[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Raising a brow when he mentioned Student of the Void, her unfamiliarity with it was clear. Still, she decided after feeling it only appropriate to do the same to offer her own introduction albeit a simpler one, "Shinjo Liu Fei, bushi of the Unicorn. I look forward to the chance I will have for learning all of your Clan, your Family, and you Isawa-san."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Ide Samai on Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:He returned the deep bow, then looked at her directly in the eyes, that was unlike him. "So it has, and was worth the wait." He looks around at all the sad faces and broken hearts. "I am a lucky man to have been able to choose a bride like you. Although I do not know you well, considering the short time we had, I am certain that you fit what I would want in a wife in every aspect. I look forward to this lifetime."

Samai smiled back. "Hai... let us see what we can make of this, Aramoro-san." She decided to be just a bit bold. They were to be married after all! "I am sure my parents will be pleased to call you son." She looked out over the crowd. "So much has changed over the last few days, hasn't it?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:Monkhbaatar bowed to her, not really knowing of the game should be played in this instance. So he erred on the side of caution. His first refusal was accompanied by a pleasant smile that suggested he believed the game of refusals was expected.

"I couldn't possibly Ameka-san," he replies, with his normal forthrightness. "I have nothing to offer in return for such a lovely gesture."

And it was true, because he wasn't about to offer her one of the fans he received from Kogo or Tsukimi and didn't have one of his own. That seemed a bit insulting.

"Even if that was necessary, you will have several years to figure something out," she says with an amused smile. "And will undoubtedly be subject to taste testing my experiments with sweets. I'm sure it's more than enough."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:42 pm

"Well, I can say I'm looking forward to the sweets," he replies with a happy grin. "Though if you get me fat, Meushi's going to have a few words with you. But if I accepted your fan you would be without since I don't have one to return. I couldn't do that to my wife to be," he offers in second refusal.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Well, I can say I'm looking forward to the sweets," he replies with a happy grin. "Though if you get me fat, Meushi's going to have a few words with you. But if I accepted your fan you would be without since I don't have one to return. I couldn't do that to my wife to be," he offers in second refusal.

"Well, that's a good start to things," she replies with a grin of her own. "Well, I suppose I can restrain myself a little... maybe." She brought out her own fan, as opposed to the poetry fan she was offering. "Fortunately, I have two. And it seems a bit silly to try to use both at once. Please, take this one."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:51 pm

"Very well, thank you for your thoughtfulness Ameka-san," he felt a bit awkward about not having his poetry fan... but he had misplaced it and had no clue where it is. Maybe he'll find it in his yurt while packing, but it's not exactly something he would want to give anyway. The poem was fine but he definitely did not do so well with the writing part.

"Would you like to watch the remainder of the ceremony with me then speak more privately afterwards?" he asks.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 5:52 pm

"The naginata, which I have seen you carry on occasion, is often favored by the samurai of the Phoenix Clan," he notes. "You using it from horseback is not anything I have seen done among my clan, so you are certain to be in demand to demonstrate such skills. Of course, our horses are not nearly so suitable for combat as your fine mounts." He know he was nattering on a bit, but, well, they had not really met at all before now.

"I thought I saw a momentary question cross you face when I mentioned that I was a Student of the Void, Shinjo-san," he continued. "I am one of the few who is fortunate enough to be able to hear and shape the magic of the fifth ring, that of the Void." He was not boasting, so very unlike most Isawa, just stating a fact.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon May 08, 2017 5:53 pm

There is nothing for Butaj here either, once Yuki is gone. Mindful of no gazes, he storms out.

/exit
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Ameka on Mon May 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Very well, thank you for your thoughtfulness Ameka-san," he felt a bit awkward about not having his poetry fan... but he had misplaced it and had no clue where it is. Maybe he'll find it in his yurt while packing, but it's not exactly something he would want to give anyway. The poem was fine but he definitely did not do so well with the writing part.

"Would you like to watch the remainder of the ceremony with me then speak more privately afterwards?" he asks.

She nods. "Yes... That sounds good." She settled into a position next to him to watch the rest of the ceremony.

Doji Ameka

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki turned to look at the two men and little showed on her cold face.

"I will take Moto Baatar."

Her duty done, Yuki saw no further reason to be here and walked away from the ceremony.

/exit

Moto Baatar was surprised when the woman called his name; wasn't that the same woman Butaj had run to, after Hotaru chose him? He kept his face still as stone as she abruptly fled the room.

The young Unicorn approached the Phoenix delegation with as much decorum as he could manage.

"Uh, pardon me, mister Phoenix?" Baatar said to Asako Hirase, who had been standing next to her. Surely he was a member of his new family? "I'm, uh, super honored to have been chosen by your clan. I'm very sorry to trouble you, but, um... could you please tell me my new wife's name?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon May 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:Kyra sniffs the Kitsu and then pushes her face against his hand. Ryori nods " I, have found many of these tests frustrating Kitsu-sama, more so because the Unicorn seem to be strong and honorable allies for our clan, yet what they consider important does not seem to match our own priorities, based on thier tests."

Takashi almost snorts at what sounds to him like an understatement, but he channels it into a quiet chuckle and several shakes of his head. He keeps his voice mild, not loud enough to carry. "Quite so. Our similarities and differences are more complex than they first appeared. There is more to be learned and even more to be understood about the children of Shinjo," he says, slightly ominously.

From the corner of his eye he spies Nintoku, the man fairly seething with rage. His voice now is that of a courtier: "Shimizu-san, let us speak with Matsu Nintoku-san of this. His insight is always valuable." He makes to lead Ryori and Kyra that way.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 pm

"I have never heard of this element," she stated simply but then offered a muted shrug. "However I am no Shugenja, and I know little about the elements at all, Isawa-san. Just that it was a Shungenja trained in water that helped save the life of my younger sister. Beyond that, your abilities are beyond me."

"If I am allowed to retain my partnership with my horse, Gokiburi, I will certainly be able to make a show of those very skills," she said, letting Nonin catch the inference she doubted she could perform so well on a horse of the make that the Empire was familiar with. "I do, of course, look forward to seeing another practice of the Naginata I am unfamiliar with. Your friend, Shiba Kaizen, had promised to spar with me once but was unable to meet that as a result of that business the other day."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon May 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki steps up. Despite her concerns earlier, she is happy. Watching the heartbreak of those who did get pillow book romances makes her glad she never had one. With a suitor. This is a good start. We will be good together.

"I want to thank Ide-sama and the Unicorn for hold this miai. It was not an easy choice as many of the men here would make fine husbands. Ultimately, one man stood out to me as a man I would be proud to bring home to my family and have bear the Yogo name. That man is Shinjo Taichi."

After the picking, Mizuki goes down to Taichi. She believes she made the right decision. But as they always, believe but verify.

It had taken a while for his name to be called, but he could live with that. One destined to become a great lord as he was had to set an example for others, after all.His wife-to-be was perhaps not his first choice, but he was still satisfied. All that talk of curses and whatnot had been a bit depressing, but he was sure that such things wouldn't affect him.

As she approached he bowed deeply, smiling broadly as he rose. "We meet again, Yogo-sama. And this time as husband- and wife-to-be. I admire your taste and thank you for your selection. I'm sure that the future will be bright for both of us."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon May 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:Moto Baatar was surprised when the woman called his name; wasn't that the same woman Butaj had run to, after Hotaru chose him? He kept his face still as stone as she abruptly fled the room.

The young Unicorn approached the Phoenix delegation with as much decorum as he could manage.

"Uh, pardon me, mister Phoenix?" Baatar said to Asako Hirase, who had been standing next to her. Surely he was a member of his new family? "I'm, uh, super honored to have been chosen by your clan. I'm very sorry to trouble you, but, um... could you please tell me my new wife's name?"

Hirase looked at the young man, surprised. It turned swiftly to neutrality, since he didn't want to shame the man with pity. Poor Bataar was doomed, through no fault of his own.

"Ohayou, Moto-San. I apologize that we had not previously been introduced. " Hirase bowed." I am Asako Hirase. My dear cousin is Asako Yuki. I am certain that the time will come for you to speak once she has had time to recover from... " What excuse had she used?"... the meal she missed this morning."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Isawa Nonin on Mon May 08, 2017 6:22 pm

The Phoenix nodded. "I hope you will be allowed to keep your horse, Shinjo-san. This one is sure that they must be a dear friend to you."

"I expect you will meet Shiba Kaizen-san again," he adds, "I intend to ask that he be assigned as my yojimbo once we return to Phoenix lands." He paused, realizing that he might have just inadvertently slighted his bride. "Not that you are not a skilled warrior, Shinjo-san, but it is tradition for each Isawa schooled shugenja to be guarded by one of the Shiba-trained yojimbo, it is a pact that goes back to the founding of our Clan and a vital part of how our families work together."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center