The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evening]

Re: The Welcome Dinner (Post-Event Thread) [D1, Early Evenin

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:"Chee-su? It was not unpleasant, just surprising when I was expecting tofu. A much stronger taste."

He picked up another small piece of the processed milk curd.

"No it did not make me reach for sake, or shochu. The red meat almost did, but that was much easier to spot and avoid."

"Oh good, I am glad it was not upsetting to your palette! Which one is the tyo-fuu? I feel I must try it now."

She looked around for something cheese-like but hidden by rice or some sort of disappointing pickled vegetable.

"Which red meat did you try? I liked that tuna, it is much the same."

A look of concern crossed her face on saying Chi-Pu's complexion. Carefully she purred a cup of shochu for her sister and slid it across to her with a gentle smile.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"I'm sure you're happy to be back in the empire though, with proper food."

Yuzuki put her foot in her mouth.

"You had rice, out there, didn't you? At least?"

"We attached ropes to our rice fields and dragged them with us, Mantis-san," she responded, tone flat.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:06 pm

He straightens a bit.

"Ah.. my apologies then Usagi-sama. A Fortune of Heroes, you say? A minor clan?" He frowns slightly. "Are there many of these Fortunes, raised since we left? What is a minor clan's place in the Empire? Are you above or below Imperials?"

He blinks...or winks, with only one eye its difficult to tell. "Ah, I'm looking for trees when you speak a forest. Yes, I can be called Shinjo Hanashi; I am a Teller of Tales in the Unicorn, of the Marta vassal family. We keep the histories of the Unicorn." He taps his head with a finger. "And it is my duty to share them, as it has been for a number of centuries in my family."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:"Oh good, I am glad it was not upsetting to your palette! Which one is the tyo-fuu? I feel I must try it now."

She looked around for something cheese-like but hidden by rice or some sort of disappointing pickled vegetable.

A look of concern crossed her face on saying Chi-Pu's complexion. Carefully she purred a cup of shochu for her sister and slid it across to her with a gentle smile.

He glanced across the Rokugani section of cuisine to find some soy infused and fried tofu.

"This. It's not always fried. Unless you're in Crab lands. Then everything is fried."

He tried his best not to make a face.

"I did not try any red meat. It is . . . it is just not eaten by those of samurai rank."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:"I'm sure you're happy to be back in the empire though, with proper food."

Yuzuki put her foot in her mouth.

"You had rice, out there, didn't you? At least?"

"We attached ropes to our rice fields and dragged them with us, Mantis-san," she responded, tone flat.

Yuzuki didn't seem surprised by the idea.

"Is that possible? I'm not a farmer. They grow rice in water, don't they? Maybe you could put some soil on a cart, get some water on them, and then move the cart? Is that how you did it?"
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:
Otaku Imane wrote:"Oh good, I am glad it was not upsetting to your palette! Which one is the tyo-fuu? I feel I must try it now."

He glanced across the Rokugani section of cuisine to find some soy infused and fried tofu.

"This. It's not always fried. Unless you're in Crab lands. Then everything is fried."

"I did not try any red meat. It is . . . it is just not eaten by those of samurai rank."

The Soshi wandering past did not give any sign of hearing, as he placed more of the grilled meat in his mouth, chopsticks nimbly moving from rice bowl over the tall collar without any bits going awry.

This samurai eats what he pleases, lion...
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:

Chi-Pu takes the drink, but notably does not drink from it. Hearing the Lion speak about meat, Chi-Pu looks to him with a questioningly raised eyebrow.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:He straightens a bit.

"Ah.. my apologies then Usagi-sama. A Fortune of Heroes, you say? A minor clan?" He frowns slightly. "Are there many of these Fortunes, raised since we left? What is a minor clan's place in the Empire? Are you above or below Imperials?"

He blinks...or winks, with only one eye its difficult to tell. "Ah, I'm looking for trees when you speak a forest. Yes, I can be called Shinjo Hanashi; I am a Teller of Tales in the Unicorn, of the Marta vassal family. We keep the histories of the Unicorn." He taps his head with a finger. "And it is my duty to share them, as it has been for a number of centuries in my family."

"Hmm..." the rabbit thoughtfully tapped her chin with her folded fan. No, there hadn't been any Minor Clans in existence when the Ki-rin left as one of the oldest Minor Clans, the Badger, had been created due to the Ki-rin's departure.

"Ara, ara, I guess there is a lot to catch up on... yes, there are many new minor Fortunes who have come into existence during your exodus, by word of the holy Emperor. I am no priest, but I have studied theology enough to list many of them. As for the Minor Clans, we are not ranked above the Imperials, no. We are like the samurai of the Great Clans in many ways, but our lands and power are much smaller. Some have been created out of nescessity, while some have been rewarded for examplary skill and ability."

She took a sip of her drink, a little surprised at the flavour of the foreign beverage, but enjoying it nonetheless. Where to even start?!

"I held a short lesson on some of the recent history in the Empire earlier today, and I intend to continue to do so during the rest of the miai as long as I'm allowed to... I would love for you to come and listen, even if I am not a talented storyteller. I will make sure to tell the history of how some of the Minor Clans were created, so to better help you and your kin understand how all these new clans have come into existence."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Yuzuki wrote:"We attached ropes to our rice fields and dragged them with us, Mantis-san," she responded, tone flat.

Yuzuki didn't seem surprised by the idea.

"Is that possible? I'm not a farmer. They grow rice in water, don't they? Maybe you could put some soil on a cart, get some water on them, and then move the cart? Is that how you did it?"[/quote]

Maybe, had she had a little less to drink she wouldn't have chuckled at that. Yet, she did. "N-no, Mantis-san, that is not possible."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:
Otaku Imane wrote:
Matsu Yurio wrote:He half grinned.

"It is called Shochu. A drink the Crab are very partial to. Less refined than sake but often more efficient at obliterating memories."

In return he pointed at some of the gaijin cheese.

"What is that? I thought it was tofu, but evidently I was incorrect."

"Oh I see! Yes it was very effective at bringing me cheer after initial misfortunes with the menu." She gave a firm nod and reached over to collect a small piece of cheese.

"This? This is cheese. It is one of the many things that can be made from milk, and there are many different flavours and textures that can be produced. What did you think of it? Was it a pleasant surprise or did you wish for a large mug of the drink called Shochu?"

Imane pointed over at a nearby seat in case her sister wanted to join them.

Chi-Pu nods at the gesture and walks to the table, sitting down. She does not interrupt the conversation, listening intently. Her face almost has a green tinge to it, and occasionally a rumble from her stomach can be heard.

Kogo steps away from the table and moves back a moment, feeling the rumbling of her belly at all the red meat. * I wish Noburu were here. I could have slipped it to her. She would have loved it. And I would not be ill.*

She looks over and sees the noble Unicorn looking green and pale. A sister in similar crisis. She walks carefully over and looks at her, whispering "You too noble unicorn-sama?" and gestures subtly towards her belly.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Hmm..." the rabbit thoughtfully tapped her chin with her folded fan. No, there hadn't been any Minor Clans in existence when the Ki-rin left as one of the oldest Minor Clans, the Badger, had been created due to the Ki-rin's departure.

"Ara, ara, I guess there is a lot to catch up on... yes, there are many new minor Fortunes who have come into existence during your exodus, by word of the holy Emperor. I am no priest, but I have studied theology enough to list many of them. As for the Minor Clans, we are not ranked above the Imperials, no. We are like the samurai of the Great Clans in many ways, but our lands and power are much smaller. Some have been created out of nescessity, while some have been rewarded for examplary skill and ability."

She took a sip of her drink, a little surprised at the flavour of the foreign beverage, but enjoying it nonetheless. Where to even start?!

"I held a short lesson on some of the recent history in the Empire earlier today, and I intend to continue to do so during the rest of the miai as long as I'm allowed to... I would love for you to come and listen, even if I am not a talented storyteller. I will make sure to tell the history of how some of the Minor Clans were created, so to better help you and your kin understand how all these new clans have come into existence."

He smiles a bit in thanks. "Ah, well, as long as my duties do not interfere I will have to attend. I am planning to share stories at my campfire each evening, unless the events of one of the families take precedence. Please, invite all you would like, especially those inspired to tell their own tales. There is much history to share between the Unicorn and the Empire."

The last is perhaps spoken loudly enough for anyone eavesdropping to hear, for he wanted to insure others knew about it, more and more.

"Okay. So not above the Imperials. Do minor clans have different types of mons?" He looks at Tomoe's clothing a few seconds then back to the kebab in his hand and then back at her. "Which one is your family, which your school and which your clan? I admit, I don't have them all memorized yet, but two of the ones I see seem very similar to each other."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:He glanced across the Rokugani section of cuisine to find some soy infused and fried tofu.

The littlest battle maiden looked confused by that. "Ah. Oh." She tried the tofu. It was actually okay, if a little plain. The frying was definitely appealing.

After some thoughtful chewing she responded. "Well your tofu was nice enough, but I don't understand why rank would prevent one from eating perfectly good meat?" She looked at the platters. "Have the animals been over-hunted in our absence? Is that why so much of the menu is fish and vegetables?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:Saksaha finds she's enjoying this "miai" thing more than expected. Certainly she's not turning any heads (at least as far as she can tell), but she's been able to listen in on all sorts of interesting conversations, and she can't remember the last time she'd eaten this well. Thanks to the secret teachings of her Iuchi ancestors (and the tough constitution of her Moto ones), she's also making her way through the sampling of drinks on offer with little noticeable effect on her habitually phlegmatic demeanor.

((would love to chat, but please drop me a PM if you approach so I don't miss you!))

After a while, a Soshi landed nearby, taking a seat to examine the offerings in this part of the tent.

They had Friendly Traveler here!

Pouring a cup of the sake, he glanced to the Iuchi, and then offered, in a conspiratorial whisper, "This is actually a rather fine vintage, if the label is honest. The Yasuki swear by it."

His bowl, stuffed full of meat, rice, and a rich dark sauce, was doubtless a bit much, but the newness of the experience and flavors kept him from stopping.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:27 pm

How to explain . . . ? Where's a Kitsu when you need one?

"It is a matter of spiritual purity. That grown in the earth and fished from the waters is of the highest purity. It is something impressed on us at an early age by our priests."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Maybe, had she had a little less to drink she wouldn't have chuckled at that. Yet, she did. "N-no, Mantis-san, that is not possible."

"Are you sure? Modern engineering can accomplish some amazing things. I wouldn't be surprised if a Mantis-built ship could be used as a mobile farm."

It was possible she too, had a little to drink.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center