The Doctor is IN (Day 1, LM, Open)

The Doctor is IN (Day 1, LM, Open)

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Soshi Taira had only just arrived and unpacked, but it was his practice to make himself known to the local constabulary wherever he went. Accordingly, the gaunt scorpion made his way through the village in the late morning, tall collar rising just above the jawline, unable to hide the slight sheen the heat already elicited. He was not a 'summer' person.

Still, he arrived at the administrative center, looking about for someone who seemed vaguely in charge, or at least, able to take notice that a doctor was available, in case any guests turned ankles or got a little too reckless showing off, or the like.

Or worse, but that was, obviously, left unsaid.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Re: The Doctor is IN (Day 1, LM, Open)

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 pm

There were a few heimin working at small tables, most likely going through the Lion tax histories for the village's new lords. At the arrival of a Scorpion, they set down their brushes and bow low, foreheads nearly touching the tables.
Mindshred

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Outside, Doji Fukawa was finishing her examination of the village. This was the administrative center.....and apparently the only real building in the entire village outside the shrine. No bathhouse, no tea shop, no theater.....just tents. Unsure what to do now, Fukawa loitered outside the center.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 am

Taira nodded, offering a comforting gesture with one hand. He wasn't here to interfere. Instead he offered, quietly, "Sumimasen, I have come to offer my services for the duration of this miai. I am a Magistrate's physician, and wished to inform those in charge that I would be available should any need arise among the guests, or the village."

A bow, not to any individual heimen, but rather to the larger entity of the Unicorn administration center.

"That was all... I do not wish to waste your time. I am certain you are quite busy seeing to the honored guests of the Unicorn."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:16 pm

One of the heimin speaks up. "We will make certain that the Ide lord is aware of your offer, samurai-sama. What name should we give our lord?"
Mindshred

Postby Soshi Taira on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:32 pm

"This one is Soshi Taira, yoriki and physician. Thank you."

Seeing the crane, he stepped lightly aside, so as not to bar her path. He didn't want to cause her any discomfort with her own concerns.

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:23 am

Unless he was secretly a Fortune, it was unlikely he was the cause of her misfortune. However, jumping away from her like she was a plague victim was not behavior that could be ignored.

She responded with a bow.

"Scorpion-san, good morning. Have you had rice today?" she asked in her most pleasant, melodious voice.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:43 pm

"Good morning, Doji-san. I have."

With a deep bow from the waist he greeted her. "I didn't realize I was blocking your way, I hope I have not been too great an inconvenience."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:53 pm

And here we had super-apologetic Scorpion. It truly was fascinating all the masks they had to choose from when seeking your back.

"Of course not, Soshi-san. If there is one thing this miai lacks for, it is not space. I am Doji Fukawa, it is a pleasure to meet you." she offers as introduction.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:03 pm

"Soshi Taira. Magistrate's Physician."

With a faint smile, he added, "I was merely offering my services to our host, should any of the hopefuls accidentally injure themselves in their eagerness, trying to make a good impression."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 am

Fukawa nods.

"That seems like a good idea, Soshi-san." she agrees. "Our hosts certainly seem very fond of the more martial arts. A dojo, an archery range, riding fields, dueling grounds are all in readiness. But not even a simple bath for one to shake the dust of the road."

"Hopefully you'll find your stay here completely uneventful, Soshi-san, but it is well you are ready."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:43 am

"Hai, I attempt to remain so wherever I go. Life has a way of accumulating small maladies which can be cured by, if nothing else, a salve and a good cup of tea."

Taira tucked his hands into his sleeves. "Indeed, there is a certain martial bent, but I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised... they did live on the move for a time. Perhaps they are not yet used to our baths... I imagine they'll be eager to install them once they are."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Actually, that would be an experience for them. I can think of a few whose service is quite extraordinarily relaxing. Do you have a favorite, Soshi-san?" she asked.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Thinking about it for a moment, Taira finally offered, "The baths by the coast, at the outlet of the river of gold... I do not remember the name."

A soft sigh. "They were truly something."

Soshi Taira

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Fukawa nods.

"There is a lot to introduce them to besides baths. While singing and storytelling have survived well among them, there's a wide variety of arts that they have not experienced. Noh theater, origami, flower gardens...they have so much to see." she offers.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Next

Return to The Administrative Center