Gift Return (D10, EM)

Re: Gift Return (D10, EM)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 11:07 am

"Butaj is not too aware of the troubles the Phoenix are undergoing, but he will help do something about them even if it's just one Butaj. But hopefully little ones will happen soon enough."

He nods and caringly brings it to the open, displaying Asako autumnal motifs.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 12:29 pm

"It's a very nice fan, Moto-san." she offers sincerely. "I'm certain it will serve you well.

At the mentions of troubles, Fukawa looks thoughtful.

"To be honest, Moto-san, as an outsider, I'd say the biggest concern for the Phoenix right now is the disharmony they are in with the Crane, which is sad considering the centuries of alliance they have had together. There are a pair of shrines in the Phoenix city of Nikesake, that it was said that as long as the shrines stood, the Phoenix and Crane would be allies." she offers.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Butaj does not disbelieve it though it does feel a little self-serving to make such a statement. What Butaj knows is that Fukawa can play funny word games he is ignorant about. Still, discussing shrines amid shrines feels legitimate.

"So what about those shrines now? Have they fallen into disrepair because friendship is gone?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Fukawa looks very thoughtful at that, looking to the shrine here that the Lion obviously haven't taken the best care of.

"To be honest, Moto-san I don't know. You make me wonder though. If they haven't, does that mean the current troubles will pass, or does it just mean that the words were meaningless and passed along because they sounded nice? I'd like to believe the former, but I am unsure."

She looks back over to the Moto.

"Which do you think is more likely, Moto-san?" she asks.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 12:59 pm

"Butaj doesn't know. Those are serious issues and Butaj doesn't have enough understanding to make a call. The Asako are very good people though." He pauses. "But if those shrines are not too far from Hopeful Rest, Butaj can ride out and check, and then write to Fukawa. Sometimes it's better to check than to guess. Guessing often goes wrong." He replies while looking at her.

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Fukawa looks thoughtfully at the Moto.

"That would be a kind thing for you to do, Moto-san." she offers. "Is there anything I can do for you in return?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Butaj thinks. "For this to happen, Butaj has to be able to be paired with Asako Yuki, which is not yet certain. There may be women with little appreciation for the blessing of Lady Benten Butaj and Yuki share and just pick Butaj because something about them has struck one of them fancy. That would be strange, because Butaj has no pedigree to boast to endear anyone esteemed, but neither has he fully understood how women of the East think, so there is this. Hence Butaj can't call favors from Fukawa for something he may ultimately may not be able to do, even if it is not because he was unwilling." He pauses, looking at the Crane. "If all goes well, however, Butaj will just do that without asking anything in return. This is how friends do. There may be a time in the future Butaj may need help and it will be up to Fukawa whether to help or not."

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 2:17 pm

"Hmmm." Fukawa mused. "If you would do this as a friend for me then, Moto-san, I would ask that you use my chosen name. Friends are allowed to address each other more personally after all."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 2:49 pm

"And if Fukawa...-san wishes to do the same, Butaj will be glad." This is a perfect moment for shaking hands but Butaj feels this frail young woman may spasm off at her forearm being enthusiastically gripped despite his best intentions. So he does it her way, takes a step back to make space and bow. It is neither good nor bad, but maybe the effort counts.

Day 10 - EM - Is my bow for Fukawa any good? - Awa/Etiquette(Unskilled): 3d10 14

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Fukawa returns the bow politely.

"I am glad I met you at this miai, Butaj-san. You and Moto Baatar always give me something new to think about." she offers sincerely.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 4:47 pm

"Just enough scandal to not be so appalled that thinking stops?" Butaj smirks. "Butaj is not as clueless as he has been."

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun May 07, 2017 2:22 am

A small shrug from the small Doji.

"The nice thing about being clueless is you can get clues. Stupid is what's hard to fix, and I have never thought you stupid Butaj-san." she says honestly.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 am

"Butaj's mind is what it is." He chuckles. "It could take much honing. And it will be, among the Asako. Even Butaj is curious how that new Butaj will be. It has been just a week but it has been important in shaping Butaj."

Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun May 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Fukawa nods.

"They say that you never cross the same river twice." she says. "We will all change with married life, and as the seasons turn. "

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun May 07, 2017 1:20 pm

"Butaj is curious of that older Fukawa." He smirks. "But we'll know, through letters!" He looks down the hill, to the meadows. A distant blot of a woman in red, with a boy, waiting for him. His features soften and he bits his lip. "Let's get back, Fukawa-san."

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion