[D11, EA, Expecting] Straight out of left field!

[D11, EA, Expecting] Straight out of left field!

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Hiroji waits in his tent, he still has a flabbergasted expression on his face.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Re: [D11, EA, Expecting] Straight out of left field!

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 1:18 pm

A rapping on one of the Yurt support poles could be heard. "Hiroji-san! You in?" Tomonaga's voice called from outside.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Hiroji awakes from his internal ruminations. And stands to invite Tomonaga in. "Hai, Tomonaga-sama."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Tomonaga stepped inside, squinting a little as his eyes adjusted to the dimmer light. With a glance at the large Kaiu, he remained nearer the door, the yurt seeming a bit crowded in a way his own did not.

"Hey, Hiroji-san. Thought I'd stop by and see how you're doing." He hesitated a moment. "To be honest, I'm not sure whether to offer you congratulations, or condolences... or maybe just well-wishes."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Hiroji sighs, and sits back down. "What I need Tomonaga-san, is a drink and some company."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Tomonaga chuckled. "Well, that's what I'm here for. You can always count on me for that, eh?"

He went through the familiar gesture of pouring sake into two cups, handing one to Hiroji. "So, was that as unexpected to you as it was to me?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Hiroji accepted the cup and took a deep sip. "Yes. I only recall seeing Miexiu once before... In the poetry fan event... This has been a very strange day..."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Tomonaga gave a slow nod. "Yeah... for a lot of people, I gather. Seems like there were a lot of expectations that weren't met by a lot of different people. It's turned out kinda strangely. With the Unicorn being so open, you'd think there wouldn't be so many surprises, but..." He shrugged. "Maybe we're the problem. I don't know."

His brows drew down as Hiroji told him how he'd met his future wife. "Huh. Well, I guess you impressed her." He said doubtfully. "I don't know who she impressed. At least she's pretty? Maybe it'll be a fine match."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Hiroji chuckles. "Yes, I suppose there are worse things than teaching a beautiful woman how to love." He pauses after the joke. "Still, I am slightly conflicted about this... Mostly because of Liu Yue." He sips his sake again.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Sipping his sake, Tomonaga joined Hiroji in chuckling at the little joke. His expression became more serious, though, as he continued.

"Yeah...?" Tomonaga said, his tone a little hesitant. "How are things left between the two of you, then?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Hiroji sighs deeply. "I suppose we are civil. She wished me the best and hoped I and Meixiu would come to love each other." He pauses. "I suppose now I know how she felt when I first professed my love to her."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 2:25 pm

"Hmmm." Tomonaga's lips twisted. "It's always good to be able to see things from a different viewpoint."

He spread his hands. "Well, I'm sorry that things didn't work out as you wanted. Wish I could give you some better words, here. But... I think everything's gonna be okay. It sounds like your future wife is very fond of you, and you and Shinjo-san can still be friends. Maybe that's enough?" Tomonaga shrugged.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Hiroji nodded. "I spoke to Matsu Kogo earlier in the miai. She said I should look for someone who cherishes me as much as I cherish them. I suppose I will... I will be happier with Meixiu, than I would have been with Liu Yue..." He pauses, a pained expression on his face. "I think it will be alright. In time."
He sighs and his expression softens. "But what about you Tomonaga-sama. You will marry Iuchi Yukarin, you are happy with this arrangement?"

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon May 08, 2017 2:44 pm

After a few moments, Tomonaga reached out to clap Hiroji on the shoulder. "You're a good man, Hiroji-san. And a brave one, too. You're gonna be okay in time, I know it."

The question had an immediate and obvious effect on Tomonaga, his features lighting up. He tried to cover it with taking a sip of sake, but couldn't quite manage. "Extremely happy." He said, his voice soft but fervent. "About a week ago, she became my first choice. And then, just a few days ago, it became the only thing I hoped for." He closed his eyes, his cheeks reddening just a touch.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon May 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Hiroji chuckled. "It appears you are blessed by Benten, Tomonaga-sama." He pauses. "I am happy that you are happy. You deserve to be, Tomonaga-sama."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Next

Return to Western Yurts