A Lunch For the Future! (D11 EA)

A Lunch For the Future! (D11 EA)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 09, 2017 2:32 am

Having separated from her future husband-to-be so they could both prepare properly, Mizuki quickly puts on some make-up (she loved the mask, no need to worry about make-up) and gets the servants to prepare the lunch.

When she's got things settled, she pets Zip. "I have no idea what I'm doing."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Re: A Lunch For the Future! (D11 EA)

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am

Unbeknown to her, Taichi was thinking much the same thing as he approached his fiance's room. Romance and relationships were two things that he had absolutely no knowledge of. He wanted to make her happy, but had no idea where to start. Add to that the unknown expectations of his new clan and position, and the confidence that he seemed to always carry with him was becoming difficult to maintain.

As he approached the room he checked himself over one more time, making sure everything was perfect. He did his best, but he was clearly a little nervous. He knocked on the door. "Yogo-san? May I come in?"

Wait... Should I be using her first name now?!
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Mizuki is at the door in an instant. "Please come in and sit.... Shinjo-san... Maybe we should use our personal names now?"

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue May 09, 2017 6:37 pm

"Hai... Mizuki-san." He follows her into her room. "I must confess that I am rather under-prepared for... this situation." He smiled wryly. "'How to address and treat one's spouse' was not a topic that came up often on our return trip."

He looked her directly in the face, expression carefully neutral. "Know that I wish to make you happy, and to be of service to both you and my new clan. But I..." His gaze turned down for a moment before he forced himself to look up once again. Sincerity and Honesty were important, even if it meant admitting weakness. "I have no idea what is expected of me - as a husband, or a Scorpion. And I do not want to make a mistake."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 10, 2017 12:57 am

"It's alright. Now, that it is happening, I'm not sure either. This is all new to me."

She smiles warmly when he admits that he's not sure what to do. I got a winner. "I want you to be a good father to our children. I am one of seven and my mom can still have more. So, I'll expect we'll have plenty of children. I'm not sure I will want as many as mother, but 3 or 4 sounds like a good amount. Maybe six. A few extra. The Empire is having some trying times. I'm pretty young, so I won't be nothing but pregnant." You're babbling.

Mizuki takes a drink. "Beyond that, I'm not sure. I want us to get along. Love would be nice, but maybe not preferable since I'm a Yogo. And besides, if that comes, it will come in time. I at least want us to get on well and strive for a common goal."

Mizuki looks down and gathers her courage. This subject needed to be broach right away. Though, she hoped he was not offended. "As for what I mentioned before.... I would not require your faithfulness if you do not require mine. I understand we are both marrying for duty. Our hearts may lie in other places. Of course, if you wish us to be a loyal to each other, I will absolutely be loyal. You will be husband. I want us to have a happy marriage. That is my goal. I want to honor you and make you feel happy that I picked you." Mizuki takes a drink. "If.... If we choose to have a marriage that allows our hearts to roam and you produce bastards, I will treat them as good as society will allow. I may not be able let them into the Clan or take our name, but I will ensure that their life will be better than most in their circumstances. After all, if not for my father, I could have had a terrible life myself." After a moment. "I don't think you'll have to worry about me producing any bastards."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 10, 2017 1:41 am

She was babbling, but that open enthusiasm made it easier for him to relax. "I an the only child of my parents, so I will leave that to you to decide." He smiled at her warmly. "With the two of us watching over them, I'm sure they will turn out fine no matter how many there are."

At the mention of infidelity, his expression suddenly became unreadable. "You can always expect my loyalty and faithfulness , Mizuki-san. Remember that." Her choices are her own, but I don't see why she would need anyone else.

He exhaled lightly, closing his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, he was once again smiling softly. "For now though, I would like to learn more of you, and of our new home. Where will we live? What is it like?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 am

Mizuki simply nods, understanding. "And you will have mine." Part of her is relieved. She didn't like the idea of sharing her husband with other women. Part of her is sadden. She didn't want to hurt Yue.

"We will live in Ryoko Owari. It is one of the largest cities in the Empire. It is a rough city, though I have grown to love it. There is many things to do, both legal and otherwise. Personally, I enjoy the gardens and the theater. Though, I won't spend all of my time there. I - and I hope you will choose to accompany me - plan on doing trade throughout the Empire. In fact, I plan to go the Phoenix lands once we get a chance to settle in."

Mizuki pauses and looks over Taichi, considering. "You will be my husband and a Scorpion. I should tell you my real plans. My lord is one of the few who is legally allowed to sell opium. It is a pain reliever, though it can be taken for pleasure and cause many problems. I have made a deal with the Lion Clan that benefited my lord. I heard rumors of the dead coming back. Not as some sort of Shadowlands abomination. The Lion spoke of honored ancestors in living flesh. They supposedly come from the Phoenix lands. Which is worrisome since there is a portal to Toshigoku in the middle of Kyuden Asako right now. Are these ancestors murder-spirits from the Realm of Slaughter? Are they particularly clever wavemen? We need knowledge so we can protect the Empire from whatever this is. It is the Scorpion way."

She takes a drink. "So, I had an idea. I will also supply individuals and opium dens and use it to get knowledge. Addicts often have loose tongues. I know this probably sounds horribly dishonorable to you, but it's what we do. We sacrifice ourselves for the Emperor. If my information helps the Clan or the Empire, it will be worth it." Mizuki waits to see how he reacts to her plans for the future.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 10, 2017 10:27 am

It was a lot to take in. He was dimly aware of the role that the Scorpion had chosen, but to have it laid out so bluntly was a shock. He was aware of the dangers of addictive substances too, and the fact that would be employed to deliberately ensnare individuals did not sit well with him.

And yet the existence of a potential threat to the empire that he had just returned to worried him greatly. Shinjo had spoken to them of a need for to return - perhaps this was related to that. And then there was the Onyx Champion, and the Darkness he had apparently spoken of. The empire seemed beset on all sides by enemies.

She was right of course. Knowledge of what you faced was the key to winning any battle. But surely there are other ways... His mind whirled. He did not make mistakes. He planned so that such a thing was not possible.

After a long silence he replied - voice quiet, eyes down. "I will need to think on this. The cause is noble."
He raised his head once more, voice returning to a more normal tone. "I would be pleased to travel with you though. Whatever the reason behind the journey."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed May 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Mizuki sense his hesitation. "Of course, you do not need to partake in the more... distasteful parts. As I said, I have the ability to legally trade in it. You can help with that. You would also be able to help introduce the Clans I trade with to Unicorn customs. Or we would be able to find a different posting if you find it all distasteful. I just wanted you to know what a being a Scorpion means. Frankly, I'd rather have my own little sake brand. But I think I help my Clan and the Empire most this way. So, I will make the sacrifice."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 10, 2017 10:10 pm

"I don't think that I would be much use to you in trade. But if your purpose is to gain information, I think it is more useful if I try a different approach."

He paused for a moment. He didn't like to take advantage of others, but he did have one advantage that she could never match. "My clan is a novelty to many, and they are aware that we lack knowledge of things that are common knowledge to all that have grown up here. If I ask questions, they are often answered. The most secret information will of course stay hidden, but it may help you know where to look."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 am

Mizuki nods. "That would help." She smiles. "I will be happy if you just serve as my protector and yojimbo. I don't want you to feel like you have to do anything beyond what you are comfortable with. Though I appreciate the thought. I think we will do good together."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu May 11, 2017 3:49 am

"That I can do. I would like to be of help to you." It wouldn't do for you to be the only one risking something.

He bowed his head slightly "Thank you for your patience. With a little time, I'm sure you will find me a worthy match.There is much that is new to me now, but I will learn."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu May 11, 2017 4:04 am

"I already find you a worthy match. But yeah, the transition will take time. I would be lost of what to do if I had joined the Unicorn." Mizuki gives a comforting smile. "But we'll work through it together."

Yogo Mizuki

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms