Sky rockets in flight (Day 10 Early Evening)

Sky rockets in flight (Day 10 Early Evening)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu May 04, 2017 10:53 pm

It had been later in the day when Daisuke had heard of the Party hosted by the lion clan, alongside the whispers that one should bring food and or refreshments, so they evening hours found him out in the fields seeing what pray he could find.

He had already brought down one pheasant, which rested in the sack he carried with him, and was now after another. It wouldn't feed to many but at least it was something.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Re: Sky rockets in flight (Day 10 Early Evening)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 pm

It seems that the Western Fields found themselves to be rather popular tonight, for many reasons. As Ichiro was out on his hunt, Hotaru was laying down on the field to catch the darkening skies as day gave way to dusk, heralding the evening. Mamoru laid right against her and using his mistress's haori for cuddling. The Scorpion shrine maiden just needed somewhere to clear her mind from everything that happened in the last few day and find clarity.

Soon, the stars in the skies began to make themselves more prominent in the night court. She found herself at awe in their beauty. How come she spent so little time appreciating the skies until now? It was like a tapestry of glowing gems...or a map of fates to come. Her inquisitive mind became curious in deciphering what the heavens perhaps laid out in front of her as a message. Just as she got to read the stars, fireflies began to appear overhead in her sights...muddling with her attempts to read the fates as they found themselves blending in with the nightly stars from her point of view.

Hotaru couldn't help but laugh.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 am

The laughter caught the attention of the quiet hunter, who having acquired his second bird was making his was back towards the light of the town. It was habit mostly that made him quiet his steps further as he sought out who might be hiding in the moonlit grass. He never considered she might just belying down half asleep with her dog.

He came across Hotaru as last, surrounded by her namesake, and he couldn't help but smile, like this one could truly appreciate her budding beauty. "You'll make some man very lucky on the morrow Bayushi-sama." He called quietly, not truly wanting to break the stillness. Though the sudden voice might surprise her if she wasn't paying too much attention to her surroundings.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 12:13 pm

"Eh?" Hotaru perked up from her symbolic reverie of watching the fireflies in the sky when Daisuke approached her without her hearing him. Mamoru likely did hear him, though his woofles were suppressed by the kimono sleeve he buried himself in. She looked at him, dumbfounded at first, then a delayed surprise set in for her.

"Oh!" She gasped and quickly sat herself up, as it was impolite to talk to someone while laying down in the grass, although she was sure that the Ichiro probably wouldn't mind. Her hands went up to her eyes as she gave them a quick dab with her fingers before she spoke. "Aha! I suppose I will, thank you very much, Ichiro-san. I hope to! I think I could easily say the same for you, a woman, I mean. You're going to have a pleasant arrangement with a lady from the Unicorn." She babbled in recovery.

Mamoru sniffed the ground and padded over to Daisuke's feet. This human smelled familiar, at least.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Daisuke crouched down, reaching out a hand so the puppy could inspect him further, he did smell familiar, though the dog could probably detect the scent of the game he hunted as well.

The Scorpion's antics were mildly amusing and the Badger couldn't help the amused smile that made it's way on to his features. "Thank you." He offered at last. "I hope that is so."

"And sorry for startling you, just seeing you out here, flying with your fellow fireflies, I couldn't help but think it was a lovely sight."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Mamoru sniffed his hand enthusiastically, picking up a curious array of scents on him. Now it did make him wonder, did this one also have treats or food?

She chuckled ruefully and looked downwards on her lap in contemplation. "That's fine, Ichiro-san. I could use someone to talk to before we move on to the next stage of our lives, albeit separately. Did I blend in so easily with them? Sometimes, I wish I was like a firefly and I could fly where ever I wanted. That's the beauty of them, and they do make the night more mystical and magical. For a moment, I almost confused them for stars."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon May 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Sadly this human wasn't so kind, treats were not something Daisuke regularly kept with him, Mamoru did receive a brief petting though, which might be disappointing.

Heven moved a bit closer leaving Mamoru behind before taking a seat nearby the Scorpion woman. "I'm not one to turn down conversation Bayushi-Sama, especially conversation with someone who has helped me. Was there something in particular you wished to discuss?

"I thought you did, you looked like you might just fly away with them." He paused for a moment his gaze moving towards the night sky. "I can understand the wish to fly though, I used to think about it quite often." When he had been missing his family. "I'd have to agree with you though about their beauty, fireflies are one of my favorite things about this time of year."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am

Despite not being given treats, Mamoru was hardly someone to refuse pets and he gladly took them in lieu of food!

"Ah, well..." Hotaru was hesitant to say much, now that the Badger joined her in the grass "I guess, I was just thinking of how I will live my life tomorrow, and the days after that. It is one thing to know what we might be destined for and another to experience it. Sorry if I'm being vague. The future isn't always so easy."

She turned her attention to watch the fireflies in the air, now that they were no longer blending in with the stars and as they are. "They're a delightful little surprise...I wonder if their presence here is an omen of some sort."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 am

"It's not." He agreed. "Getting even small glimpses of it means you might be more prepared for it then most though." He of course didn't know how much she saw, not for certain at least, but even a little hint could be of help. "You want to know has been worrying me the most though? Mind you it's a bit silly, so if you want to know I'll have to ask you not to laugh."

He followed her gaze looking towards the dots of light dancing before them. "I'm not too well versed in Omens, but they could be. Maybe they are trying to tell you to make the decision that will leave you the most free? Or put the least amount of burden on your heart?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 pm

"Okay..." She said slowly at first with a few small nods, looking serious to show that she wasn't going to be in a joking mood for whatever he wanted to share. "I will not laugh at what you have to say. What has been worrying you to most as of late?"

"I can't say that fireflies have a place in the oracle. If that is the case, I wish they could stop buzzing around to give me a short sign." She said with a rueful shake of her head and sighed. "It seems like they're telling me that there's no actual sign in the future and they're just having fun with the present. Frankly, I could use a break from reading the signs."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 pm

"Well..." He trailed off for a moment, this was more embarrassing then he thought. "I'm to be engaged tomorrow and ive never even kissed a woman. Mind you Ive always thought id share my first kiss with my bethrothed, but it worries me. What if I'm terrible at it?"

There was a small chuckle. "Silly right?"

"Maybe you should take a break then? Let the fire flies dance their dance, let the stars walk their course, and don't worry any more about what they might say. At least for tonight."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 10:17 pm

"Hai, you're indeed right about that." She nodded on the topic of fortune telling. "I think everyone here has heard enough from me, in regards to their fates. What will be, will be, by now."

Hotaru was quick to place a hand to her lips with alert eyes and she muffled back a gasp. "Oh. Oh! Oh, my! You've never kissed anyone before? That's something to be concerned about indeed!" Me neither, but that's beside the point. "I could understand wanting to set the best impression around your betrothed when the time comes and you don't want to spoil the moment." Considering all the other 'moments' that people have already been experiencing?

"I wouldn't think that it was something silly if I was in your position. It's a very scary though and there's probably quite a bit of anxiety involved...But I suppose it would have to depend on how realistic your bride might be. I mean, how do you know if she has kissed someone already?" She said curiously. "I doubt your betrothed would go so far to think ill of you, in the unlikely situation you don't impress her. Both of you only, after all, have the rest of your life to make up for it!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 10, 2017 11:27 pm

"I don't believe she has kissed anyone before..." He trailed off for a moment, he wasn't going to ask if she had either, it seemed rude. "I suppose it's not only the act of kissing itself that I'm worried about either. It's the when as well. Imane-san is a very honorable woman, and if we end up being engaged tomorrow I thought it might be a proper time, not at the ceremony of course, but later. What do you think?" He never considered the fact that the scorpion had never kissed anyone before, as proper as she was, she was still a Scorpion after all. They practiced things like kissing in school didn't they?

It was a moment later when he realized how forward he was being and his cheeks pinked in embarrassment. "I'm sorry Bayushi-san, you don't need to answer that. I was being a bit too forward." He dipped his his head in apology. "You just seemed a lot more well versed then I in things of a romantic nature."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Hotaru was trained as a shugenja and the Soshi she spent time with were rather strict Scorpions. That's not even mentioning her upbringing, too. As the topic continued, but there was a faint blush of uncertainty on her cheeks as she maintained that she was totally experienced at such a thing. "That's absolutely fine! You did say that it was going to be a totally embarrassing topic, but nobody is laughing at least! I can answer most things revolving traditions, and duties involved."

She sighed as she attempted to answer the question with her so-called expertise, "Well...that's a territory I probably can't really answer. Timing, I mean. Such an act would be like holding hands and the like, done in private and between discretionary parties. You'll know when is the right time, there's no set precedence for it. Even when you're married, it doesn't mean just anytime is fine...you can manage that together with your other adult duties...We are a strict society, but I don't think there's a kissing ceremony practiced by any Clan."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 am

"Are you sure?" The moonlight was faint. but he could still make out the slight pink tint to Hotaru's cheeks. Thing only got worse when she mentioned the duties involved, and his mind went directly to one place. His own face gradually grew a bit redder, there was no way he was going to ask her about that.

He nodded and listened for now, it was easier then talking. "I see." He cleared his throat in a effort to hide his embarrassment. "I'll know then?" Daisuke asked, thought he didn't know if it would be that easy. There had been a little voice inside of his head encouraging him to kiss girls for years after all. Of course he knew better then to listen to it, if he did he'd be trying to kiss Hotaru, and well, he didn't really want to do that. Well, mostly didn't want to do that. Perhaps he was looking for the point where both the voices agreed?

"A kissing ceremony?" He asked not lookign for a real asnwer. "That sounds like it'd be embarrassing, people all around waiting to see you kiss, and making sure you are doing it correctly."

Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to The Western Fields