Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Re: Star Wars: Nar Shaddaa Preview Extravaganza Time

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat May 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Lodging

Players are provided standard lodging by their faction; some characters may have alternate accommodations those will be listed in your private folders. Characters of the Unaligned faction have to pay for lodging or can live on their ship, if they have one, keep in mind most ship accommodations are little more then a closet with a bunk and a footlocker.

Basic lodging for a session is 250 credits, this is little more then a single room with a simple bed and a connection to the Holonet and a small refresher. Moderate Lodging is 400 credits and this is much more comfortable and better security; separate room for the bed, refresher and good furnishings.

For 1000 credits a session you can live in Suite accommodations with two bedrooms, a kitchen, refreshers and luxury accommodations. For a single night the prices are 90 credits for Basic lodging, 125 credits for Moderate lodging and 350 credits for luxury lodging.

Non-droids require three consecutive slots of rest to not be fatigued. Droids require a single time slot to recharge in low power mode. Droid accommodations are cheaper too, 200 credits for a session and 75 credits for a single night.

If one does not get their rest then they suffer a setback dice to all rolls for each day they go without rest.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Sat May 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Ide Samai wrote:Can a holocron be a Signature item?

Are there any ancient Force related shenanigans in the system we can also poke at? :)

Define ancient force related shenanigans because we all kinds of weird Force stuff at Korriban.

A Holocron could be a signature item.

Well.... stuff like that? Artefacts and stuff the Hutt might've gathered, Force spirits waddling about?
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat May 13, 2017 2:57 pm

There will be force thingies and weirdness.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Sat May 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Yay, thorce fingies!
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm going to start slowing down NPC previews. I think I'll have enough to make it to post daily until when the forum opens up. So it's like an Advent Calendar! At least, I like to think of it that way. Anyways, I will present...

Evangeline Ulter

Evangeline.png
Evangeline.png (88.01 KiB) Viewed 3210 times

In terms of criminal undertakings, Evangeline focuses on management of goods trafficked by the Cartels. She is the one who helps settle any Hutt matters that are on the more legal side of things, such as a contract with another Cartel Leader or with a business. The recent war has boosted profits, so much so that she is still willing to deal with the Republic despite the risks.

Though she is known for her "no-nonsense" demeanor in her political dealings, she is still often seen in the stands of Huttball games in her own private booth.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Question: Depending on what I play, I may want my own ship. Though, I plan on joining Mei's crew. Can I have a ship even if it's not physically with me (it's back home while I'm on the job)?
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat May 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Question: Depending on what I play, I may want my own ship. Though, I plan on joining Mei's crew. Can I have a ship even if it's not physically with me (it's back home while I'm on the job)?

Sure if you want to do that.
Moto Khulun

Postby Akodo Runno on Sat May 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Question: Lightsabers are the basic ones in Force & Destiny right, with 5 hardpoints? No extra bits?
Lion Clan • Samurai • Tactician
Status: 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor: Exceptional • Courtship: 2
Carries: Things
Akodo Runno

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat May 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Akodo Runno wrote:Question: Lightsabers are the basic ones in Force & Destiny right, with 5 hardpoints? No extra bits?

Yes, very basic, but if you start with one it is assumed you built it if a Force User and get the free extra mod on your first attachment, the crystal.

Illum quality crystal.

It can also be a double bladed or a shoto as well.
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat May 13, 2017 8:01 pm

So I got a rule book and am puttering around with character ideas. The system is totally new to me, though, so I have a basic question: how good must your attribute and skill level be in order to be "good" at something, like good enough to do it professionally? I don't want to accidentally make the equivalent of a battle maiden with 3k2 to riding and weapons and mistakenly think my 1 skill rank makes me "skilled".
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat May 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Having the Trait at 3 is pretty good. Four means you are really good at the thing.

As for skills, at least with a starting character, 2 or 3. But really your main expenditure of Starting XP should be Attributes as you cannot raise them after character creation without the expenditure of a *lot* of XP.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:So I got a rule book and am puttering around with character ideas. The system is totally new to me, though, so I have a basic question: how good must your attribute and skill level be in order to be "good" at something, like good enough to do it professionally? I don't want to accidentally make the equivalent of a battle maiden with 3k2 to riding and weapons and mistakenly think my 1 skill rank makes me "skilled".

Like Yuki said 3 is plenty and 4 in a stat is really good, skills at 2 to the 3 should get you going and then you may want a few talents to emphasize what you are good at.

I will add as Yuki states you cannot raise stats after character creation without the use of the Dedication talent which is usually towards the bottom of the talent tree. Also your Strain and Wounds do not increase unless you spend points on the proper talents, even if you increase Brawn or Willpower down the line,
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 13, 2017 8:25 pm

I'd say for a new character with this XP buy that you'd want to aim for a 4 in the Trait and 2 ranks, maybe 3, in the skill. That'd make you quite competent in your area of choice. A 3 is certainly good still though.

Also, as a general note: starting to see more Republic interest so that's good! Still like to see the count rise though :3
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat May 13, 2017 8:34 pm

I think the well rounded ring approach from L5R has me a bit spoiled, I can't get myself to be super specialized enough to get 4 in a trait, let alone over 2 in a skill. I suppose I'd rather have 3+1 for 4-5 things than 4+3 for 1-2. The points do really go fast though, even if 175 feels like a lot.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat May 13, 2017 8:35 pm

This brings a question.

"Returning characters are free to reprise and new characters will be built on the standard point total and then add 65 experience points."

Is that 65 considered part of character creation or after (ie can it be spent on Traits)?
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat