GM Questions

Re: GM Questions

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Given that Takeo selected Amaya who subsequently shirked her duty and fled off into the sunset with Hideo, what, if anything, should Takeo do to broach the subject of his wife (and the Otaku's husband) apparently abdicating their duty and fleeing?

I don't suppose there's any chance Dabo has a replacement daughter of roughly marrying age?
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Mindshred on Mon May 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:Given that Takeo selected Amaya who subsequently shirked her duty and fled off into the sunset with Hideo, what, if anything, should Takeo do to broach the subject of his wife (and the Otaku's husband) apparently abdicating their duty and fleeing?

I don't suppose there's any chance Dabo has a replacement daughter of roughly marrying age?

That seems like the sort of thing you can talk him into, if you're willing to wait a few years.
Mindshred

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon May 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Mindshred wrote:
Kitsune Takeo wrote:Given that Takeo selected Amaya who subsequently shirked her duty and fled off into the sunset with Hideo, what, if anything, should Takeo do to broach the subject of his wife (and the Otaku's husband) apparently abdicating their duty and fleeing?

That seems like the sort of thing you can talk him into, if you're willing to wait a few years.

Request for Dabo here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1205
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Mostly out of curiosity, will a list of advantages/disadvantages people earned through the wedding results show up?
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Mindshred on Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:Mostly out of curiosity, will a list of advantages/disadvantages people earned through the wedding results show up?

Likely not.

I wasn't keeping track in any sort of central location; it's just in private forums.
Mindshred

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Tue May 09, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm wondering what level of input we might have (if any) on these characters, in case it affects decisions about reprising. Can we entertain discussion in PFs about our NPC spouses, or will we just be getting a character thumbnail from the GM?

Also wondering whether we'd have time to meet the betrothed before returning home--here, on the way if they accompany, etc.--or if we're just leaving wedding planning to the professionals, now. If I have XP, can my surprise match be blissful?
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue May 09, 2017 8:52 pm

^What he said.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Mindshred on Tue May 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:I'm wondering what level of input we might have (if any) on these characters, in case it affects decisions about reprising. Can we entertain discussion in PFs about our NPC spouses, or will we just be getting a character thumbnail from the GM?

Also wondering whether we'd have time to meet the betrothed before returning home--here, on the way if they accompany, etc.--or if we're just leaving wedding planning to the professionals, now. If I have XP, can my surprise match be blissful?

Your betrothed isn't at the miai, so you'll probably meet them at the wedding (or a few days before). They won't be blissful or bitter.

Beyond that, you have some freedom with regards to the character's personality and history.
Mindshred

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Epilogues this time around?

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Mindshred on Tue May 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Sure, if you want. Just post them to your private forum.

The timeline update will be along... eventually.

After voting for sure.
Mindshred

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 10, 2017 10:00 am

What is the approx. in-game time between this game and the next? It's mostly a question how far into the future epilogues can be. Like after spring batch of marriages, or before that?
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Mindshred on Wed May 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:What is the approx. in-game time between this game and the next? It's mostly a question how far into the future epilogues can be. Like after spring batch of marriages, or before that?

I wouldn't go a whole lot further past spring yet, but I haven't fully decided at the moment.
Mindshred

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed May 10, 2017 7:28 pm

This means the next game we have a chance to play with the same characters we played this game?

Any chance to play KS characters?
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Mindshred on Wed May 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:This means the next game we have a chance to play with the same characters we played this game?

Any chance to play KS characters?

*see above*
Mindshred

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Back on D1 in the oni fight, the Bloodsword was able to deal normal damage to the Oni.

Does this hold true for other Sacred Weapons as well?

Kitsune Takeo

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat