[D10 EE] Gathering of Magi

Re: [D10 EE] Gathering of Magi

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat May 06, 2017 9:42 am

Nonin takes a dumpling as well. "Thank you both. The hospitality of the Unicorn has been most generous."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat May 06, 2017 10:16 am

The Tiny Moshi took a dumpling and a bite of it. The flavor was new to her yet it was enjoyable. Her analytical mind went to try and disern the different spices but alas she knows none. "It is quite flavorful." She nodded. "I understand now... It would be difficult for you to then participate in field and having a big dispute that might come to civil war may as well be impossible by such standards." She lowered her head now thinking. Will They take up arms against those have turned to honor the dark Lord?
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat May 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Saksaha helps herself to the various offerings with good appetite. "We are hosts here, but you other clans have welcomed us also. So it is between kin." She chews another bite of honey cake and then adds, "Also, if you were not here, there are many interesting things we would not have learned alone."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm

"Eat and enjoy!" Dong-Ha addressed each and everyone. "It's not much more than a humble meal, but it's something." the young man took a bite from his dumpling, waving the half eaten morsel in the general direction of Nonin. "Isawa-san, Moshi-san, you ought to tell us how to reach you once this is all done and over with."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat May 06, 2017 5:42 pm

"Well, that rather depends on where we marry, does it it not, Iuchi Dong-Ha-san?" said Nonin with a grin.

Isawa Nonin

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 12:09 am

"This is true," says Saksaha, lips twitching upward, "but I do not think we will be expected to elope tomorrow, Isawa-san. Even our people are not so barbaric," she adds, her smile taking on a somewhat ironic angle. "Whoever I wed, I think a letter to the camp of Iuchi Ming-dono will find my family in time, and they will know where to find me." She nods and bites into another dumpling, which in deference to the other guests she's impaled with her chopsticks (still rather indecorously by Rokugani standards) instead of picking it up with her hands.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 9:21 am

"Indeed so," agrees Nonin. "We will know how to direct letters tomorrow."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun May 07, 2017 3:28 pm

"I could also send messages with the Kami when I train better in the art of air." Themselves quiet slowly eating her dumpling
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Nonin nods. "That is a useful prayer indeed, Moshi-san."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 3:41 pm

"Really?" Dong-Ha turned to the Moshi. "I've never heard of magics like that." he stuffed what remained of the dumpling into his mouth, savoring the delicacy. Having swallowed, the young man grabbed a rice ball, waving it to the general direction of Saksaha. "Cousin, have you ever heard about magic like that?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 pm

"Um." Saksaha sips her kumis and thinks. "Maybe? I remember, when I was a very little girl and our camp went as outriders, some few times a magic bird came to my grandfather from Iuchi Lin-yue-shiryo." She makes a quick warding gesture as she mentions Lin-yue, a gesture whose fervency perhaps slightly contradicts (at least to Dong-Ha) the peaceful death-honorific she attaches to the lost daimyo's name. "It carried messages far, maybe like this that Moshi-san says? Lin-yue-shiryo was a very powerful mystic," she adds by way of explanation for Asakiko and Nonin. "She knew many charms I have never learned about."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 4:43 pm

"It is quite a common prayer here, asking Kaze-no-Kami for aid," says Nonin, "though it is not one I have mastered."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun May 07, 2017 5:13 pm

"Same here... sometimes they are just whispers in the wind. Once you are able to master the air you should know this spell."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 pm

"So it is common here? It sounds very useful. Though it may be long before I know how to make any air charms, it would be good to have this way of talking across a great distance." Saksaha starts to pick up a rice ball with her chopsticks... but pinches a little too hard, causing the rice ball to suffer structural failure so that she only ends up with the top half of it. Oh well, that works too.

"But letters are still easier for most things, maybe. Anyone can write one, as long a letter as she pleases, and does not need to be a shugenja to send it. Sometimes you need magic, and other times you do not." She laughs a little before popping the half-riceball into her mouth.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun May 07, 2017 6:06 pm

"Ah, alas, our powers are rather weak with Air, as I believe we discussed earlier?" he looked at the Moshi. "So that could explain why we haven't heard about such things." Taking a bite from the rice ball, Dong-Ha turned his gaze on the Phoenix. "Pray tell me Isawa-san, how often you people share your magics?" the young mystic waved the half eaten rice ball between Asakiko and Nonin.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts