[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:Startled, Dong-Ha turned to face the small Scorpion. "Hotaru-san. Good morning." he bowed in return. "I don't think I have had the honor." Uhh dog. The young mystic was astute as ever.. "Uh... well done with the training." After all, only the best had been allowed to keep the dogs they had been entrusted with. "And congratulations. Moto-san is... exceptional person."
Beaty and Butaj

Hotaru could catch the slight loss for words at her shown prize, Mamoru that is. She giggled it off and gently put her protector on the ground so that he could roam around her. "Thank you! I didn't know that I actually had a knack with animals! I was a little cautious at first, but Mamoru-kun proved himself to be a very local companion!" She said with all smile.

On the topic of her chosen spouse, she merely gave a single nod and smile. Just as the topic of him was brought up, it faded away just as easily when she didn't give the topic further legs to stand on.

She maintained her good spirits even after Tomoe inevitably selected Dong-Ha as her match, a pairing that endured through the other selections as well. She cued a gasp of surprise and a small bit of content laughter. "Oh my!...It seems Usagi Tomoe-san chose you after all! Congratulations, to the both of you. You're going to be very happy together, I know it!"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon May 08, 2017 10:17 pm

His eye twitched at her word but otherwise he kept his stalwart appearance.

"What I wanted was a Unicorn bride," he replied plainly. "I am getting that in the form of Shinjo Eiko."

He clearly was bottling up all the pain and anger he was currently feeling.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 08, 2017 10:23 pm

"Yet friendships can still endure," she murmured, looking up at the sky for a moment.

"Soshi-san is a good friend of mine. She will be in good hands, I assure you. I'm sure he would not mind speaking with you, seeing as your clans are friends and allies."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Fei noticed the hesitation, but wasn't quite sure where to apply the pressure to find it's source, "That sounds reasonable, it allows for both of our talents to go without waste. However, details such as those can be left for later. As it remains unclear where your lord would have me serve outside of the time where there is a need for warriors to go to war."

"I fear that times of war are far more common than those of peace, Shinjo-san," he said sadly. "I would hope than when you were not needed to serve in battle you might help me to learn more and teach others about the Unicorn so that their thread can be rewoven into the tapestry of Empire."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Mon May 08, 2017 10:28 pm

"Domo arigato, Monkhbaatar-san. I wish you nothing but happiness." With that, and a small but friendly bow, she moved on, leaving him to attend his betrothed.

She gave small smiles to Matsu Kogo, and to her cousin Usagi Tomoe, sure they would find happiness with their matches as well.

And so it was, this Hare was left unchosen. She swallowed sandpaper in her throat, and she discreetly wiped a tear from her eye. She took a breath, and stood firm for a moment.

Much was gained, and just as much was lost here this morning.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods to him, glad that he is happy, even if it makes less likely they will see each other again. "I am glad that the Fortunes brought you...a positive choice. I will be saddened that we will not see each other more, but at least this time has been had."

She thinks for a moment and then says. "Unless you return to your family for a visit. Then perhaps, we will go hunting in truth."

I still keep thinking I will return home. But I have made my choices....Still, it is odd to think of. I will be leaving my home in truth after this spring. As she ponders this, a small part of her heart lightens and sinks. Still, it is better than what was. The smile she turns on Kemuri has a trace of her good humor in it.

"We will definitely go hunting." he promised. "Often."

She smiles at his optimism, unsure of her own in the moment. "I will hold you to that Kemuri-san. And to your providing that hat for Noburu. You would not wish to interfere with her career, would you?" She says with a small laugh.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon May 08, 2017 10:36 pm

He turned his eyes to her.

"I have not forgotten the status of our clans," he stated coldly, his voice trailing into an unspoken 'but he probably did'.

"I will continue speaking with you Tomor-san. I keep my promises," he turned back to stare at nothing at all.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 pm

After speaking with the Phoenix, Moto Baatar saw Tsukimi standing all by herself.

For a moment, the young Unicorn was stricken by how forlorn she looked. Baatar remembered how eager she had been, as they looked over her maps and she talked of her dreams of seeing the sea. How sad she looks, he thought to himself.

But then Baatar remembered his duty and turned resolutely to head toward the exit, where his new wife (Yuki, was it?) had gone.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon May 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:"Domo arigato, Monkhbaatar-san. I wish you nothing but happiness." With that, and a small but friendly bow, she moved on, leaving him to attend his betrothed.

She gave small smiles to Matsu Kogo, and to her cousin Usagi Tomoe, sure they would find happiness with their matches as well.

And so it was, this Hare was left unchosen. She swallowed sandpaper in her throat, and she discreetly wiped a tear from her eye. She took a breath, and stood firm for a moment.

Much was gained, and just as much was lost here this morning.

Kogo bows to the Usagi, wishing she had appropriate words to say prior to her departure. "If you wish, I would hear more of your adventures as well, if you would wish to correspond." It is a small thing, but she would not lose one who understands her situation.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:He turned his eyes to her.

"I have not forgotten the status of our clans," he stated coldly, his voice trailing into an unspoken 'but he probably did'.

"I will continue speaking with you Tomor-san. I keep my promises," he turned back to stare at nothing at all.

Remember your honor and duty, Nintoku, Tomoe thought as she regarded the much bigger samurai. "Hai."

"You will always be welcome in Shiro Usagi, as an honored friend."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Isawa Nonin wrote:"I fear that times of war are far more common than those of peace, Shinjo-san," he said sadly. "I would hope than when you were not needed to serve in battle you might help me to learn more and teach others about the Unicorn so that their thread can be rewoven into the tapestry of Empire."

Fei nodded to the first, war was certainly one of the lesser parts of what the Unicorn had to learn of the differences between their people, in time. "If I can be of service, I will do what I can Isawa-san, but I am no scholar. I do not know of how much help I can truly be."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Her words seemed to soften him up. "I know," he answered his tone momentarily revealing his state of mind. "I expect you to visit me after this."

"Just don't say you're learning jiujutsu," he warned. "My sister will try to fight you and well..."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 pm

"I'd love to come visit!" she said with a warm friendly smile, then had to remind herself that Matsu-lands would not include the Halls of the Ancestors or the records of the Ikoma.

"Oh, is that so? But your student has already won her first match!"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 10:55 pm

"You have a great heart, Shinjo-san," Nonin says. "I can feel it. Together we will find a tao that we can both walk."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Asakiko just sat on a corner watching the show.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center