A Few Words Before We Go (D11, EA, Ameka's Yurt)

Re: A Few Words Before We Go (D11, EA, Ameka's Yurt)

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 9:30 pm

He nods in agreement. "The hope that I would be fortunate enough to find someone understanding, that is why I showed restraint throughout the miai. I imagine you've already noticed that I can be a bit forward and unrestrained. But I wished to keep a cool head and do nothing more than make friends until things all played out. With all the sadness that happened at the ceremony, I am glad that I conducted myself that way. And I think those I met were glad for it too. Even though we never got to speak with each other, it seems that we've got a similar mindset on many things even if we came from two different worlds. And then fate gave us this opportunity to build something strong, beautiful and lasting."

As if to illustrate the point of his normally far more unrestrained outlook he lifted her hands to his lips.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 10:06 pm

"Hai... I am, too, and with that we both have friends with few hard feelings and this. In all honesty, I felt a bit bad for whatever husband I chose, with my circumstances. Your understanding has given me hope, and that means more to me that you know." She watched him lift her hands to his lips with a blush. In truth, she had considered doing the same, and the echo of her intent emboldened her. Besides... they were going to get married, so the need for restraint, barring certain things, was minimized at this point. With that in mind, once their hands lowered, she leaned forward and brushed her lips lightly against his before sitting back, much more red, with a smile. "Here's to a happy future."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 10:25 pm

When her lips touched his he felt his heart rate pick up. It wasn't his first kiss, but he didn't have many and this was the first with his wife. It was a beautiful moment to him and he blushed a bit. "Thank you."

After a moment of simply looking at her, he smiled more widely. "The rumors of Crane beauty really were quite true. I can say with certainty that in that regard I am quite fortunate. The fact that you also make sweets is a boon for me as well. I feel like I'm going to really have to work to be worthy of your gifts. And I look forward to putting in the effort.”

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 10:41 pm

"You are quite handsome yourself..." She blushed and dipped her head at that, though her smile was very bright. She squeezed the hands she still held between her small ones... at least until her eyes went wide like she remembered something as she listened to him. She took her hands away (only briefly) to sort through her pouch and brings out a small piece of candy shaped like two birds holding a flower. "Oh, I just realized, since this is the first time we've met, I haven't given you one yet, have I?" She looks at it, her free hand finding one of his again. "I made this for whoever I married to celebrate."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 10:44 pm

"I see," he says, looking down at the candy, taking it and looking it over to appreciate the artistry first. "Perhaps we should share it then? We'll be sharing a great deal from here on out and we may as well start getting used to it."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 10:58 pm

She smiles and nods. "We should." She took the piece in both hands and carefully separated it, handing one half to him. "I would suggest a different method, but I suspect that would just end up more awkward in terms of figuring out positioning." She reconsidered the phrasing of that as soon as the sentence was out of her mouth, but... well, not everything she said could be a winner.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 11:06 pm

He takes the candy and holds it at his side for a moment. "We don't really need it to be in the way for that," he replies with a chuckle. Leaning in, he kisses her gently but definitely more fully than the simple brush of lips from a short while ago. After a bit he pulls back with a warm smile looking into her eyes. "But if in the future you wish to figure out the logistics of that we can do so. We'll have plenty of time to practice, have it be awkward, and laugh together until we get it right."

He then lifts the little bird to his mouth and eats it, enjoying the flavor.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Ameka leans in a little, making it more firm than perhaps he initially intended as she gets a little lost in it before they pull away from one another again. She didn't mind making up for a little lost time. She meets his eyes in return with a warm expression, feeling rather light. "Nothing wrong with a little awkwardness," she agrees with a soft chuckle and eats her own piece.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 pm

"It's delicious. I look forward to more treats. Thou you need to promise not to let me get fat." Laughing a bit at that, he reaches over and pulls her up into his lap. "It's quite liberating to not have the miai looming over us. It was a bit stifling in all honesty. For the Unicorn, that was more restrictive than the way things are usually done as you may have guessed by the rumors."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 pm

"I promise," she says almost solemnly, but it's broken as she laughs a little and hooks her arms around his neck as he pulls her into his arms. "So I've heard, and I've gotten the impression. I've noticed some of your brethren seem more open in their behavior than I'm used to. IT's been rather refreshing." She snuggles in a bit and grins. "I'm certainly not complaining at the moment."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 11:51 pm

"I know I'm enjoying it," he replies arms wrapping around her waist. "I just wish that many of them had the resolve to wait a week so as to not end up with broken hearts. Fortunately, mine now has the ability to swell with happiness and hope. And it's also fortunate that I can fully open up to my wife to be."

He begins running his fingers through her hair. "So what all different hobbies do yo practice."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 am

She sighs and shakes her head. "I feel for them..." Moto-san... "... but I do appreciate your approach a great deal," she said with a great deal of warmth. When he started running his fingers through her hair, she closes her eyes at the sensation. "I enjoy ikebana, sculpture, and tea ceremony in addition to my main art. I just like working with my hands, I think. You can just lose yourself in the work as you try to get things just right. It's fun to combine them, too."

She opens her eyes and looks at him. "And yourself?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am

"I can tell you like working with your hands," he says with a nod, smiling and apparently fine with the condition of hers.

"I enjoy hunting and riding mostly. But since coming here I've had talks with a few priests about the kami and fortunes and have taken to theology as an area of interest. I'll likely study it more in-depth with time. Understanding the heavens and our place in connection to them... I find that intriguing."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue May 09, 2017 12:29 am

She leans forward enough to reach up and run her fingers through his hair as well, which also resulted in her leaning her chin gently on his shoulder. "Since your intention is to travel and explore, you'll have quite a few opportunities for that... We could make a point of visiting many temples and pilgrimage sites along the way."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue May 09, 2017 12:35 am

"That would be nice I think. Get the chance to see the shrines and temples, speak with monks and priests... I think I'd enjoy that. Maybe we could try to collect souvenirs from temples devoted to Benten-no-kami."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts