them apart as they're identical twins and just calls them Left and Right.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon May 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Akodo Runno wrote:
Kitsu Takashi wrote:Is a Republic force user who isn't Jedi possible? I don't know how absolute the Jedi monopoly is.

Yeah we have a player who is a Republic negotiator and not Jedi I think. Age of Rebellion has a lot of more faction oriented Careers. You could always just be a delegation member.

Or Engineer - Saboteur.

Yeah, I'm going for low key Republic staffer or employee--but can I do that and be Force sensitive? I'm thinking the Jedi aren't keen on Force wielding hedge knights...
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 15, 2017 12:30 pm

The Jedi are also in a state of emergency after the order was purged by Revan 300 years ago... it takes a while to rebuild an Order of that size, and with a war on their hands that threatens everything the Jedi stand for, there is also more need for Jedi Knights.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Akodo Runno on Mon May 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:
Akodo Runno wrote:

Or Engineer - Saboteur.

Yeah, I'm going for low key Republic staffer or employee--but can I do that and be Force sensitive? I'm thinking the Jedi aren't keen on Force wielding hedge knights...

I think Edge and Age of Force Sensitives that are non-Jedi?

Complete side note....anyone else noticed Engineer - Saboteur has an ability that A) Lets them basically take a free move to leave an explosives radius and later lets them bring a friend(which should have been called If You See Me Running....) and B)
Has an ability to exclude targets from a bomb blast by spending Advantage? On the second one I just picture Star War's C4 going off right next to someone screaming as they realize what is happening, only to emerge unscathed as the Engineer walks up. "Don't EVER doubt me again."
Akodo Runno

Postby Matsu Yurio on Mon May 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Well unless you get the advantage to activate Blast . . . explosives are single target weapons.

Just about THE silliest thing in the system.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:
Akodo Runno wrote:

Or Engineer - Saboteur.

Force Emergent from AoR would fit... pick a base class, and then take it. I think that's doable.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Akodo Runno on Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:Well unless you get the advantage to activate Blast . . . explosives are single target weapons.

Oh XD

So spend two? One to turn it on and one to "well know that is on I don't want to injure my friend in the radius"? :lol:
Akodo Runno

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Akodo Runno wrote:
Matsu Yurio wrote:Well unless you get the advantage to activate Blast . . . explosives are single target weapons.

Oh XD

So spend two? One to turn it on and one to "well know that is on I don't want to injure my friend in the radius"? :lol:

And then you succeed with three threats.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Mon May 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:Yeah, I'm going for low key Republic staffer or employee--but can I do that and be Force sensitive? I'm thinking the Jedi aren't keen on Force wielding hedge knights...

There's also the service corps. It's for Jedi who fail the trials to become Jedi knights, or aren't selected as padawan by age 13. That includes those who emerge and join the order late in life, or those who simply choose that path.

The branches are AgriCorps (which my character is in), EduCorps, ExploreCorps, and MediCorps. Their names are fairly self-explanatory. It's honorable service, though they tend to be looked down at as failures and rejects, even though they do most of the Jedi order's work of actually helping people.

Certainly fits for a humble staff type. But if not, the order can't force you to join, especially if you emerge as an adult.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 pm

. . .

I don't think the Service Corps exists yet at this point, since the one you seem to be speaking of was organized from the Ruusan Reformation.

The Service Corps was considered an honorable alternative to serving in the Army of Light or the mainstream Order following the Ruusan Reformation and the defeat of the Dark Lords of the Sith. Organized under the Reassignment Council, the Corps was made up of four branches: the Agricultural Corps, the Medical Corps, the Educational Corps, and the Exploration Corps. Membership in each was voluntary and many ranking members of the Order joined, but if an Initiate had failed the Trials, the Council took care of assigning them based on different skills and requirements.

The system of government did not seem to change too dramatically (as the Republic had been ruled by a Supreme Chancellor and the Galactic Senate as early as 15,000 BBY) but the Jedi Order underwent a significant adjustment. In symbolic measures, largely to convince the Republic that they would not become a conquering army, the Jedi abandoned their battle armor, renounced all military ranks (such as "Jedi Lord"), dissolved their commander-in-chief, disbanded their army, naval and starfighter forces, and placed themselves under the supervision of the Supreme Chancellor and the Judicial Department, effectively dissolving the Military. In order to lessen the chance of a Sith resurgence, the Order began training children from birth. In addition, the training of Padawans was centralized on Coruscant, to remove the danger of unsupervised students delving into forbidden Sith knowledge.

So it seems that at this point in the Republic, it's fully possible to become a Jedi, even if you were discovered at an adult age to be Force Sensitive.

EDIT: Ruusan Reformation is *long* after the TOR-storyline, after the complete fall of the Sith Empire, the emergence of the Brotherhood of Darkness, and during the rise of the Rule of Two-Sith.
Last edited by Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 pm

I was debating about making a brawler, but danged if I haven't realized there's not really an upside. Low damage, bad crit rating, engaged range...

Other than you can take it anywhere without people wanting to take them.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat