[D11 EA Tomoe's] Glomp

Re: [D11 EA Tomoe's] Glomp

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 pm

"Seeing as how his son will marry out, such arrangements are not unheard of," she assured him, looking up at him before placing a small kiss on his cheek.

"I still have it... thinking it would make a nice souvenir from this experience, especially since I did well enough for the judges. If it makes him curious and laugh, I consider that a good thing."

She gave a slight nod in response to his question. "We have a school for our bushi, founded by Reichin-shiryo, as most of those who joined the Hare have been warriors. We have few diplomats... I myself will probably be taking up that duty once I get more experience, and I'm considered to be capable for it. We have even less shugenja, so I'm certain that you'll be very welcomed for your unique talents there. While father is a shugenja too, he's left most of the spiritual traditions to the caretaker of our ancestral shrine, as he did not want for the traditions of the Kitsune to become traditions for the Hare." Tomoe smiled as she spoke of her home and kin. "Which I understand, seeing how important such things are for a clan's identity."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Dong-Ha rewarded her kiss with a sweet smile. "I'm sure he'd appreciate that." Among the Unicorn, the children were usually schooled in which way the small groups deemed necessary. "I'll have even better souvenir." he smirked, planting a soft kiss on her nose. "You."

"Well, we'll have to wait a bit until the marriage, or so I understood? Back when we were riding here... the marriages were simpler occasions. with the couples marries as soon as a the ceremony could be held." Dong-Ha explained. "But I've been told it doesn't quite work like that here." his voice was bit reserved, perhaps betraying the fact that he was a little disappointed by the fact.

"So there is a school? Impressive." Dong-Ha's eyebrows rose ever so slightly. "Reichin-dono must have been quite a man, to manage so much in such a short time. I mean, explains why Emperor would grant him the honor of finding his own clan. You must have many stories of his deeds..." Dong-Ha sounded genuinely impressed. "Oh I'm sure you will serve your clan well, my little fox. With your cunning and your grace." He didn't forget to shower her with compliments either, being in the state of mind that there was nothing better than Tomoe on Rokugan. "So, there aren't many shuganja then? I wonder how I'll fit in..."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 2:19 pm

"Aww, you," she giggled and leaned him to reward him with a kiss too.

"Yes, the marriage will be in the spring. In the Empire, most engagement periods wait until the next spring at least, unless there are some unique circumstances. And with arrangements between clans, it takes some time to finalize everything between the two parties, and time is needed for families to meet, for the bride and groom to prepare themselves for marriage... some take pilgrimages to holy sites and temples to pray for a happy future. I understand that it would be different for people moving around a lot."

Tomoe nervously nibbled her lower lip. "I'm sure you will fit in. And I bet all the children back home would love to hear the stories of the Unicorn, so best be prepared for that," she chuckled. "Maybe we could arrange something for you that would still allow you to travel around? I mean... you said you didn't like being in houses, so... I want to work something out that will make you happy."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 2:27 pm

"No, aww you." He kissed her back as if it was a matter of honor that he got the last kiss. "Uh, we are expect to take a pilgrimage? Where to?" No-one had told the poor young man about that. "Not that I'll mind traveling with you." He grinned. "I'd love to see the Empire with you." Dong-Ha paused, biting his lip. "..dear." to the young man's credit, he blushed only a little.

"Uh... I guess I can try, but I think you know I am not much of a story teller." he sounded uncertain. "I'd love to travel but... I cannot think of anything that's benefit your kin. And well, most of all I'd rather stay close to you, among the people I don't know so well..."

"It's going to be a loooong wait." Dong-Ha leaned a closer, pressing his hips softly on her neck. "It'll be hard to keep my hands off you." He was doing poor job of keeping his hands off her the very moment.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm

"Well, we don't have to, but many do... so we could look at this as a good excuse to travel around a bit, maybe?" she grinned and gently bumped her nose against his. "There's many places in the Empire I'd love to see, and to show you. Maybe we could visit Hotaru-san's temple too?"

"As for the storytelling, I wasn't much of a storyteller either before coming here... I think I still prefer to read about them, and to have facts over embellishements, but I learned a lot listening to your Shinjo cousins telling their stories. Just be prepared for all sorts of questions from them..." Tomoe's eyes looked into his, "it will be good practice for the day you will have your own children asking questions."

His words made her skin flush even more red. "It will be difficult," she said shyly. "Oh, I almost forgot... again. A gift for you... well, it's probably a little late now, since fans are typically exchanged before betrothals are made official, but I wanted you to have it." Tomoe withdrew the fan she had in her obi, carrying the scent of camellia blossoms that she used on herself. As she unfolded it, she showed the writing on the backside that was done in her own hand, to the best of her skills.

On the right side: Ishi-ouji. On the left side: Kogitsune[/i. In the middle, a simple phrase: ][i]There is no road; the road becomes as you travel.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 3:10 pm

"Oh, I would love that." Dong-Ha murmured as he squeezed her closer. "That sounds like a good idea. That pilgrimage. See the Empire, learn to know each other. Visit Hotaru-san. She promised she'd teach me divination you know." He added, planting a soft kiss on her curls. "You know, talking you like this, makes me think that you are the best thing that has happened to me." His voice was brimming with sincerity. "It just feel so natural to talk.. and talk and plan." A happy little sight escaped his lips.

"Uh.. my yes." he coughed softly. "I guess... yes." Now he was blushing. "I will try my best." Dong-Ha nodded. "I don't think I'll ever be as good as you are, though. Maybe you could teach me, if we go on a pilgrimage together?" He of course had his ulterior motives, one of them being that he enjoyed her voice.

Dong-Ha let go of Tomoe to reach for the fan, taking it in his hands and turning it to admire her handwriting. "You didn't need to!" he gasped, excited as a small child. "I'll treasure it." He fluttered his face with her fan as if to see if it still worked. Figuring that that was the case, he moved his hand to flutter her fave if only see her curls dance with the small currents the fans pushed towards her. "Ehehe.." Dong-Ha laughed softly, beaming with happiness. "Thank you."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Tomoe saw no reason to suspect that Hotaru had had any ulterior motives with that offer, and more than anything else, she trusted Dong-Ha to be faithful to her, as she would be to him. "Did she? Well, we have to take her up on that offer then, neh? She thinks highly of you as a friend, so I have to make sure you can keep in touch with the friends you've made here. It's very common in the Empire for friends to stay in touch through letters, but if we get the chance to visit, we should certainly do so."

She pressed her fingers to her lips, giggling as Dong-Ha fluttered the fan at her... seeing him smile so happily, and his laughter, made her feel that this had all been worth it. "I'm glad you like it. And I'll be happy to teach you what I can as we travel around. I imagine father will teach you much more about the kami and the ways of shugenja than I can though... he's stern, but I think you'll get along. Since his shugenja-traditions were closely linked to the elements of earth, I often get the impression he's very much like that element; stoic, very dependable."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Her kiss only spread his smile wider. "I am happy that you are so happy with me little fox." Now it was his turn to rub his nose against hers. "Hai, I'll do my best to learn from him. I will not be a disappointment." the young man added, his tone now more serious. "I will learn to know this land as I will learn to know you."

"Yeah, Isawa Nonin-san and Moshi Akakiko-san left me instructions on how to reach them, in case I figure out something interesting. I guess they can figure out where the Hare live. Your cousin told me that you only have a single holding, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to reach me." he had forgotten about the whole thing until she mentioned letters. "They were curious about our magics." he grasped one of his stones, pulling it free from his sash. "Oh.. gimme your hand." Dong-Ha reached for her hand.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm

"You'll never be a disappointment," she assured him with a firm yet gentle tone. "And together, we will learn much about eachother, of the Empire, and of the Unicorn. Hare lands is not that far away, so we could probably keep in touch with much of your clan and family after the wedding."

Tomoe only remembered the Moshi a little, as they met at the minor clan luncheon, and she never met the Isawa. "I look forward to meeting your friends then. Sounds like we will know people far and wide across the Empire at this rate." She grinned happily, though looked a little puzzled as he asked for her hand. "Of course...?" Her violet eyes looked at him, full of curiousity.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 4:00 pm

"I am sure they would appreciate that. Me too, really. I mean, I know that I'll have to move out eventually, but I'd like to keep in touch with Ji-Min and Min-Jin." Dong-Ha replied, naming his older and younger sister. It seemed like the who family was lacking when it came to names. "I'm sure they'd want to visit us, too. It's all new world for them too. Maybe they could spend a winter with us?" He carefully folded the fan, setting it on a pile of books to his right.

He grasped her hand softly, gently pulling it over the hand that was holding the dark grey stone wrapped in thin copper wire. Grinning, Dong-Ha spoke a single word. "Yammana." As soon as the word has left his lips, the stone began to glow, the soft orange light glowing from the gaps between their fingers. "A blessing. A blessing for a comrade, a warrior, a partner... or uh.. a lover." Sheepish smile crept on his lips. "Sorry, I hope that wasn't too odd. I just wanted... wanted to join us as we sometimes do."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Her eyes widened in surprise as the stone began to glow with a soft light, not one of fear, but of amazement as she for a moment there could feel the power in the magical trinket. "I... didn't know this was a custom for your Family" she looked down at their hands, locked together over the warm light. "A blessing for good fortune for one's beloved?"

"Spending a winter with both our families sound like a wonderful thing. If... if Usagi-dono allows, father and I could come to your lands for the winter? I think we'd manage better adjusting to your lifestyles, than the other way around, as he's accustomed to the outdoors too. I mean, not that I don't think you'd manage living in our home, but... in case your family didn't want to be in a house either..."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 4:29 pm

"For anyone, really. One of the words of creation I know. which translates more or less as a 'blessing'." he explained. "It's a simple spell, meant to encourage and embolden the recipient. The effects fade quickly enough. It's one of the blessings we use to sanctify a marriage..." Dong-Ha dropped his gaze, feeling slightly ashamed. "I wanted to show my... commitment to you, Kogitsune-chan." Finding his courage, he looked up once more. "I hope you don't mind."

"Uh... I'm pretty sure it gets horribly cold here out in the plains and in the wintertime there isn't much you can do, except read, sleep and uh... err ... spend time together." Flushing crimson Dong-Ha's features betrayed the path his thoughts had taken. "It's..um dull. Well, not that that ought to be dull, but umm.." He fidgeted where he sat. "Either way, I think that winder in Hare lands would be better. I'm sure they'll enjoy the idea of walls... when it's cold outside."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 4:38 pm

"No, not at all," her smile was as warm as the light he had made, and she happily pecked his cheek with a small kiss. "It's... romantic." She shyly met his gaze, while her mind was already trying to think of ways to combine as much of his family's traditions into the wedding they would have in the future.

As he seemed more set on spending the winter in Hare lands, Tomoe nodded. "It will be a nice way for everyone to get to know eachother. There might be some visitors too in Shiro Usagi too, for the winter, but since we are a minor clan, rather young, and having recently finished building our castle, I don't expect many there. But since it's such a small court, it will be a great way for your family to meet others too and learn more about the Empire."

"And I'm sure there will be plenty of activities to keep us all occupied too. When the weather is nice, we'll sometimes go hunting in the nearby Shinomen Mori. Err..." she blushed as she realised she was talking a lot again, and getting very ahead of herself. "Sorry. I'm just excited thinking about the future."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 4:55 pm

"Uh... thanks." his dark brown eyes sought hers as he smiled gently. "I'm glad you liked it." Dong-Ha could still feel her lips in his cheek and reached to touch the spot she had chosen. "You are so kind with me." His previous experience had left him somewhat confused on the matter of love. "I never knew it could be like this."

"I'm sure they won't mind others. Neither do I. As long as the others won't mind us." Dong-Ha replied eagerly. "I mean, I'm probably all occupied by you but..." He was all kinds of smitten by the Hare, as much was clearly obvious.

"Oh, no, no need to be. You have no idea how happy I am. I mean, I am sure we'll eventually argue about something at some point, but now I just feel like I cannot be as close to you as I'd want... and you are sitting in my arms.." he huffed, pulling her tightly against himself. "We should do all that, yes. Anything to keep you happy, Kogitsune-chan." The not-so-veiled declaration of love was followed by a rather passionate kiss on her neck with his calloused fingers brushing her hair out of the way.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue May 09, 2017 5:08 pm

"Well, you've been so nice to me... it's only right, no? Besides, I want to be kind to you, because I like you a lot," she admitted with a blush. Still being able to say it so openly now, without worry about them not being able to be together, made her heart flutter with delight. "I will do all I can do be a good wife. Like... we'll probably have our arguments and differences, but such is only natural, neh?"

The sudden passionate caress of her neck took her by surprise, and she felt she had to press her lips together to avoid gasping in response, but there was still a quiet moan she couldn't quite supress. "Ah... Dong-Ha..." It wasn't like she didn't like it, and she found herself moving her head a little to the side to open up more of her neck to him.

"I... I love you."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts