[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Nonin rushed to Yuki's side. "Shiba-san! Are you alright?"
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun May 07, 2017 11:23 pm

"And now there shall be enmity between us, you Benten-spiting bitch."

Hirase directed only that at the Scorpion before turning to collect his kinswoman. On was a lost thing at this point and so he had no qualms about sinking down beside her, wrapping her in his arms the way he would his son. If he didn't need to be here, he'd have taken her off right then.

"Breathe. Focus only on your Duty for now. Pretend it is a battle, and this is a wound that you must ignore until the final blow is struck."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun May 07, 2017 11:26 pm

When Butaj's name is called, Hitako wonders at the choice. Interesting is the best way to put it, and apparently not the one others wished at. It seemed several would be in less than happy marriages, she figured. Several. When another samurai collapsed, she had to hold tight to her own on, as the woman gave in to her feelings. Trust a Scorpion to ignore Benten's choices.

She also had to wonder at the wisdom of choosing the one a duelist of the skill of Miya Mei-san's choice. That could lead to a tragically short life, if one wasn't careful.

She nods at the Otomo's choice, and hopes that his wife to be will be able to help ward the palace with the strange Words the Unicorn have brought back.

Hmm, the Phoenix seemed content to act together to ignore public face. There would likely be rumors from this!
Last edited by Seppun Hitako on Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Yue winced. I... never knew he could have such fury in him. She looked around, certain that anyone around could get the gist of what he had said. I underestimated him. But knowing how things have gone, I doubt I'll be able to pick him.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Baatar had kept a calm expression all through the ceremony thus far; but he was unable to resist cracking an amused smile as the worthless half-breed Hotaru had chosen immediately ran to another woman instead. He knew it would be better manners to look away from the scene they were making... he knew it... but he couldn't.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun May 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Mizuki just kinda backs off and starts preparing for her choice. She would not fault Butaj for his reaction. Though she wonders if he would think this is some kind of Scorpion trick? That it was some sort of jape that she would apologize just as her kinswoman destroyed his love. Oh well. Life is cruel. That much Mizuki knows.

((PM if you want to approach a very awkward feeling Yogo))
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Yawarakai spun his bracelet one last time and followed in Tenzo's wake once he departed the center. He looked down for only a moment to prepare himself and gather his thoughts. His face lifted and his eyes found the governor. His mouth twisted into it's familiar warm smile, and he spoke.

"Ide-sama, I thank you for hosting this event in the name of your clan and for the Empire. There has been much strife lately, and strife can be brought low by gaining a greater understanding of each other. It can also be lessened by binding ourselves to each other. To create lasting, unquaking, unbreakable bonds which only the heavens could cast asunder. I know that my mind on this had been for many days even when my body was not able to leave my quarters but those days are done and a bright dawn follows. For those gathered here, for our families, and for the Empire.

"To that end," he said, still smiling as his gaze shifted to find one other pair in the audience, "To that end I ask one of your clan to join me. To bind us together. To join our knowledge, our futures, and our fate. I ask Otaku Kitakuhime to join me and bear my name as my wife. To enrich the Scorpion, as we will enrich you in turn. For the betterment of all."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun May 07, 2017 11:31 pm

"Butaj..." She looked at him as he approached. Then looked to Hirase.

"I can't... if I see him now... I can't. If I don't choose someone I will shame the Phoenix. If I see him I won't. Please Hirase-san."

Slowly, painfully, Yuki got to her feet, "Nonin-san, I... hai... just... I have not eaten yet, and it is growing warm, I just felt faint for a moment." She swallowed the lump in her throat. "Thank you... for your concern." Her eyes had already gone red.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 11:31 pm

Hotaru was all smiles and sunshine for appearance's sake even as she made her way down from speaking to the public and the governor. Her smile would only fade once she was done and Misa was up to make her choice known, withdrawing the attention from her. She looked out to Yuki, and then Butaj. No doubt she was probably hated at the moment, and it was an alien sensation to her. However, she did say that there would be sacrifices in this relationship, hers included. She would have to become familiar with that sensation, if she must, and finally grow into a Scorpion.

She allowed Yuki and Butaj to have their moment, playing ignorant. Picking up Mamoru in her arms, watched the remainder of the ceremony at a comfortable spot with a smile back on her lips.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Nonin realizes that something has happened to Yuki but he is lost as what exactly it was, interpersonal skills not being his strength. He offers a water bottle to Yuki and stands ready in case she needs his support.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun May 07, 2017 11:37 pm

"As you will."

Hirase rose and, rather fearlessly under the circumstances, intercepted his irate friend, moving to catch Butaj by the arm.

"Not now...it will break her...she still needs to do what honor demands...let her be strong just a little longer...she knows you will do this..."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun May 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Misa was there, but after her pick she had made her way to the side, sitting on a tatami, a bit meditative about it all. She listened to all that went on, and put it to memory. There was no frown, no sorrow, no surprise. If anything, she smiled faintly. She would remember, and learn.

(ooc - can still be approached however!)
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 11:39 pm

When her eyes open, they instantly lock with Yawarakai's gaze. She's tempted to turn them away. Her heart races and memories from the moments she shared these last days flood her mind with whispers. She lets go of the fan, trying to steel herself –– perhaps follow Butaj in his vengeance.

She does not. However.

Kitakuhime bows low to Yawarakai, and opens a porcelain smile. The soon to be undone Otaku princess nods to her sister and walks slowly toward the Painted City Governor, staying at his side.

When the next one comes to claim their match, she offers him her cracked fan.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Hirase is probably the only man who can stop Butaj without violence, and the only one he would allow close enough for the utter despair in his eyes to be seen. He indeed stops, as if paralysed, with just his wrists twitching in a way that curls hands into fists and back. He makes no further move, but aura of violence emanates from him. Still, he manages to seethe out the only words that matter now. They are barely audible, even for Hirase lip-reading may be better than trying to hear them. It gave the impression of Butaj as a cauldron of boiling tar that could go over the rim any minute and the fire underneath should not be given too much fuel. "I will do... anything... for her."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Kogo watches the pained faces spread through the audience and realizes, she is not the only one suffering. Though she can offer no comfort to the Phoenix maiden near her, she holds this sentiment in her heart. At least I am not alone. There is that. Her face resumes a bit of animation as she ponders what her choices will be for her future. With Kemuri and Akil gone and likely, Monkh-san soon, her life will be with a stranger.

She watches Butaj, sensing something of her own pain there. But at least she knew what was coming.

What sort of life shall I choose? She sinks into thought, looking up occasionally as choices are made.

As Otaku-sama is chosen, her eyes dart up. I do not believe...she mentioned him.... She watches the Otaku;s face.

There...lies trouble.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center