The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:31 pm

He smiles a bit in thanks. "Ah, well, as long as my duties do not interfere I will have to attend. I am planning to share stories at my campfire each evening, unless the events of one of the families take precedence. Please, invite all you would like, especially those inspired to tell their own tales. There is much history to share between the Unicorn and the Empire."

The last is perhaps spoken loudly enough for anyone eavesdropping to hear, for he wanted to insure others knew about it, more and more.

"Okay. So not above the Imperials. Do minor clans have different types of mons?" He looks at Tomoe's clothing a few seconds then back to the kebab in his hand and then back at her. "Which one is your family, which your school and which your clan? I admit, I don't have them all memorized yet, but two of the ones I see seem very similar to each other."

"Aha, that is an easy one at least," she smiled happily, seeming pleased by the exchange. The fan pointed to the mon over her heart, depicting a stylized leaping Hare.

"This is the mon of the Hare Clan, and the Usagi Family. So far, all the Minor Clans only have one Family, due to much lower numbers than the Great Clans, so the mon of our Family and Clan are the same. So the Usagi Family is the only Family within the Hare Clan... makes it rather easy to remember, neh?" ((Because Usagi is Hare!))

The next mon she pointed to did not look like a Hare at all, but a hand holding a quill. "This on the other hand, is the mon of the Asako Family of the Phoenix. You see, my mother was a Phoenix before her marriage, and it was arranged for me to train with the Asako Loremasters. So I carry this mon on my person to show my respect to those who taught me. It can often be confusing with all these mons, I agree. I thought it would be difficult for us to learn the mon of the Unicorn Families, but it must be even more difficult for you and your kin, having to learn so many more!"

Maybe I should give lessons on heraldry too? Oh my... maybe if time allows?
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"Are you sure? Modern engineering can accomplish some amazing things. I wouldn't be surprised if a Mantis-built ship could be used as a mobile farm."

It was possible she too, had a little to drink.

"I've seen no such thing and I doubt it's existence but.. but.. if it did exist, that would be quite the spectacular sight. A farm on the Ocean, or rolling over hills. Something spectacular it would be to see if utterly senseless to my better sensibilities."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo steps away from the table and moves back a moment, feeling the rumbling of her belly at all the red meat. * I wish Noburu were here. I could have slipped it to her. She would have loved it. And I would not be ill.*

She looks over and sees the noble Unicorn looking green and pale. A sister in similar crisis. She walks carefully over and looks at her, whispering "You too noble unicorn-sama?" and gestures subtly towards her belly.

Chi-Pu looks away from Imane and to Kogo, nodding, her voice hushed

"Yes, it seems...Shrimp...one of your clan offered me do not agree with my stomach. I have had battle wounds that hurt less than this. What upset you if I may ask?"

She smiles to the Lion, but her eyes still show signs of distress.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 pm

"Well, we don't have a lot of room to farm on our islands. So this might just be the solution we'd need. I suppose I could talk to some people back home. See if maybe we shouldn't invest in the idea."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Aha, that is an easy one at least," she smiled happily, seeming pleased by the exchange. The fan pointed to the mon over her heart, depicting a stylized leaping Hare.

"This is the mon of the Hare Clan, and the Usagi Family. So far, all the Minor Clans only have one Family, due to much lower numbers than the Great Clans, so the mon of our Family and Clan are the same. So the Usagi Family is the only Family within the Hare Clan... makes it rather easy to remember, neh?" ((Because Usagi is Hare!))

The next mon she pointed to did not look like a Hare at all, but a hand holding a quill. "This on the other hand, is the mon of the Asako Family of the Phoenix. You see, my mother was a Phoenix before her marriage, and it was arranged for me to train with the Asako Loremasters. So I carry this mon on my person to show my respect to those who taught me. It can often be confusing with all these mons, I agree. I thought it would be difficult for us to learn the mon of the Unicorn Families, but it must be even more difficult for you and your kin, having to learn so many more!"

"Ah, that would explain it, thank you. I suppose for some it can be difficult as there are certainly more to learn. I just don't know how to see them all in order to know. We have some very old stories about the Asako in the Phoenix, so they're a name I remember; keeping what a mon looks like correct is difficult over many centuries, and of course what Doji-Kami showed Shinjo-Kami in the mirror was reversed, so mons were even more difficult." A brief nod and then he takes a bite of the kebab.

"As long as there are fewer mons then breeds of horse, I expect my brethren will learn however, once they know it is important." Chewing a bit, he pauses. "Plus you have the Otaku mon on your list of mons to learn, and that should be quite easy."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Kitsune Kumahime wrote:There's two, "No need to be so modest. A mighty warrior needs to eat plenty to keep her strength up!"

There were millions of curses spurring in Yue's mind.

"Very well," she said, tentatively. The Unicorn woman took the bowl and stared at its contents. "Itadakimasu," she stated, unsure if she needed to repeat it again. She took the smallest portion she could and then smiled. "It is good, Kumahime-dono."

The large Fox beams, "See? I told you. Eat up, eat u-" suddenly, her eyes snap, and she grabs two of a passing dish.

"Oh~ Have you ever tried scallops? They're one of my favorites!" She sets one of the dishes in front of the Unicorn, and the other in front of herself, not taking no for an answer.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo steps away from the table and moves back a moment, feeling the rumbling of her belly at all the red meat. * I wish Noburu were here. I could have slipped it to her. She would have loved it. And I would not be ill.*

She looks over and sees the noble Unicorn looking green and pale. A sister in similar crisis. She walks carefully over and looks at her, whispering "You too noble unicorn-sama?" and gestures subtly towards her belly.

Chi-Pu looks away from Imane and to Kogo, nodding, her voice hushed

"Yes, it seems...Shrimp...one of your clan offered me do not agree with my stomach. I have had battle wounds that hurt less than this. What upset you if I may ask?"

She smiles to the Lion, but her eyes still show signs of distress.

Kogo smiles back and says, "I fear it is the cheese. Many of your noble clan cousins sadly do not have the ability to eat in the quantities you do. But its so lovely! It is hard to resist. " She takes a brief deep breath as her belly cramps and covers it with a bow. "I am Matsu Kogo. May I know your name as well, honorable one?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 pm

"If you manage it Mantis-san," she said, though she was certainly feeling a bit more of the alcohol it didn't impede her judgement at all. Yet. Which is to say that her words had the proper levels of disbelief riding in the tone. "Be sure to send me a letter so that I might come see a marvel such as it. With the Unicorn back in Rokugan it should not be hard to find us. You have seen our new home now."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Doji Fukawa, dressed in her fine blue silk kimono, highlighted with silver lilies, partook of the foodstuffs offered politely, and made small talk about Crane fashion.

(PM if talked to)
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 pm

"Ah, that would explain it, thank you. I suppose for some it can be difficult as there are certainly more to learn. I just don't know how to see them all in order to know. We have some very old stories about the Asako in the Phoenix, so they're a name I remember; keeping what a mon looks like correct is difficult over many centuries, and of course what Doji-Kami showed Shinjo-Kami in the mirror was reversed, so mons were even more difficult." A brief nod and then he takes a bite of the kebab.

"As long as there are fewer mons then breeds of horse, I expect my brethren will learn however, once they know it is important." Chewing a bit, he pauses. "Plus you have the Otaku mon on your list of mons to learn, and that should be quite easy."

"The Otaku mon? Iie, that's not the difficult one, for the Otaku are the Family of the silent Unicorn Thunder," the Usagi said with a proud smile. She knew her history!

"A field of pale purple. It symbolizes Otaku-shiryo's silence... or her purity, I recall reading." She took another sup of her drink, nodding approvingly. "The Moto I know very little about... being a new family and all. Perhaps their story is something you will share with us all in your storytelling sessions, Shinjo-san?"

---

D1 EE. Fluff Heraldry/Intelligence roll to remember Otaku mon. Free Raise for effect because we're such a show-off bunny!: 5d10o10k4 34
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:...

"If one of the Moto do not share it first, certainly! Tonight though I hope to have an audience to hear the tale of one of the heroes present this evening." He looks about the room then points with the kebab toward where Shinjo Akil is sitting. "Shinjo Akil himself is here looking for a wife! Why, speaking of the Otaku, he is lauded as selflessly saving the life of the Otaku daimyo during the Great Ride back to the Empire, taking a blow that might have cleft a mountain in twain and yet lives despite it. Perhaps your Fortune of Heroes was looking out for him!"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Yuuru smiled and listened carefully by the exchange between the Lion and the Unicorn. He was glad it wasn't him having the conversation, but was also pleased he could get a grasp on what their hosts thought.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo smiles back and says, "I fear it is the cheese. Many of your noble clan cousins sadly do not have the ability to eat in the quantities you do. But its so lovely! It is hard to resist. " She takes a brief deep breath as her belly cramps and covers it with a bow. "I am Matsu Kogo. May I know your name as well, honorable one?"

"Yes, cheese is abundant in the Unicorn, as milk is a readily available food source that moves with us when we move. Luckily for us, it takes wonderful or else I am sure we would have been sick of it long ago. My name is Otaku Chi-Pu, Nikutai for the Shiotome, or better known as Assistant Gunso to the Battle Maidens. Other than our mutual stomach pangs, how are you faring this evening?"

Chi-Pu returns the bow and immediately places a hand to her stomach, pressing in a little.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Ryori and Kyra have found a quiet corner of a table, those near have had to listen to discussions about the seven thunders, with highlights on what he knows of Otaku of course. Meanwhile the two split the food on the table, Kyrie getting the red meat, and Ryori much enjoying the fermented milk.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:"If one of the Moto do not share it first, certainly! Tonight though I hope to have an audience to hear the tale of one of the heroes present this evening." He looks about the room then points with the kebab toward where Shinjo Akil is sitting. "Shinjo Akil himself is here looking for a wife! Why, speaking of the Otaku, he is lauded as selflessly saving the life of the Otaku daimyo during the Great Ride back to the Empire, taking a blow that might have cleft a mountain in twain and yet lives despite it. Perhaps your Fortune of Heroes was looking out for him!"

"How very brave!" she agreed enthusiastically. "Reichin-kami must certainly have been watching over him."

"Buuut..." her grin turned playful, "he's hardly the *only* one here looking for a spouse, no? I mean, that is the point of all this, is it not? Or are you perhaps here for another purpose?"

The Hare certainly seemed to be teasing the one-eyed Shinjo. In a friendly manner, of course.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center