Last Call (D11 EE)

Last Call (D11 EE)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 12:14 pm

One last time, at least for a while, Tomonaga stood on the hill he'd met Fei on a number of times before. He had everything he needed. Sake bottle, two cups. No doubt he had an embarrassing story, too, and no doubt he'd end up telling it at some point.

He waited patiently for her to arrive.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Re: Last Call (D11 EE)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Fei arrived, shovel dangling from her side, walking up over toward Tomonaga still in half thought about the outcome. Who she would be... it was, well.. huh. Anyway, the present caught up to her as she stood before Tomonaga again, offering a quick bow.

"You won your girl Tomonaga-san," she said with a wry smile. "Congratulations."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Tomonaga gave the shovel a curious glance, but then shrugged. He returned Fei's bow, and immediately began pouring a cup of sake.

In public, in front of a crowd of onlookers, was one thing. Here, in front of a friend like Fei, was another. As he handed her a full cup, Tomonaga beamed, his whole face lighting up. "Thank you." He said, his tone warm. "I was pretty hopeful going in, or at least I tried to be. I started getting nervous when I saw how things seemed to be going for other people. But then, before I knew it, it was her turn, and she said my name..." He broke off, grinning foolishly, clearly still thrilled by the outcome.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 pm

"Some Samurai made some proper fools of themselves there," she commented, accepting the cup. "I am glad it worked out for you, however, Tomonaga-san. So it is to be Yasuki Yukarin in the future?"

Settling down beside him she kept her own questions light. Just allowing Tomonaga to gush to his hearts content.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 pm

"Mmm, yeah." Tomonaga said, smiling. "Fortunately for me, not only did things work out, but I already have an outlet for any foolishness I might have. I go drinking with Shinjo Liu Fei-san, and tell her embarrassing things about myself." He lifted his cup to her before taking a drink.

"Yasuki Yukarin-san. Yeah. Sounds nice, don't you think?" Again, he can't hide the excitement in his voice. "I just feel really fortunate, I guess. I told you about both my ambitions, and my more personal hopes, to have more than my parents had with each other." He shrugged, grinning. "And it looks like I can have both, with her! I really didn't imagine..." He shook his head again, still grinning.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Fei joined in the gesture, taking a drink, before tilting her cup toward their usual spot. Moving over she sat, settling into place where she was. "Soon you will not even have that," she quipped. "Soon you will have to settle for a woman known as Isawa Liu Fei," she said, finding the change that would one day come to be rather odd to her tongue.

Another drink, "To you, and your future happiness Tomonaga-san. May you raise many little ones. I hope half gain some of your easygoing charm," she toasted and drank the contents of her cup.
Last edited by Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Tomonaga grinned. "And Yukarin-san's kindness. And intelligence." He visibly bit his tongue, stopping himself before he began to gush annoyingly. More than he expected he already had.

His eyebrows went up. "But right, you'll be Isawa Liu Fei." He hesitated a moment. "I... I'm sorry that it wasn't exactly what you hoped for. But perhaps it will be okay? I haven't met your intended, but I've heard nothing against him." He looked at her questioningly.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Fei just smiled and offered up her already empty cup for a refilling when he started gushing a little bit. It amused her, but using it as a means to force him into giving her more alcohol made it even better.

"It is not the match I hoped for, not sure he has the spark I wanted but he is not a bad spouse. Isawa Nonin-san seems committed to making me feel welcome. It could certainly have ended up worse," she shrugged. "A good man," she said, but perhaps not the most interesting one.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 6:17 pm

The ploy, such as it was, worked perfectly. Tomonaga was more than willing to share his good cheer, and poured her a generous helping almost as soon as she moved her cup towards him.

"Huh." He said, his expression thoughtful. He took a drink of his sake. "That... doesn't sound like a bad start, really. I think I mentioned one of the things I really liked about the Unicorn was how committed you seemed to making us feel welcome. So, he's got that, anyway."

He brightened. "And if that's not enough, well, some Golden Carp sake might help to loosen things up a bit, eh?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 pm

"Exactly," she said, drowning her clever smirk behind the rim of her cup. Lowering it again, she wondered, "Will I manage to find your stock up in Phoenix lands? My new husband has already warned me of snow, it appears I need to start thinking of the best ways to keep warm."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Tomonaga's eyebrows went up a little. "Well, your husband knows the area, no doubt. Perhaps he'll have some ideas." He managed to keep a straight face, but the innuendo was totally intended.

He grinned. "And we have some market penetration there. If not, well, I'll just have to take a business trip to Phoenix lands! Just so long and my wife and I can find somewhere to stay..." He trailed off expectantly, his brown eyes glittering.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon May 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Fei raised a brow, showed her smirk, and shook her head as she gave Tomonaga's shoulder a strong shove, albeit avoiding doing it so roughly as to cause him to spill his drink."

"If I have anything to say of it, for purely beneficial reasons on behalf of the Phoenix of course, I will be sure to find some place that will welcome a drinking partner," she shook her head, "I should say, sake merchant, as good as you."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Tomonaga laughed openly, then, as Fei shoved him, managing not to stumble too much from the bushi's push.

"Well, I'd like that." Tomonaga said. "For my part, let me say that you and your husband would be welcome in my home any time. Especially if he likes sake." He smiled. "And besides, you already know Yukarin-san, right? Well enough to be able to tell me that very important bit of information the other day. Thanks again, by the way; it's always nice to have a bit of extra confidence."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 am

"You did not need it Tomonaga-san, but I understand it helps and you are welcome all the same," she said with a smile and another drink. "I know her more through my sister than anything, but we are familiar enough," she added with a smirk that betrayed nothing yet was clearly connected to something that amused her greatly.

"I do not think Isawa Nonin-san is much of a drinker, but perhaps I will be proven wrong? I can only hope so."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue May 09, 2017 1:02 pm

"Oh?" The first part made Tomonaga raise his eyebrows invitingly. "I'm not sure if that smirk of yours makes me want to know more or less."

"Well, hey." Tomonaga said, grinning. "If he's not, I'll make him into one. If Golden Carp doesn't turn him around, nothing will." He sighed, the grin fading just a touch. "I hope he'll be as good a drinking partner as you've been."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Next

Return to The Western Fields