A Simple Meeting (D8 LM) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: A Simple Meeting (D8 LM) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat May 06, 2017 12:23 am

"Of course we will not trust him," Saksaha half-growls. "We are not idiots."

Well, except maybe Moto-san... Indeed, that Hotaru could think the Unicorn might for one minute entertain such an idea is either pretty insulting... or it's confirmation of Saksaha's suspicion that Hotaru witnessed some or all of the meeting herself and just doesn't want to say so for some reason. Why not, anyway? Because it's dishonorable here for samurai to sneak up on other samurai, or something like that? Maybe Saksaha should just ask outright, but she's on these Scorpions' turf, and apart from Yuichi they've been pretty courteous.

With a mental shrug, she gentles her voice a bit and continues, "Still, Shinjo-no-Kami made an oath that whenever she left us, she would always return. And twenty years ago, after some centuries of silence, it is said that she spoke to our khans in their magic mirrors--so she was then still living, and may yet be. We must just find other ways to investigate this." She tilts her head a little to one side and regards first Hotaru, then Mizuki. "If your Bayushi-no-Kami was said to be alive and in danger, you also would not set this news aside, I guess, no matter from whose lips it came."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat May 06, 2017 1:42 am

Hotaru gave a slow shake of her head. "No, we wouldn't, if that was the case. However, I think the same founder would be disappointed in us if we allowed ourselves to unknowing fall into a trap trying to rescue Him. It's quite an impression the dark ride made, for sure. Even when he's gone, he still manages to have found a way to keep your attention. It's quite a hook and keeps his foot on the door as an option." Which I will assume Moto Khulun-san was affected with and not Moto stubbornness...
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 12:04 am

"We can hardly ignore him, this is true," Saksaha says grimly. "Even if it is only to ask how he rode into our lands so freely. How many other Clans' lands must he have crossed to come here to the far north? How does he know what he claims to know, and what part of it is lies? But do not fear that this means we will deal with him. We will not." She decides to state this once again, as plainly as possible. Her sincere belief in what she says is probably obvious.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 1:40 am

Hotaru smiled sheepishly and held out her hand in an apologetic gesture. "...my deepest apologies, Iuchi-san. You've convinced me of the conviction of your intent, it wasn't my intention to doubt you. I get the feeling that I've been repeating myself. This is hardly my realm of expertise and I wanted to be sure with our message. I have nothing else to say on the matter, thank you very much for sharing what you had on the incident and validating my visions today. You continue to be an asset to your Clan and quite understanding."

With that, she bowed deeply and looked to Mizuki, if she wanted to have another word.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun May 07, 2017 3:18 am

"Thank you for coming. It was enlightening. I hope our Clans can continue this conversation. The Ninth's forces are everywhere, and we need to back each other up. I wish I could aid more directly, but like Bayushi-san, it is out of my expertise. Probably more so than hers." Mizuki gives a respectful bow to the Unicorn.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Saksaha also bows, with something greater than her usual formality. "I give my thanks to both of you, also, for talking with me and not carrying your thoughts home in silence." The Scorpion could easily have left the miai with their suspicions held close, after all, and Saksaha and the other Unicorn would have been none the wiser. "I know I cannot ask you not to speak of this news in your lands, so I will only ask that your people trust mine. We are kin and will not betray our Empire. But if you think your suggestion of aid from your tribe to mine is serious, I will tell my daimyo of this too."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 pm

"It is quite a decision to shoulder upon your return, such complications are not uncommon in the Empire, but I trust you will make the right choice. Thank you for coming, Iuchi-san, and thank you for holding this forum on my behalf, Yogo-sama." She bowed to both women.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue May 09, 2017 12:44 am

Mizuki bows. "Of course. Thank you for coming. I hope this will be a start a strong defense against the dark for both our Clans."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 09, 2017 2:22 am

That sounds enough like a dismissal, so Saksaha nods again and gets to her feet. "Maybe we will meet another time and talk of something happier. Until that time, you will know how to find me."

Iuchi Saksaha

Previous

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms