[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Nonin watch this all with mixed fascination and nervousness.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Doji Fukawa arrived to the march dressed in her finest kimono, her finest netsuke, and her best perfume. She wasn't thrilled about being second to the inscrutable Togashi. Second was first loser as her sensei had reminded her. Still, it's not like they were competing for spouses, regardless of the Unicorn's strange ideas on herds without stallions. So, she was first in a sense, and there was pride in that.

Then the Otaku Iceberg Squad hit the miai. Fukawa listened patiently behind her fan.

Well that will make Dong-Ha happy, I guess. she noted.

She watched impassively while a couple of samurai stormed out of the march.

And others very unhappy. Ide-dono is master here and can do as he pleases, but this does not speak well for the value of his word. she mused.

After Togashi Udo's pick (which we'll assume is something other than telling the Unicorn they have no idea what they're doing), it's her turn to pick!

"Ide-dono, thank you for providing us all with this wonderful miai. With these matches, I believe that the Unicorn are finally a part of the Empire again, after being seperated for so long. I am grateful that I was able to show you my own worth, and have been allowed to request my match so early in the day.

I would ask for the hand of Shinjo Akil. His flute music, part of the Unicorn's soul, will be intertwined with that of the Crane. May the Fortunes smile on this, and every other match made here today."

Her selection made, she rejoins the march.

(PM if interacted with)
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Akil on Sun May 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Akil is having exactly the worst time keeping his On right now, the smile on his face ever growing as he bounces on his heels.

It's really, really hard for him not to be waving his hands in excitement.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Kogo arrives late, wearing her best outfit that has already been worn too many times. (Complete with warpaint makeup, red lips and kohled eyes) She squeezes in next to Usagi Tomoe and Usagi Tsukimi, suspecting the two Minor Clan samurai will be kind and not comment if she appears distressed during this choosing. They were all in similar situations, though Tomoe had climbed significantly in the standings.

Kogo is surprised and slightly elated at watching the Otaku maidens charge in and pick their husbands. There is an example to emulate, for sure. None of this prancing about and delicacy. A tactical strike. Her smile is restrained enough but anyone looking would see a bit of her customary fierceness in it. She smiles as she hears Hiroji's name called, thinking that he will be a good choice for a strong minded woman.

He takes guidance well that one. He will find a way. Plus, he will need a strong minded woman to guide him through his fits and starts.

Seeing her kinsman being acknowledged, her smile broadens and she is gladdened for his chances.

Seeing the distress of others though, her soft heart is a little touched. She does not condemn the Imperial and the Ide in her mind, knowing that if she were a different person, she might have followed their example.

And then the time comes for Fukawa's pick. She looks to the side to see Akil's face watching Fukawa as she chooses him. His excitement is palpable. His smile intense and growing. Ahhh Kami. I never had a chance. Kogo's On becomes shuttered and closed, her blank mask her best attempt at keeping herself together. She places her hands on her lap, clenching them together to keep them steady. She takes a slow, deep breath, seeking the balance within herself. Her lips curve up, but it could not be called a smile.

It is as if the light has gone out from her eyes and left a statue behind. A statue of perfect courtesy, with little inside.

(Pm if talking or approaching.)
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun May 07, 2017 1:33 pm

"I am confident on your behalf then, Tsukimi-chan," Tomoe put on her bravest smile for Tsukimi, and for Kogo who joined them. Kogo she knew would at least leave her with a husband, one way or another, so she held onto hope for any of the fine Unicorn men before them to choose Tsukimi. Please,
Benten, show some kindness to Tsukimi-chan too.

Noting the reactions on Fukawa, Akil and Kogo as the second choosing is made, the Hare nodded behind her fan. Leaning a little closer to Kogo, Tomoe spoke in a quiet tone. "Lady Matsu never said her goodbye to Lord Akodo when she departed with Shinsei for the Day of Thunder... will repeat that?" She didn't say 'mistake', but it was hinted at, indicating that the Hare felt that it would be wrong to at least not say their last farewells before destiny took them both to different places.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Covering her mouth not to giggle, she compliments the other battle maiden, "I'm so proud of you, sister. You bring honor to us all."

Imane bowed to her sister in thanks and was about to reply when Doji Fukawa stepped forward and made her choice. It was good to see that their war hero had found a fine bride. Of course this meant it was her turn.

She looked into Kitakuhime's eyes and mouthed 'Shiotome', winked, and then walked proudly up to the centre of the action. Ide Dabo and the judges received a deep bow. Her lightly accented voice carried across the crowd with more strength than her small form implied.

"Ide Dabo-dono, minna-sama, you have my deepest thanks for such a joyous miai. It is pleasing to find such a warm reception from our cousins, and to have introduced them to our own culture. I now find I must choose my husband, and it has not been an easy decision from a field of such fine samurai."

I am not my mother. I am not my mother... But I think I understand her better, now.

She looked across to where the Otaku, at the behest of their daimyo no less, had chosen their matches for love. She touched the comb and went with her gut.

"I am spoiled by good choices. Although I did not know of his clan until a week ago, they have guarded the pass by which we left the Empire. I believe our temperaments to be well aligned, and he accepts the demands placed on an Otaku husband. I choose Ichiro Daisuke, and look forward to bringing my people closer to our stalwart Northern neighbours. May each of you be blessed with joyful matches."

With a bow to the audience she returned to the crowd and, smiling faintly, made her way over to the Badger.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun May 07, 2017 1:38 pm

She nodded to Tomoe, and took a deep breath, slow to let it out.
When the Lioness joined them, Tsukimi smiled to her as well. "Fortune be with you, Matsu-san." She truly hoped the best for the Lioness. Though she is somewhat ignorant to her upset.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun May 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Yuuru shook his head at Imane's choice.

A minor clan over the Soshi? What world are we living in?

He began to feel this would be a long day for him...
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Aramoro was standing amongst the other his fan waving with a slow tempo across his face. His expression remained unwavered by the choice of Imane. He had hoped, but could not fault her at her choice, since he did not make his intentions clear and neither was he about his own.

Hideo's fate however was cause enough for him to raise his fan to his face. He owed the man a great debt and even to Ide-family to an extent.

Fear not my friend, all is not lost...
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:
Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Covering her mouth not to giggle, she compliments the other battle maiden, "I'm so proud of you, sister. You bring honor to us all."

Imane bowed to her sister in thanks and was about to reply when Doji Fukawa stepped forward and made her choice. It was good to see that their war hero had found a fine bride. Of course this meant it was her turn.

She looked into Kitakuhime's eyes and mouthed 'Shiotome', winked, and then walked proudly up to the centre of the action. Ide Dabo and the judges received a deep bow. Her lightly accented voice carried across the crowd with more strength than her small form implied.

"Ide Dabo-dono, minna-sama, you have my deepest thanks for such a joyous miai. It is pleasing to find such a warm reception from our cousins, and to have introduced them to our own culture. I now find I must choose my husband, and it has not been an easy decision from a field of such fine samurai."

I am not my mother. I am not my mother... But I think I understand her better, now.

She looked across to where the Otaku, at the behest of their daimyo no less, had chosen their matches for love. She touched the comb and went with her gut.

"I am spoiled by good choices. Although I did not know of his clan until a week ago, they have guarded the pass by which we left the Empire. I believe our temperaments to be well aligned, and he accepts the demands placed on an Otaku husband. I choose Ichiro Daisuke, and look forward to bringing my people closer to our stalwart Northern neighbours. May each of you be blessed with joyful matches."

With a bow to the audience she returned to the crowd and, smiling faintly, made her way over to the Badger.

Udo picking Saksaha, earned a pleased nod from the Badger, the Dragon seemed to have a fine taste in women. That he had not picked Inane, also pleased him but that was left unsaid. Fukawa's match was also approved but given less attention as Daisuke was more nervous about the one following.

He stood rigid as Inane took the stage, unable to do anything more, and as she picked him, he couldn't help but close his eyes and offer a silent prayer of thanks.

When his bethrothed started to make her way over, Daisuke moved to meet her a faint smile on his lips. He had wanted to make highway over as soon as she arrived, but with no certainty on this day he had lingered in his place.

"Imane-san." He greeted her quietly as they met, unable to say anything more as a happy smile lit his features.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Her spine tingled when he said her name like that in public! Okay, it was a whisper, but still... A hint of colour reached her cheeks and she looked back at him happily.

"Daisuke-san. I thought about what you said at the pool, and I look forward to our future together." A hand slipped down to her belt and she removed the fine comb. "Thank you for your letter. You did not tell me you were an artisan."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"I am confident on your behalf then, Tsukimi-chan," Tomoe put on her bravest smile for Tsukimi, and for Kogo who joined them. Kogo she knew would at least leave her with a husband, one way or another, so she held onto hope for any of the fine Unicorn men before them to choose Tsukimi. Please,
Benten, show some kindness to Tsukimi-chan too.

Noting the reactions on Fukawa, Akil and Kogo as the second choosing is made, the Hare nodded behind her fan. Leaning a little closer to Kogo, Tomoe spoke in a quiet tone. "Lady Matsu never said her goodbye to Lord Akodo when she departed with Shinsei for the Day of Thunder... will repeat that?" She didn't say 'mistake', but it was hinted at, indicating that the Hare felt that it would be wrong to at least not say their last farewells before destiny took them both to different places.

Kogo's face flushes faintly, realizing that she has betrayed herself somehow, though she is unsure how. Her face reanimates for a brief moment as she whispers. "I know my history Usagi-San." She says, somewhat cryptically. In a slightly louder voice she say, "May Benten bless you both. I have high hopes for your futures." She says with a slight smile, smaller than her usual. At least I have not been disgraced by my own actions. There is something there. I may not have performed as I would like but with all the courtier games, how is a Matsu to excel?

Kogo turns her face back to the choosing.
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Sun May 07, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Happy for Imane — perhaps too happy — Kitakuhime snaps her fan open, hiding the enormous smile stamped on her face. She waves a bit, cooling her off while looking over the edge of the fold to the next samurai to choose before she could.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:Her spine tingled when he said her name like that in public! Okay, it was a whisper, but still... A hint of colour reached her cheeks and she looked back at him happily.

"Daisuke-san. I thought about what you said at the pool, and I look forward to our future together." A hand slipped down to her belt and she removed the fine comb. "Thank you for your letter. You did not tell me you were an artisan."

His own cheeks went pink as she used his name, this was a lot more embarrassing then he had ever considered. "As do I" There was a smile in his eyes as he matched gazes with her for a moment before his gaze dropped towards the comb she carried. "I'm only a beginner." He offered in way if explanation. "So I don't speak of it much. I could make you more things in the future though, if you want."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sun May 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Nonin smiles as two of his friends are matched. It would be a good day for all, he was sure.
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center