Merger Agreement [D11 EM, Tomo's yurt, closed]

Re: Merger Agreement [D11 EM, Tomo's yurt, closed]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 2:01 am

Tomonaga noticed the blanket. Or rather, in some spots, the lack of blanket. He let out a slow breath, his eyes hot as they looked at her. A few more bites, and he set his food aside, his mind on other things.

But not while she still ate. "Well, then. Like, I said, take some of mine." Leaning forward, he put his other hand on her opposite knee, now gently holding both of them as his eyes met hers. "It's gonna go great, Rin-chan. You know that feeling you get, right when you're on the edge of a big deal going through, and you just know you've got it? That's how I feel about this." He gave her a warm smile, squeezing both knees again. "Okay?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 2:07 am

Yukarin did... but it also felt different each time, so it was tough to pin down exactly what he meant. She nodded regardless though, getting the general idea.

"Hai, I think so. I mean, your optimism and excitement are very much like that sort of thing... perhaps I'm just a chronic worrier, the sort that is always looking to make sure she won't get grifted and isn't overlooking anything, you know? Nervousness... "

A slight chuckle as she shook her head.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 2:13 am

"Okay. Good." Tomonaga said, smiling. "So, once we're married, now we know that I'll be the optimist, and you'll be the careful one. I'll keep us moving forward, and you can keep us safe, keep me from being taken advantage of. I can be a little too trusting sometimes, you know? So... good." Grinning now, he gave her a firm nod. "That's decided. Glad we got that all figured out ahead of time."

His hands tightened on her knees, less in reassurance, more enjoying the feel of them.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 2:20 am

She nodded; The thought of a gullible merchant wanted to make her smile... but it couldn't overcome all the doubts and troubling thoughts to be more than a slight melancholy thing as she took a bite from the bowl in her hands.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 2:27 am

Tomonaga's lips twisted into a wry smile. If they were going to be married, he'd have to learn how best to cheer her up while she was feeling down. Well, surely that's what this time at the miai was for, right? Figuring that sort of thing out? Or... does she know something I don't?

Again, just a bit of worry flashed in his soft brown eyes, although he kept smiling. "Is there anything specific you're worried about? You could tell me about it. I could make you feel better, I bet."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 2:38 am

"Hm? Mmm... well, I suppose worrying about someone else picking me is out of my control, and slightly unlikely at this point. I'm... more worried about finding a way to go forward without picking Soshi Yuuru-san; I have really fallen for him and he for me, I think. But I can see myself loving you as well, so I have to say someone. And if I get up there and say your name like I expect to be able to..."

She sighed, looking into the tea cup.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 am

That took the wind out of Tomonaga's sails pretty quick. His smile faded instantly Yukarin could feel his hands tense on her knees. "Oh, I uh... I thought..." He swallowed, closing his eyes for a moment.

When they opened, he gave her a wan smile. "Ummm... would it change anything if I told you that I've really fallen for you? I mean, I told you how I feel about you..." He frowned, his forehead creasing. He had, hadn't he? He was pretty sure he had, anyway.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 2:55 am

Another sigh, another wan smile. Her hand, warm from the tea cup, found one of his, "I know; I'm not marrying you for duty alone, silly. It doesn't make leaving some things behind any easier though, you know? I am willingly giving of myself to you, and I know you will do the same for me, but the emotions and memories from this miai will stay with me for some time."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 3:04 am

Her touch calmed him quickly; he let his fingers entwine with hers, and gave her a genuine smile. And her words gave him some encouragement, too.

"Yeah..." He let out a puff of air. "They'll certainly be with me for a while, too. Most good, some bad. I caused more pain than I'd wanted to. Felt some, too, although not much. Optimism helps there, after all."

His smile on her grew less wan, more genuine. "But... I found love, too. For a wonderful young woman named Iuchi Yukarin-san. I'd say that outweighs any number of the negatives, from my perspective."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 3:08 am

A chuckle, "You haven't had to live with me yet; You may come to regret those words..."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 3:13 am

Tomonaga grinned. "The only thing I'm worried about is my arms getting tired. It's a long way to carry you from Unicorn lands to Crab lands, you know."

He leaned a little closer. "Now, are you about done with breakfast?" He said, his eyes growing intense once more, his voice growing rough.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 3:23 am

The change in tone was surprising to her, "Ummmm... I... guess? I mean, I could certainly eat more, but I have nearly finished that bowl..."

It was not in her hand, one still on his own and the other holding chopsticks.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 3:32 am

"Mmmm." Tomonaga reached down with his free hand, moving the bowl out of the way. He slid closer, sliding his hand around her waist, bringing his face close to hers. "Because if you are, I thought I might see about getting you warm again." He said softly, his brown eyes dancing.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue May 09, 2017 3:37 am

Blush red, bowl forgotten, eyes widen; It didn't take much to get what he was saying... even if part of her wanted to argue the fact that he'd been the one who'd been cold.

"Oh. You... have enough energy for... warming me up so early, Tomo-sama?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 3:43 am

"You have no idea." Tomonaga said, his voice almost a growl. He leaned forward, kissing her hungrily.

Breaking the kiss, he gripped her waist with both hands, clearly intending to lift her, his lips curling into a charmingly crooked smile. "In fact, I won't be satisfied until I've warmed you from head to toe. And everything in-between, of course."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts