Dark Options (D11 Early Aft., Butaj's Yurt, CLOSED)

Re: Dark Options (D11 Early Aft., Butaj's Yurt, CLOSED)

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 pm

He digests that, then nods noncommittally. At the moment he feels his music dead for it has always fed directly on what was in his heart, so it makes it hard for him to relate. The other thing occupies his thoughts though. "I can't stand the thought that she would marry that little shit. That that brat could ever touch her." He clenches his fists and the murderous frown from earlier on returns.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 10:44 am

This was a surprise; Hirase knew nothing of Bataar, much less of any bad blood between the two men. Both of his brows winged upward as the corners of his mouth drew down in a frown.

"I sense some tale that needs known, here. Is it more than the usual disdain your Family has for you?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 am

"I don't know. But that snot couldn't even respect a moment of camaraderie between my brethren. He kept picking on me and it almost came to blows." Butaj closes his eyes, his face contracting violently in despair. "But she chose him. Her good heart may not let her show him his place."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 am

"She had no knowledge of either man who was left when it was her turn and so chose at the Fortune's whim, from what I could tell." This news was worrisome; it seemed Yuki's marriage was all but doomed. "Do not underestimate her, though. Even the gentlest of the Phoenix will show teeth if something we love is threatened. I think if he speaks poorly of you to her, it will go quite badly for him."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 11:58 am

Butaj nods slowly, but words that would otherwise resonate strong in him come off as rain on the yurt, rambling but not soaking in. Everything is relative now, qualitative. There is no more certainty in his life, no signpost he would believe no vicious hand has turned around. Or maybe there is, but he just doesn't see it in the moment of barren gloom. "I will need to meet the witch. To learn more of my enemy. You and I and Yuki will meet in the evening, as planned. I will ride with my love into the steppe, and we will talk there. I will then know what her heart commands her to do."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Hirase nodded, then pushed to his feet. "I will help however you need, of course. I don't know much about horses, but I have learned what makes a comfortable camp. I'll help gather some things for you." Naturally, he knew what would happen in the night; he just didn't care one way or another. "I would council you on the treachery of Scorpion, but you've already discovered it. Be careful, my friend."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 2:21 pm

"I am a quick learner, my friend. Quicker than witches like her could imagine." He frowns, and whatever intent in his eyes, it is not pretty. "You know what may be needed... If you could pack her things into saddlebags... just in case." His gaze changes when it rests on Hirase. For all his confusion, Butaj still relies on the man without second thoughts.

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 2:34 pm

"That I can do." He started cataloging what he'd seen of the interior of her tent, already ordering things in his head. "I'll also see what sort of travel foods I can find on short notice. I've got apples already, but those won't sustain you long-term. I expect you can hunt, but meat alone doesn't make for a happy stomach..."

Nodding to himself, Hirase clapped his hand to Butaj's shoulders.

"I will see that things are ready for a rapid departure, if needed. You just worry about the discussions you will need to have."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 2:46 pm

"Thank you, my friend. I can't tell if I'll be ever able to return the favour but if it turns out I can, I will." He rises and smiles faintly, or rather weakly because it is more mustered than controlled, for the first time this afternoon. "I'd like to see Shinjo Hirase on his steed."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm

"I need to earn the right to one, first..." Hirase smiled, too, and took the other man's shoulders in the way that Butaj had for him the day before. "If you end up a wave man, one way or another, I'll contract you to help teach me...and to teach Ichiro, for that matter. I pray it will not come to that, however, and I will always welcome you to my home, no matter what your name may be."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Butaj cups the man's hands with his, his arms crossed, and as he rises and twists they end up in a double grip of full camaraderie. Standing before Hirase, he nods solemnly. "Your boy dreams of riding. He has a rider's spirit, I can tell this. I promised him to tell you to get him on horseback as soon as possible. Make sure your betrothed helps you arrange it. May he become as good as if he was born a Unicorn."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 3:38 pm

"She has always been generous in teaching, both myself and Ichiro." Hirase sounded well pleased with his future bride, at least. "Neither myself nor my boy are inclined to give up on something we've determined that we want; both of us want to become good riders. When next you see us, there should be at least one more horse in the family paddock."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 3:48 pm

"I am glad." Butaj smiles as he discovers this is very true. He doesn't know if he will ever have children to both love and teach his ways with how things have turned out but as it was with many relationships he tried to help develop he finds no small amount of satisfaction in the thought that something that he has said or done, even a small thing, may help a young boy one day become a better man than he would otherwise be. This is a comforting thought, especially before a meeting he needs every small comfort to buffer his broken heart from faltering in his resolve to face his tormentress. He parts their hands. "My minks and instruments too. For the rest I may return... another time. Now I need to go."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Hirase simply nodded, offering the salute that he'd learned from his first wife with a bit of a grin.

"I'll get to my part of things. Fortunes' aid go with you."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue May 09, 2017 4:08 pm

"The fifth wind guide you, my friend." Butaj stormed out without looking back.

/exit

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts