The Book of the Hollow Throne aka The Wiki

Re: The Book of the Hollow Throne aka The Wiki

Postby Ide Samai on Sun May 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Hm, I guess I should fill out Genji and Sakura at least...
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun May 14, 2017 3:00 pm

I could be wrong/mis-remembering, or it could be different depending on the host, but hitting up the Wayback Machine was one of the things we did after the creator of That Wiki deleted her content.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun May 14, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm more sad about trying to remember how to format than anything else...

BTW, does anyone have a solution to the problem of trying to be 'at' WC:KA? The ':' in the middle seems to royally ruin that option...
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:I'm more sad about trying to remember how to format than anything else...

BTW, does anyone have a solution to the problem of trying to be 'at' WC:KA? The ':' in the middle seems to royally ruin that option...

[[Category:Winter Court: Kyuden Agasha Characters]] works (I just added it to Kakita Taromitsu). :D

Ide Amaya wrote:I could be wrong/mis-remembering, or it could be different depending on the host, but hitting up the Wayback Machine was one of the things we did after the creator of That Wiki deleted her content.

Checked again... as I remembered, it looks like robots.txt (or something) stopped all but the front page from being indexed.
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ho ... aces.com/*
:cry:
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 pm

>_>

That Ryuuta page . . . uses my words but I did not put it up there . . .
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:>_>

That Ryuuta page . . . uses my words but I did not put it up there . . .

I hope this is okay! Bop me if it is not and I will grovel appropriately. :oops: He was the only MC daimyo with no page and it was making many broken links in other pages so I threw that in as a place-holder.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun May 14, 2017 4:17 pm

<_<

Kitteh allows this with the explanation given. Broken links are as bad as falling into water to Kitteh.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 14, 2017 4:19 pm

*offers catnip toys just in case*

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun May 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Checked again... as I remembered, it looks like robots.txt (or something) stopped all but the front page from being indexed.

Boooooo
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sun May 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:
Kakita Nanami wrote:Additionally, when forwarding a page, please do your best to move the existing categories as well, changing those that're needed (for example, if you marry into another clan, changing the current clan).

I kinda disagree with this?

Unfortunately not a matter of agreeing/disagreeing; MediaWiki is the in the process of ensuring redirects don't appear on category pages as they can cause some issues (and are, for the sake of MediaWiki, effectively redundant). For the sake of future compatibility, they need to be on the page it redirects to.

And for the sake of argument: changing the character name does not change the character; that character was still at the games it was previously at, even if they've since changed their name for whatever reason. If you want to leave previous clan affiliation on the renamed page, I'm fine with that (as I was tossing the coin on whether to manage that) - but I'd argue for current clan affiliation being listed before any others.

Asako Hirase wrote:BTW, does anyone have a solution to the problem of trying to be 'at' WC:KA? The ':' in the middle seems to royally ruin that option...

The fix for this is:
{{At Kyuden Agasha}}

An early version of MediaWiki that I used for the wiki before had issues handling the colon in the template name so I had to work around that bug until it was fixed.

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Checked again... as I remembered, it looks like robots.txt (or something) stopped all but the front page from being indexed.

Most wikis don't allow a lot of bots to crawl them; it places a heavier load on the server at times (I had the version on my previous hosted version of the HT Wiki locked down from bots; they were using up all the server resources at times because of how rapidly they crawl and how inefficient wiki software runs on most Apache servers).
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun May 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Kakita Nanami wrote:
Ide Amaya wrote:
Kakita Nanami wrote:Additionally, when forwarding a page, please do your best to move the existing categories as well, changing those that're needed (for example, if you marry into another clan, changing the current clan).

I kinda disagree with this?

Unfortunately not a matter of agreeing/disagreeing; MediaWiki is the in the process of ensuring redirects don't appear on category pages as they can cause some issues (and are, for the sake of MediaWiki, effectively redundant). For the sake of future compatibility, they need to be on the page it redirects to.

How annoying.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Kakita Nanami wrote:
Asako Hirase wrote:BTW, does anyone have a solution to the problem of trying to be 'at' WC:KA? The ':' in the middle seems to royally ruin that option...

The fix for this is:
{{At Kyuden Agasha}}

An early version of MediaWiki that I used for the wiki before had issues handling the colon in the template name so I had to work around that bug until it was fixed.

Semi-tangential, but I noticed today that {{At Kyuden Agasha}} adds pages to "Category:Winter Court: Kyuden Agasha," whereas all the other {{At ______________}} templates add the page to "Category:_______________ Characters"...

(And as usual, cheers to the site admin! :) )

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sun May 14, 2017 10:33 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Semi-tangential, but I noticed today that {{At Kyuden Agasha}} adds pages to "Category:Winter Court: Kyuden Agasha," whereas all the other {{At ______________}} templates add the page to "Category:_______________ Characters"...

Updated and fixed; forced a rebuild so all the characters using the template should automatically have their categories fixed. I guess I overlooked that at some point when I think I was normalizing all the templates to read better.
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Previous

Return to Out of Character Chat