The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Kazue wrote:Kazue let out a small laugh at the mention of the Temple of Benten, though blushed a moment later and gave a little apologetic bow of her head. Of course, a monk of the temple of Benten at a miai; it made perfect sense. She was going to be in her element. "Sorry, Suki-san, it's just...a monk of Benten at a miai is just too fitting, I suppose I should have figured."

She thought for a moment about the mention of her travels, giving a small shrug. "Erm, good I suppose. Very long, but interesting to see so much of the Empire. This is.." she paused, looking slightly sheepish, "...well, I haven't been this far from the temple before." she let that statement speak for itself, with all the excitement and weariness the travel likely implied. She was speaking a bit more candidly because it was another monk she was speaking to, she didn't feel like she had to watch her words or meaning as much. If that feeling was true would remain to be seen.

"Have you traveled far from your temple before?"

If Suki was at all offended by the laughter, she didn't show it. In fact, she chuckled a bit herself.

"It is indeed fitting. That's why I am here- to aid the miai's participants in selecting ideal matches. If they'll accept such assistance, of course."

"This is my first time beyond the lands of the Phoenix. When our order heard the newly-returned Unicorn were holding a miai, at least one of us had to attend," again, she smiled. "It is quite a change, coming from the city to here. I can only imagine what its like to go from the temples at Kyuden Seppun to spending your evenings in a tent." Her tone was neutral, in no way suggesting that staying in a tent was a bad thing. It was simply a new and different experience.
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:After a while, a Soshi landed nearby, taking a seat to examine the offerings in this part of the tent.

They had Friendly Traveler here!

Pouring a cup of the sake, he glanced to the Iuchi, and then offered, in a conspiratorial whisper, "This is actually a rather fine vintage, if the label is honest. The Yasuki swear by it."

His bowl, stuffed full of meat, rice, and a rich dark sauce, was doubtless a bit much, but the newness of the experience and flavors kept him from stopping.

"Is it?" the young Unicorn asks in her lightly accented voice. She lifts her own half-empty cup carefully with two small hands whose nails are blunt but clean, and tests the aroma of the sake with more care and attention this time, the beads of her headdress falling across her cheek as she tips her head a little forward. "It's sweet enough, but I am not used to this clear white rice-stuff. How do you know if it is very good?"

Saksaha's own rice is nearly untouched, but the tidy litter of shells, bones, and skewers decorously stashed in the dish provided for this purpose suggests she hasn't been holding back on the more protein-heavy edibles before her.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Her nerves steeled by what she is now convinced was a close brush with death, Sayuri returns to the feast. Now unburdened by Chugo-chan, she feels ready to enjoy herself. And no one is enjoying himself more at the feast than Moto Butaj.

I may never get the chance to behave this improperly again...

Her smile curling wickedly, she seats herself across from the enormous Moto.

"Moto-san, my heart soars to see one so joyful at his return home. Yet flying even higher are the tones of your voice."

She produces her sake cup.

"I must take this as a challenge. Let us reach new heights together."
Phoenix Clan| Shugenja | Small Description

Fine Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan with Asako mon, a monkey named Chugo-chan, who conspicuously lives up to his name

Asako Sayuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo smiles back and says, "I fear it is the cheese. Many of your noble clan cousins sadly do not have the ability to eat in the quantities you do. But its so lovely! It is hard to resist. " She takes a brief deep breath as her belly cramps and covers it with a bow. "I am Matsu Kogo. May I know your name as well, honorable one?"

"Yes, cheese is abundant in the Unicorn, as milk is a readily available food source that moves with us when we move. Luckily for us, it takes wonderful or else I am sure we would have been sick of it long ago. My name is Otaku Chi-Pu, Nikutai for the Shiotome, or better known as Assistant Gunso to the Battle Maidens. Other than our mutual stomach pangs, how are you faring this evening?"

Chi-Pu returns the bow and immediately places a hand to her stomach, pressing in a little.

Kogo smiled. "That makes a great deal of sense. One must use what is most efficient and economical. And if the animals can move with you, that is far better than a field. I am Matsu Kogo, a Beastmaster of the Lion Clans. My Warcat Noburu will be sorry she missed this feast, for it was lovely."

Kogo takes a moment for another deep breath and spies someone drinking tea. " I am doing quite well. It is fascinating to meet people from so many different clans and learn of their different histories and styles of conversing. I have also had the honor of learning more of your people's horses today, which was lovely. Other than these pains, it has been an excellent day."

As she takes one last deep breath, she says, "Do you think some tea might help? My mother always said that hot things were good for digestion. Perhaps it might be of some help to us."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:...

"Oh certainly not! I've many a tale to tell about the many suitors of the Unicorn. And as a cousin both five times removed and seven times, it seems to me like a good idea to insure that all know the tale of Shinjo Akil. A good story can inspire further deeds or remind those of you that have been in the Empire all this time of those heroes you have among you, so we can revel in the similarities." He grins back a bit.

"I'm here as part of the miai as well of course; I look forward to finding out more about the many clans, other then who turns a certain shade of green after they try kumis for the first time."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo smiled. "That makes a great deal of sense. One must use what is most efficient and economical. And if the animals can move with you, that is far better than a field. I am Matsu Kogo, a Beastmaster of the Lion Clans. My Warcat Noburu will be sorry she missed this feast, for it was lovely."

Kogo takes a moment for another deep breath and spies someone drinking tea. " I am doing quite well. It is fascinating to meet people from so many different clans and learn of their different histories and styles of conversing. I have also had the honor of learning more of your people's horses today, which was lovely. Other than these pains, it has been an excellent day."

As she takes one last deep breath, she says, "Do you think some tea might help? My mother always said that hot things were good for digestion. Perhaps it might be of some help to us."

At the mention of horses, Chi-Pu smiles a little brighter.

"I am glad you have learned of our steeds. Should you ever wish to know more, it is a story I am happy to share with others any time."

Nodding at the suggestion for tea, Chi-Pu pushes away the untouched glass of sochu.

"I think tea would be lovely. Now you mentioned something about a Beastmaster and Warcats?" We Unicorn have some who command wardogs into battle, is that similar? And..how big are these warcats? Could one ride them?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:...

The Hare laughed a little. "Kuu--mizu? Ah, perhaps that is what this is?" she held out her cup, showing the remaining contents, which were indeed kumis.

"It's not too bad. Rather unexpected flavour, a little sweet, but not as bad as to turn someone a shade of green," Tomoe chuckled. "Some people are just too delicate and not adventurous enough. I think I might still prefer a good sake or plum-wine, but it is certainly satisfactory. What is it made from? I'm not familiar with this at all."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"If you manage it Mantis-san," she said, though she was certainly feeling a bit more of the alcohol it didn't impede her judgement at all. Yet. Which is to say that her words had the proper levels of disbelief riding in the tone. "Be sure to send me a letter so that I might come see a marvel such as it. With the Unicorn back in Rokugan it should not be hard to find us. You have seen our new home now."

"Hmm, true. Though it's about as far from home as you can get and still be in the Empire. And out of reach of even our mobile farms."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:28 pm

"Ah, it is fermented mare's milk. Quite strong. And to be fair, I think a few of my clan have turned a similar shade after trying some of this delicious fat bug creature." He states, poking a shrimp with the end of the kebab stick. "I did not know Rokugani cuisine was so inventive. It is a delight to try new things."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo smiled. "That makes a great deal of sense. One must use what is most efficient and economical. And if the animals can move with you, that is far better than a field. I am Matsu Kogo, a Beastmaster of the Lion Clans. My Warcat Noburu will be sorry she missed this feast, for it was lovely."

At the mention of horses, Chi-Pu smiles a little brighter.

"I am glad you have learned of our steeds. Should you ever wish to know more, it is a story I am happy to share with others any time."

Nodding at the suggestion for tea, Chi-Pu pushes away the untouched glass of sochu.

"I think tea would be lovely. Now you mentioned something about a Beastmaster and Warcats?" We Unicorn have some who command wardogs into battle, is that similar? And..how big are these warcats? Could one ride them?"

Kogo smiled brighter. "I would gladly learn more, for they are so different from our Rokugani horses. " Kogo straightened slightly and said, "Yes, let us see if we can find some."

Kogo's smile turns fond. "They are not quite big enough to ride, but they are larger than regular big cats of their species. We do command them into battle and they are fierce opponents. My Noburu is a lovely lionness, only 5 years old, but well in her prime and healthy. As I learn more, I will be able to command more of her kind into battle. But for right now, it is just her and I."

Kogo pauses. "Do your members leads packs of dogs? It is not a thing the Matsu have done, but I could see its possibilities. Dogs are a little less....opinionated than cats."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Bayushi Hotaru was present at the dinner, though probably didn't have much time to mingle, as she was kept company by Ide Eun-Yeong and Moto Nergui. She managed to stay on amicable terms with them, from a distance. If anyone truly listened in, they could suspect that Hotaru likely suffered from some sort of strange disease that affected her foot and mouth. Then things turned real sour, more so than sour milk, as the young Scorpion found that she couldn't handle a taste of Unicorn cuisine. The little Scorpion got up, excused herself in quick haste, then disappeared into the night.

At least she didn't suffer from that foot portion of the disease if she managed to get away that quickly.

/exit
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:...

Fermented milk? Sounds a little... icky, but then again, people eat natto!

"Bug...?" she raised an eyebrow, then quickly surprised a laugh with a raised hand. "It's not a bug, Shinjo-san. I... don't think I've encountered any Rokugani who eat bugs!"

"It's called a shrimp. They have soft shells and tiny fins, which are peeled away to prepare them for consumption, and they swim in the ocean. They're crusteceans, same as crabs, lobsters, and crayfish... I guess you didn't encounter much sea-food in your travels?"
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:43 pm

"We found a sea once at least; but mostly there was a great desert. Very little water at all, and just sand and more sand to come by. We of course knew that Crab's existed..." He searches for one of that clan in the room, then shrugs and looks back to Tomoe. "But they were about as mythical to us as a phoenix would be."

A slow blink. "Unless there are a lot of phoenix around now? I hadn't heard there was, but just in case."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:53 pm

"I believe there are some...?" she was certain she had spotted some clothes that had made her think Phoenix, and she cast a glance around. But it was hard to get a solid look in a sea of people moving to and fro.

"Because you mean members of the Phoenix Clan, right?" she chuckled. "I mean... seeing actual phoenices is rather unusual. I think the only recorded event I know about there is the one Shiba-Kami saw in a dream. Seeing actual crabs however, is much easier. They are easy to find and catch along the coast. I remember visiting the coast of the Phoenix Clan once, and catching crabs with the other children with little nets. Of course, we'd release them back in after we had a good look at them... the ones close to land are too small to eat."

"I've never seen a desert before though. So it's just... lots of sand?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Hmm, true. Though it's about as far from home as you can get and still be in the Empire. And out of reach of even our mobile farms."

"I will always have my horse, Gokiburi, if you can still send word with another who has the same I can ride as far as I need to come see one. Just to see the results of an endeavor such as that."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center