Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:09 pm

"Enlightening experience?" the Hare snickered. "If enlightenment was found in social gatherings, the Crane Clan would be the most enlightened in all of Rokugan, Bayushi-sama."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Enlightening experience?" the Hare snickered. "If enlightenment was found in social gatherings, the Crane Clan would be the most enlightened in all of Rokugan, Bayushi-sama."

Kogo catches a snicker in her chest, but contain herself at the Hare's joke. "You may have a point there Usagi-san. The Crane do seem...committed to their social gatherings. It is their best display ground I suspect."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Ryori and Kyra have found a spot near the edge of the crowd, listening to the annoucement, the lioness not seeming to like the idea of being boxed in.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Iuchi Batul wrote:There was a slight movement of the shoulders of Batul as she relaxed a bit after hearing that she needed not to be constrained, and even a sigh moved out of her. "My brotocol doesn't give me much more than that, actually. But I already feel strange looks because of my bigger eyes, and accent when I sbeak." She smiled as she thought he understood her well.

"You need not worry, Yuuru-san." She winked as she changed to the more informal form. "We all have a service to our clan, from the stable boy to the Chambion." Even a little bit more, Batul's shoulder and her full stance now seemed to relax. "Just follow the virtues of the samurai, and all will be well."

Yuuru nodded and smiled at her wink, "You're a kind soul Batturu-san."

He chuckled slightly, "Sorry... I must've just butchered your name. Bature? Battulu."

He leaned in watched her face closely, "Can you say it again so I can copy how you make that sound."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Isawa Nonin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:"Oh, thank you Isawa Nonin-sama. Very well thank you: I took Almatar for a gallop earlier. We both needed it." She laughed sweetly, there was a slight accent to her words that a scholar might recognise from the language of the Sands.

"You are the first Phoenix I have ever met. I suppose that makes you the first my line has met in 700 years or so... Would you tell me a little of your people perhaps?"

"What would you like to know, Otaku-san? The Phoenix are the clan that speaks to the Kami and promote peace in the Empire, often a difficult task," he said with a slight smile.

"I am fascinating by your horses, they are so large and beautiful."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:35 pm

"Perhaps improper phrasing... Although, when in the company of another, in the midst of conversation, do you not ponder the words to seek a deeper understanding? Do not the exchange of words and thoughts inspire and move us to action? Does one not learn from the engaging of social activities? Enlightening perhaps may be a poor choice of wording, I learned. I continue to learn. Even now, Usagi-san. I keep on learning so that I can have more experiences."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"Perhaps improper phrasing... Although, when in the company of another, in the midst of conversation, do you not ponder the words to seek a deeper understanding? Do not the exchange of words and thoughts inspire and move us to action? Does one not learn from the engaging of social activities? Enlightening perhaps may be a poor choice of wording, I learned. I continue to learn. Even now, Usagi-san. I keep on learning so that I can have more experiences."

Kogo takes a moment to take in his words. She smiles slightly. "You always remind me Bayushi-san that there is more depth to conversation than first meets the eye. True, there is great learning in being with others and learning from them. It is something that cannot be done from books or in a dojo."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Only the Matsu seemed to have a sense of humor. What is the world coming to?! She favoured the Lioness with a smile. "Gatherings like this is indeed the favoured terrain of a Crane courtier... or most courtiers really. Mine is the library, to be honest."

"Ah, yes, there is great learning to be found, no doubt, but one has to take a moment to ponder the deeper understanding, as Bayushi-sama said. And it makes one ponder and wonder what purpose one seeks this deeper understanding and knowledge. Genuine curiosity to be sated, perhaps?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Doji Ameka heads at the Center after arriving in the village proper, privately grateful that she'd managed to make it all the way there in good health, and listens politely to the speech, fan up and trying to be subtle about actually using it as a fan in the warm weather. Once it's finished, she looks around curiously to see who the other participants might be.

[PM if approached, and approach is welcomed.]
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Hotaru was present at the opening ceremony since the beginning, even if she might have been unnoticed at first glance. She was dressed in a formal black haori that complimented the crimson kimono she wore to the event, it featured red accents that decorated the sleeve and the hem of the coat hinted a delicate pattern of branches that could be seen when caught in the red light.

She looked rather enthused back the prospect of dinner, which got her wondering what were they planning to offered exactly? Was it going to be some sort of game bird? Rather barbaric but she understood that the Unicorn probably didn't have too much time to set up their farm production yet. Or maybe, it was going to be something really spicy? Still, not something she liked but the trick was perhaps to dilute with rice and tea. Or maybe it was just going to be a horse's head? Ew, gross!
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:Ryori and Kyra have found a spot near the edge of the crowd, listening to the announcement, the lioness not seeming to like the idea of being boxed in.

Now when hunting in court, one had to know their prey. Those closer to the center lived for the attention, while those who kept to the outside tended towards the more watchful. If one was hunting to display their own prowess, the ones in the center made a tempting, if risky target. The higher one reached, the farther they fell. Hunting around the edges had it's own rewards....and challenges, but it seemed right to the Doji at the moment.

She carefully, and slowly approached the Lion with the warcat, careful not to interpose herself between the two, or otherwise spook the beast.

She offered a polite bow to the pair.

"Good Afternoon, Lion-san." she offers, in her musical voice. " I am Doji Fukawa. Have you had rice today?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Soshi Bantu wrote:And spots a Unicorn maiden who seems to carry herself with some poise and grace and doesn't seem quite as...exotic as the others.

A perfect entry point to ease myself into these waters, Bantu thinks as he approaches the woman and offers a bow of greeting.

"Soshi Bantu, student of the sword and a representative of the Scorpion Clan at this gathering. If it would please you, I would be honored if you could spare a few moments of your afternoon for conversation?"

Yukarin was also looking for an entry point into unknown waters; She certainly did not expect one to walk up to her though.

Giving a blink before smiling brightly she gave the most practiced bow she could, which was pretty good for all its lack of use, "Iuchi Yukarin, student of the Ide school. I can certainly spare some time..."

Yukarin tilted her head a little, "And a curious coincidence as well; Two children of priestly families who do not deal with the kami coming across one another like this."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Khulun was never good with words, listening to them speaking them, or writing them… so the long grandiose speech was kind of lost in a fog of curiosity looking at all the strange new faces. These were not Moto or Unicorn these were people and names she did not know.

She tried her best not to stare or glare… as her face tended to do, but she was failing miserably at the menagerie of samurai. She tapped her armor along the chest, she felt she should look the part.

It gave her confidence.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Only the Matsu seemed to have a sense of humor. What is the world coming to?! She favoured the Lioness with a smile. "Gatherings like this is indeed the favoured terrain of a Crane courtier... or most courtiers really. Mine is the library, to be honest."

"Ah, yes, there is great learning to be found, no doubt, but one has to take a moment to ponder the deeper understanding, as Bayushi-sama said. And it makes one ponder and wonder what purpose one seeks this deeper understanding and knowledge. Genuine curiosity to be sated, perhaps?"

"A question for the philosophers. A librarian?! So then you are familiar with some great works. I am rather partial to the works of Bayushi Sasuke and more recently, Asako Chidori no Miya. Perhaps you are familiar with their fictional tales?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

"Doji-sama, good afternoon, Yes I am well, this one is Shimizu Ryori, and this is my sister, Matsu Kyra, are you enjoying the jospitality of the Ki-Rin?" He returns the bow, just slightly deeper and with a motion Kyra rises and gives a slight bow of her own.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center