[D7 LE Hotaru's tent] Friendship is Meishodo

Re: [D7 LE Hotaru's tent] Friendship is Meishodo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 9:06 am

"Hmm? I guess so..." he replied, oblivious of her anxiety. Dong-Ha was rather fond of the new word he had learned and would keep using it over the following days. Scratching the back of his neck as if trying to make sense of things, the young mystic added "It seems like a complex term."

"That would be great." Dong-Ha replied, still eager. "Though I guess we'll have to see where our duties take us. Who knows where I find myself after this is all done and over with." His fingers drummed his knee. "All I know I'll become a Hare or Scorpion or something. I don't know how many liberties the more traditional lords allow their samurai."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 4:06 pm

"Ahah..." Hotaru merely smiled on the topic of kinky words, saying nothing else. It seemed anything else she said was merely going to encourage that word to stay in Dong-Ha's vocabulary. Stupid girl, you should have quit while you were ahead!

Hotaru gave Dong-Ha a curious look, wondering if she was actually considered an option with him or he was merely just being polite. It didn't seem that the Unicorn were capable of deception or niceties on the same level as either the Scorpion and Crane. However, the reveal at the singing contest and her blunder did tilt things on a soul note from here on out. "Ah...well, that's just another journey you'll have to undertake. First off, you'll likely have to get used to the fact that you might not find yourself travelling or being on horseback as much. Potentially, a herald or someone in the magistrate system will require a lot of travel, as will someone in the military. There are also many lords and office at work, which come with their own demands as well. That's more of the case if you find yourself in politics. In my spiritual field...there is thankfully less of that, a bit less."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm

"Well, yes, but seeing how I would like to pursue.. eh.. spiritual studies, chances are that I might not have the chance to travel, unfortunately." His gaze dropped for a moment. "I guess I'd like to do something else, but I really don't think I'm good for anything besides that." Dong-Ha chuckled dryly. "If the Seppun picks me... I guess I'd be in the capitol, doing whatever they do there." he shrugged. "I don't see myself as a military... maybe I could become an official, thought. Either way, I am going to have to study a fair bit." he took a small sip from his cup. "Politics I think I'll rather avoid."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 6:28 pm

"I kind of doubt that someone of your skills will be put into something you weren't good at. I don't know about the Unicorn but people with any sort of mystical abilities are seen as specialized and are quite rare! In the very unlikely situation that you get picked by the Seppun, they'll probably make a special bureau just for you! Maybe the office of extraordinary trinkets? Or the office of charming Iuchi?" She giggled loudly at that idea, and a jab at how Imperials love their bureaucracy.

She sighed softly. "I have a hard time thinking what I'll do if I couldn't do my work at the shrine or anything spiritual in nature. I suppose I could consider going into commerce or something. I don't have a knack for it as much as my brother, but I'm sure I could learn..."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 6:39 pm

"That's what I am thinking. All I know I'll become meishodo sensei in my new clan." Dong-Ha chuckled softly. "Not that I'd hate it, but teachers don't get to travel that much." Especially if they were the only one capable of holding lessons. "Though, I don't know if I'd be allowed to do that, our methods are new... and unorthodox for many."

"Charming... ehe..he." he chuckled awkwardly along her. "Uh..." Not having thought himself charming and possibly having misinterpreted her words, he sat there blushing ever so gently. "I'd rather bot be stored away like that, though." Dong-Ha added, his words pronounced carefully as if to make certain there would be no misunderstandings.

"Commerce, hee?" An eyebrow rose lazily. "What kind of business Hotaru-san was thinking?" At least this topic was better than the cages.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 pm

"I'm sure others will have more questions about your methods than I did, especially shugenja who are more...functionally minded regarding the kami." She nodded, the Kuni came to mind. "It is perhaps for the best that you don't find yourself stored away. Being able to travel around the Empire, so freely, is a rarity in the Empire. Most find themselves planted where they are, unless they have a good reason to find themselves elsewhere."

"You are charming," Hotaru said freely, her tongue much loosened by the cups she ingested. "You had three, three songs to your name. Uhmm...maybe songs of friendship among them but that still counts!"

Hotaru waved her hand around to show uncertainty. "Rice, tea and silks are always a sure investment, as my mother mentioned. You can always move them from coin. Other than that, I'm not too sure...rice, tea and silks don't sound very fun, despite that's what my brother delves in, among other things. I'd like to be more original. Maybe I could consider making a charm shop, selling wares made by monks and shrines," she giggled ambitiously.

She sighed as she took a step back, "Would be nice if I had a business to start from...regardless what it was..."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 12:18 am

"Alas, that is what I fear. But if that is how things are going to be, I guess that's what I'll have to get used to." his shoulders slumped as he took a swig from his cup, draining it dry, only to cough softly as he did so. Dong-Ha had never been much of a drinker.

"Maybe they didn't have anyone else to sing for, and didn't want to disappoint the judges?" he sought for a convenient excuse. "Uh, I mean, even Hotaru-san said that it was nothing special, neh?" Dong-Ha looked at the petite Scorpion, shaking his head in denial. "Not sure how that really counts."

"Oh, you don't sell charms already? There are quite a few of us dabbling with that, right charm for right ailment or blessing. Not that I've done it, but I know my father does. Not very organized but... well, made sure we never had to go hungry between his stipend, his charm and my mother's talents." Dong-Ha explained, more than happy to change the topic. "I mean, not that anyone could live with that alone, unless it was somehow more organized. It's not that you get people everyday looking for charms."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 am

Hotaru blinked when he coughed after the last sip, giving him a concerned look until he recomposed himself. "Careful! It was really strong stuff!" After her last cup, she wasn't having any more for the rest of the night.

"Hah...Yeah, maybe you're right." She said with a mustered smile on the topic of power ballad song devotion. Her offering was really embarrassing, so much so she found herself wanting to bury it, along with other things. "It's just a song!"

She bobbed her head, probably more so than she should. "We do sell charms at the temple, hai. I guess I was just thinking more with a formal storefront. Professional charms? Trendy charms? You're right that it probably won't get as much interest, just a little wishful thinking that I could find a way to make more money for the temple and my Clan. At least, the few charms we sell and my divinations do help out."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue May 09, 2017 6:18 am

"Uh, yes." Dong-Ha laid the cup down on his side where it would sit rest of the evening. "I'm more used to kumis." he added, coughing feebly. The fermented milk was never as potent as brewed sake. "Of course." the young man smiled feebly as Hotaru brushed off the topic of the ballads. At least she wasn't insisting that he was charming! "I am still flattered." He was also rather confused, especially about the bit involving cages.

"Uh... I don't know. Most people just want stuff for luck or hunting success. Oh and ones to guarantee safe births are also pretty popular." Dong-Ha listed things with his fingers. "Moto, especially, are keen on protecting their luck. Not that we have that much need for wealth anyway. Things you cannot buy are more important anyway, neh?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 09, 2017 11:22 pm

"Mm" Hotaru through for a moment in consideration. "I think a little luck would go a long way in any occasion, such as attending a miai and such. It's far likely that something like that would have more success in a major city where a lot of things are going on, each domain with a specific Fortune involved or more. I think people should be in constant need for blessings and luck. Despite our lack of spiritual ties...the Bayushi take spirituality rather seriously, we have quite the custom when it comes to good luck and bad luck. Two is a good number, but three is lousy!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed May 10, 2017 12:43 am

"Oh is that so? What three ever did to become so unlucky?" Some of the beliefs the Rokugani had were so strange, Dong-Ha mused to himself. Everyone knew that four was the unlucky number and eight the auspicious one. "Of course, it's just that not everyone is wise enough to place their faith is such things."

"It's getting late, I think I should get back to my tent." an apologetic smile flickered on his lips as Dong-Ha shuffled to stand up in her tent. "I'm sure you are tired, and tomorrow will be an another long day as well."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 pm

"That's something more local to the Scorpion Clan," she nodded admittedly and rambled on. "Three is unlucky because Bayushi-Kami was the third to lose in the First Tournament. Most things that come in threes are usually bad, anyways. The third character in a play can never hope to be the main character. Three is a crowd. Three ronin on a boat. Third place isn't even a runner-up. Third person to share a fire is always unfortunate. The third child is always the problem child. And so forth!"

"Ohh...right..." She murmured, realizing that she was getting way too chatty with the alcohol in her system. Thankfully, she didn't blurt out much.

She stood up to properly see him out. "Hai, it will be. Thank you for dropping by. I'm glad that you still think of me...at least enough to bring shochu. I'll see you around! Carry the Fortunes, Dongu-Ha-san!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu May 11, 2017 5:26 am

"Oh really?" Dong-Ha muttered, taking a mental note of the particular beliefs while deciding not to press the matter any further. "But that makes sense, yes." He smoothed the folds of his robes. "Thank you for telling me, at least. I bet there are many such beliefs around the Empire." Many which the Unicorn would surely tumble in the following years.

"Oh no, my pleasure really. Thank you for explaining things to me..." he reached to pat her arm. One drunken step later the pat turned into an awkward hug. "You're good and kind, Hotaru-san." Dong-Ha patted her back as he was softly pressed against her. Remembering his manners, the young Iuchi took two steps backwards, realizing that while his kin might have had no issues with that, she might. "Uh.. sorry. I'm bit tipsy." he pointed out the obvious. "I don't think I could forget you. Don't be so harsh on yourself neh. You'll make a great wife one day."

"But, you'll need to sleep, I'll need to sleep." he added, blabbering. "I think I'll be going now. Good night and sleep well." With that, he half-stumbled, half-shuffled out of her tent.

/exit
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Hotaru didn't even notice that Dong-Ha was giving her a hug until it was too late and it was still awkward to her nevertheless. She didn't know whether to put her arms around him or merely stand there, stunned by the gesture. Her hands went up slightly and she touched in return, only with her fingertips, daring to awkwardly roam his back.

"Oh! M-me too!" She blurted back in return when Dong-Ha said that he was tipsy, quick to use that excuse for any inappropriate touching that had done earlier. Her face was red, but that could easily be attributed to the alcohol from before, which was again a good cover for her embarrassment. Alcohol, what a good alibi. "Soooo, tipsy!"

"Carry the Fortunes, now! Later, always!" She called out after him until he finally managed to emerge out of her yurt. Only once he was done, she fell back on her rump. Oof! What an interesting night...

/scene

Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts