[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 pm

A bit of a smile and handshake in return.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Sun May 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Takashi grimaces a bit when the Imperial selects Samai, but it's covered in part as he nods his head in acceptance. He glances around to see if anyone noticed his reaction, but finds that most everyone is in conversation or attentively watching the dais. He casually returns to doing so himself, though he keeps an eye out for any who might approach.

(Happy to chat as I keep refreshing the selection thread. Please PM.)
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun May 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Tomoe bowed to Monkhbaatar. I hope he and Tsukimi can end up together... she thought to herself. "I wish you the best today too, Monkh-san."

Imane chose Daisuke... well, she was happy for the Badger, but Tomoe stole a concerned glance into the crowd of men. Yuuru-kun... What will you do when your turn comes? Then the next Seppun chose Samai, something that didn't really concern Tomoe, and Hitako's turn came up. She felt the woman's words were perhaps a little... untasteful for the gathering, but at least she had not chosen Dong-Ha after he had told her he would not want that match. And she was glad that the popular opinion of giving Hanashi an Imperial wife had won over.

As an Imperial, he can live a good life. He deserves that much.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun May 07, 2017 8:55 pm

Hitako noted that her chosen had immediately been approached by Butaj and was apparently friendly with him. That boded well - she had gotten along well enough with the Moto. She approached, but obliquely, so she was standing near, but was not intruding.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Butaj bows to Hitako with a smile. "Butaj congratulates Seppun Hitako on her choice of husband. Seppun Hanashi is an exemplary man." Then he steps away to fret about his out prospects in silence somewhere else, giving the betrothed their space.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:His own cheeks went pink as she used his name, this was a lot more embarrassing then he had ever considered. "As do I" There was a smile in his eyes as he matched gazes with her for a moment before his gaze dropped towards the comb she carried. "I'm only a beginner." He offered in way if explanation. "So I don't speak of it much. I could make you more things in the future though, if you want."

"I would be delighted, and every expert was once a beginner Daisuke-san. Perhaps a grooming brush for Almatar?" She lifted the comb and turned it around to look at the artistry, then beaten out, relaxing a fraction as she watched the next few picks.

As they waited she stole glances with Daisuke, but also her friends Kitakuhime and Butaj. She felt more nervous for them than she had for herself. Her cousin Khulun seemed to be missing too, but perhaps she was simply hidden somewhere in the crowd of tall people.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:
"I would be delighted, and every expert was once a beginner Daisuke-san. Perhaps a grooming brush for Almatar?" She lifted the comb and turned it around to look at the artistry, then beaten out, relaxing a fraction as she watched the next few picks.

As they waited she stole glances with Daisuke, but also her friends Kitakuhime and Butaj. She felt more nervous for them than she had for herself. Her cousin Khulun seemed to be missing too, but perhaps she was simply hidden somewhere in the crowd of tall people.

"A brush for Almatar then." He agreed with a smile. He had little interest in the next few picks, they were people he hardly knew. Still he watched curious about a few of the choices to come.

Noticing Imane's glances towards her clan mates, he dipped his head in their direction. "Would you like to join one of them?" Daisuke asked, he could tell they were nervous as well.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun May 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj bows to Hitako with a smile. "Butaj congratulates Seppun Hitako on her choice of husband. Seppun Hanashi is an exemplary man." Then he steps away to fret about his out prospects in silence somewhere else, giving the betrothed their space.

The woman smiled in response, then turned to the man. The same she had seen riding just the day before. Not a handsome man, to her eyes, but not ugly, either. He'd seen some battle, the missing eye told that tale. Wonder if he'd like a selection of eye-patches, to allow him to look different each week or so.

She bowed to her choice, and said "Shinjo Hanashi-san. I hope you have been blessed by the Fortune's this morning."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sun May 07, 2017 9:48 pm

Shinjo Hanashi-san, the storyteller? A most interesting choice, Seppun-san: he might do well... Tenzo thought, nodding to Hitako and smiling as she passed by before once more going back to fluttering his fan and seeing whom would be next. Soon enough, it would be his own time.
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun May 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Seppun Hitako wrote:The woman smiled in response, then turned to the man. The same she had seen riding just the day before. Not a handsome man, to her eyes, but not ugly, either. He'd seen some battle, the missing eye told that tale. Wonder if he'd like a selection of eye-patches, to allow him to look different each week or so.

She bowed to her choice, and said "Shinjo Hanashi-san. I hope you have been blessed by the Fortune's this morning."

"I'm still living, and now pledged to marriage...and to be a Seppun, if I understand the way of these things? If none have blessed me, then I understand little about how they work. Seppun Hitako-san, I am honored to have been in your esteem such as to be a choice for you."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:"A brush for Almatar then." He agreed with a smile. He had little interest in the next few picks, they were people he hardly knew. Still he watched curious about a few of the choices to come.

Noticing Imane's glances towards her clan mates, he dipped his head in their direction. "Would you like to join one of them?" Daisuke asked, he could tell they were nervous as well.

There was a moment's relief when he suggested it and she realised the was no need to hold her breath anymore. "Yes, my sister is likely to be chosen soon and I would stand with her whatever the outcome. It is what Chi-Pu would have done. You may join me if you wish, or if you have friends to support I understand." She gave him a small smile.

Imane then looked over to Kitakuhime and began to move through the crowd. She also gave an encouraging look to Butaj, he would be next on her list of supportive visits.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 10:09 pm

She was fearless, dauntless and coursgeous at the side of the shiotome. But that would end soon, and that thought actually scares her, somehow. Kitakuhime opens her eyes and finds solace with Imane's nearby presence. She catches Misa, Takeo and glances through Tenzo and finally Yawarakai.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Butaj keeps gripping Yuki's fan and seeks her gaze in the crowd. He feels like a rider without a horse amidst an empty steppe.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:
There was a moment's relief when he suggested it and she realised the was no need to hold her breath anymore. "Yes, my sister is likely to be chosen soon and I would stand with her whatever the outcome. It is what Chi-Pu would have done. You may join me if you wish, or if you have friends to support I understand." She gave him a small smile.

Imane then looked over to Kitakuhime and began to move through the crowd. She also gave an encouraging look to Butaj, he would be next on her list of supportive visits.

"If you don't mind me there, I'd be happy to join you." He would carry the Otaku name after all, so even if we wasn't quite sure if he had completely forgiven the other battle maiden, he would show his support.

He then moved to follow Imane over, offering Kitakuhime a smile and bow as he drew near.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun May 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Yawarakai appeared in his finest, form-hugging kimono. He touched the ruby-studded silver bracelet at his wrist and waited patiently for the progression of the ceremony.

(( PM if approached please ))
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center