Moving Out [Day 11, Late Afternoon]

Moving Out [Day 11, Late Afternoon]

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun May 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Arriving at the door of Ide Dabo, at the appointed time was Liu Fei. Who she would become after this... something she had secretly been dreading was finally upon her and yet, it was like on the battlefield. Knowing that it was happening regardless of what she thought or did gave her a sense of clarity. Acceptance. Liu Fei would become whatever woman she needed to be to survive.

But first... there was still something she needed to do. Something she personally needed to attend to before she could allow herself to stop being called, Shinjo Liu Fei.

Announcing her presence she waited for whoever would greet her at the door.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Re: Moving Out [Day 11, Late Afternoon]

Postby Mindshred on Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 pm

The servants usher Liu Fei into Dabo's office, informing her that he had not yet returned from the event and would most likely be a bit late. The offer her some refreshments and bid her to make herself comfortable while she waits.
Mindshred

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun May 07, 2017 11:35 pm

There was nothing to do but wait, grabbing one of the refreshments while she waited. Which reminded her that they had given her some refreshments, so she took another. After a few moments she had nothing in particular she needed to think more about so her mind wandered, yes, once again back to the refreshments offered. Without anyone else to really watch her she decided to snack on a few more.

Needless to say, by the time Dabo would arrive, Fei would most definitely made sure that they were gone.

Hey, they were offered to her, alright?
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ide Dabo on Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 pm

After a short while, Dabo returns. Upon noticing Liu Fei, he smiles and offers her a bow. "My apologies for keeping you waiting, Shinjo-san. Congratulations on the match."
Unicorn Clan • Courtier • Governor

Honor: What is Expected
Glory: 1.0
Ide Dabo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Fei rises, and bows low upon his return, "You are a busy man, I knew that when I asked for your time," she offered, My match is not what I expected, but it is a good match Ide-sama. Isawa Nonin is a good man, I know there are others who could not claim to be as lucky."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ide Dabo on Mon May 08, 2017 7:17 pm

"Then let the respect that you have for him form the foundation for your new life." He approaches and tucks his hands into his sleeves. "There are few marriages that begin with love, but many find some measure of love as the years pass. For those that do not, the company of one's sister can help to ease the awkwardness of one's duty."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Fei smirked, "I did not expect such a suggestion," but shook her head, she didn't share the same interests as her sister. "I am not sure I will ever find this love, I am near certain it does not truly exist, but this marriage will not suffer for it. He suffers no delusions of being the best man for me, or even a romantic husband, and I do not suffer from any delusions of the same."

Fei went to allow a short pause but then added, "There is a question I had that I hoped you would be able to answer for me, Ide-sama."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ide Dabo on Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 pm

"Then you each have common ground to work from," he replies with a reassuring smile. When she asks about a question, he slips his hand from his sleeve and motions for her to speak.

Ide Dabo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 11:12 pm

"I," she shook her head, correcting the word, "we have never had someone marry out of the Unicorn before. Being I am to be among the first there is something that I do not know." Fei gives a pause, choosing the direct approach as her shoulders assume that wide, confident, stance. "Gokiburi, my horse, does my companion and friend stay with me or the Clan?"

The woman shook her head, "That, and a favor. Would you deliver a message to my father, to the rest of the Clan? Let them know how I am thankful for all they have done. All of the training they have given. And tell him, my father, I am sorry. I cannot continue to do as he asked of me."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue May 09, 2017 7:56 pm

The Ide inclines his head. "Of course, Shinjo-san. It shall be done."

He pauses. "Your marriage will not be until the spring. You may take this message back to him yourself, if you wish."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 09, 2017 9:39 pm

"If you would, Ide-sama, it is better the message is not relayed directly from myself," she said, bowing her head. Knowing fully well how what she was asking could seem.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ide Dabo on Wed May 10, 2017 12:37 am

Rather than question further, Dabo simply bows his head again. "I understand. Give the matter no more thought."

Ide Dabo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed May 10, 2017 1:14 am

Fei bowed once again, "Thank you Ide-sama," she paused.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Return to The Administrative Center