... into the sunset? (Day 11, EE)

... into the sunset? (Day 11, EE)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon May 08, 2017 11:38 pm

In the slanting light of early evening Iuchi Saksaha can be found in the yard of the tent-stables, giving a thorough going-over to a tall, sturdy buckskin mare hitched to one of the posts by the tent entrances. Both mare and rider have a long ride ahead of them tomorrow, after all, and they'll both need to be in good condition.

Dressed in her plainer wool robes and with her hair in one plain braid, Saksaha has a hoof pick tucked in her belt and a currycomb dangles on its rope loop from her wrist, but at the moment she's occupied just petting the mare's nose and speaking to her softly in an indeterminate language.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Re: ... into the sunset? (Day 11, EE)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 12:01 am

He should of done this a bit earlier, but Imane... He fought down the urge to blush, but she had been so soft... His steps faltered for a few moments as he remembered the tender moments they had shared earlier. NO! Bad Daisuke! You aren't some love-struck half-wit!

Shaking his head to clear it, he once again ventured forth on his quest with determination, searching out the woman he thought of as a friend, and who he had considered as a possible wife. Though he had never mentioned that fact our loud. Finding her at the stables seeming to be preparing for a journey he looked at her curiously. "Leaving already Iuchi-san?"
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 09, 2017 2:05 am

"Oh!" Saksaha looks up and around for the source of this greeting, vaguely resembling a startled pony herself. She smiles when she sees it's Daisuke. "Well, good evening, Ichiro-san. Or should I say, 'good evening, cousin'?" Her smile widens to a grin. "I congratulate you."

She gives the horse's nose a last pat and wipes her hand on her skirts. "And I am not leaving yet, only making sure Gio is ready for tomorrow." The mare--that must be Gio--snorts and tosses her head as if in agreement.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 2:22 am

"A good evening to you as well, cousin." It seemed odd calling one of her clan that. "And thank you." He really tried to keep the silly smile he felt coming off his face, but he was happy, and it spilled forth despite his efforts. "But congratulations to you as well, I was happy when Togashi-san picked you, he has a most excellent taste in women."

"Ah, I suppose returning home is something you must do as well then. I had though to linger a day or two myself before returning to Badger lands." He hadn't considered this was not her home, but it was obvious not all the Unicorn could live here.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 09, 2017 2:41 am

"Yes, I should carry this news to my mother and father. There is much to do," she says with a nod of confirmation, still looking possibly the most cheerful he's seen her this week. Something of his obvious happiness was probably amplifying her own mood, too. "Togashi-san is a good man, and I like him very much. It is... maybe it is not full spring yet, like I made the song of, but it can be. It is coming."

She brushes an escaped strand of hair behind her ear and asks, "So... did you make one for Otaku-sama, then? A song?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 2:59 am

"That's the truth, I'll be sending a messenger ahead of me though, my lord and my parents will want to know as soon as they can, and the news will reach them much faster like that, I'll be walking back to Badger lands after all." At her words his own smiled spread, it was good to see her in such a fine mood. "That's good, I wish the two of you find a great deal of happiness." He flashed a grin. "And don't forget what I said, if he ever makes you really angry, send me a letter, and I'll drop him in a pit for you."

He flushed a bit as she changed the topic to songs. "I'm working on that, and I did promise her one, I think I'll have it ready soon." He glanced towards Gio. "in the meantime I've made her a comb, and Ive promised her a brush for Almatar." He smiled ruefully. "Though I've never tried my hand at that second one."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 09, 2017 3:59 am

"Oh, a comb! That is very clever." Well, I knew he was a clever Badger! "Not everyone could do this. And she must have liked it very much, since..." Saksaha grins.

"I have Gio's brush here, if you want to look how it is used," she adds, hefting the wood-and-bristle object looped around her wrist.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue May 09, 2017 5:22 am

Well, I thought it would be something she could keep with her, if things turned out differently." He replied shyly. "Fans are a more common sign of affection, but it's not like you can carry your former lovers fan with you after you are married." That would be much too improper. "But yes, she did like it, she was carrying it with her when she made her choice."

At her offer he nodded. "That would be helpful." Though by the looks of it, making it wouldn't be easy.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue May 09, 2017 6:50 pm

"Oh..." Saksaha's eyes go a bit dreamy at the intelligence that Imane was actually carrying his comb when she picked him. She is only seventeen, after all. "How like the end of a tale!"

"Anyway, here." Saksaha flips her wrist out of the strap and hands it to him. It's fairly simple-looking and a bit old, though carved on the back with a simple scroll pattern. The tricky part of making one would probably be setting all the little bristles in place. It's basically like a hairbrush for a person, just... well, bigger. "That one was my brother's, but he gave it to me for Gio when his father-in-law made him a better one." She rubs her horse's shiny, well-brushed shoulder. "It is good enough for us, though. And I am sure whatever you make will be good enough for Otaku-sama's horse."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 10, 2017 1:50 am

That caused him to blush a little, he hadn't thought of it like that. "I don't know if it's that much like a tale." He paused a moment hesitating. But... I did get my fortune read by Bayushi Hotaru, I asked how good of a match Imane might make. It was a very good reading, She said we were fire and thunder, that we would do great things together."

He accepted the brush and began to look it over carefully, it was in interesting, and the handle would be easy enough to make. The bristles though, they were a puzzle. "I'll have to ask how to attach the bristles, but I think I can manage." He turned towards Saksaha, and flashed a smile. "I'd offer to make one for you as well, but you'll be long gone before I finish."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 10, 2017 2:00 am

"Bayushi-san is a real seeress," Saksaha affirms, raising her eyebrows. "I do not mean just in this--I know her power of sight from other matters. She was a good one to ask for this divination."

She watches Daisuke examine the brush, one small hand still idly petting the mare's neck and combing through her mane. "I do not know how to do this with the bristles either, but as you are so clever with this work I think it will not be hard for you to learn," she says, smiling. Then she giggles. "It is a kind thought Ichiro-san, but maybe you should not offer another girl the same bride-present you will make for your future wife anyway!"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 10, 2017 2:15 am

"Its not something I usually I do, but I just wanted to know. I suppose I was a little bit nervous." Saksaha reaffirming things did help though. "On the subject of Bayushi-san though, u admit I'm a bit worried. I'm not sure her chosen husband will treat her well." The anger he had shown earlier hinted at that.

"Perhaps." He examined the brush for a few more minutes before handing it back. "You are likely right." He replied with a chuckle. "I admit I wasn't thinking of this as a bride-present though. Wood really isn't my material of choice, stone is. I'm a scuplter at heart, and I was thinking of making something much more beautiful for her."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm

"Really, stone also?" Saksaha asks, impressed. Stone is one of her preferred materials for charms and amulets, but it's also one she considers more challenging than wood. "What would you make, then?"

She sighs. "I saw who Bayushi-san chose also. I am still surprised--everyone knows his parentage is not good. And I knew another liked him, but perhaps Bayushi-san did not know this." Also, it turns out that liked is kind of an understatement. She shakes her head. "Though I hear he has a good heart, that one was born from Desire, and maybe it will always shape his character. But Bayushi-san is a priestess, so maybe she will have good influences on him."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed May 10, 2017 9:33 pm

"Yes, I mostly use wood for practice, to refine what I'm doing, it's a lot more forgiving." At least he thought so. "That I haven't quite decided. I'd like it to be something she could carry with her, for when we are not together. Perhaps a charm of some sort."

"I was surprised myself, though Imane seems to like him, I can't say I care much for him myself, he seems to fall in and out of lust." He would not call it love. "As easy as the winds change. It was Tonbo-sama at the beginning of the miai, and she seemed to care for him still when I talked to her last, even with the rumors of him bedding his cousin. It seemed he and Asak-san pledged themselves to another at the song contest, or so he told me, but I think that was desire again, as she is a beautiful women."

"I do hope she changes him, Bayushi-san is a woman with a kind heart, and deserves a man who will treat her with respect. But I sense Moto-san will take her to bed only when he can't contain his lust, and spend all his time chasing others. Much like how we talked about in the rain." It was his turn to sigh. "Maybe I should offer to drop him in a pit if he hurts her." that might of been a attempt at bringing some levity to the conversation.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 am

Saksaha snorts, suitably amused in a wry sort of way. "If all that is told of the Scorpion is true, maybe Bayushi-san's family also have their own pits to drop him in, but it does no harm to offer. I hope that one knows better than to shame our Clan by doing any harm, though. If your kumis is spoiled, don't weep and poison yourself; just start a new batch. This is something most Moto know." Half-breeds too? We can only hope. She gives Daisuke a lopsided smile. "Maybe it is not so bad after all for us to wait and be chosen. We know the ones who asked for us wanted us."

Iuchi Saksaha

Next

Return to The Stables