Save Tonight and Fight the Break of Dawn (D10 - LN)

Re: Save Tonight and Fight the Break of Dawn (D10 - LN)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat May 06, 2017 11:43 pm

The girl turns to face the plains, sharing his view. "So unlike home, indeed."

She breathes in deeply, and finally confesses, "I am been granted the honor to marry outside the family."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 12:23 am

If Takeo is shocked, it does not show on his face.

He waits a moment to see if she wishes to add anything else and when she doesn't he speaks.

"That...that is somewhat unusual to my understanding?" he asked, some confusion in his voice.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

"Hai."

The blow whispers somewhat more violently from up there. Kitakuhime locks her hair behind her ear and turns to Takeo.

"You shouldn't marry me. There will be no political boons from me leaving the Clan."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 am

He shook his head.

"Forgive me, Otaku-sama, perhaps I miss something? Whether you marry into my family or I marry into yours, you are the heir of the Otaku. If our clans are to rejoin as one, I see no better way to advance this goal," he replied, "And over the past few days I have gotten to know you. To see the woman within, as without.

"You are brave and honorable, as one would expect from the heir of the shiotome, but you are also kind and compassionate. You are curious and you are silly. You have corrected me when I have erred, but forgiven me as well."

He shook his head again.

"I do not see how marrying you would not be both a boon for our clans but also for myself."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 12:44 am

The girl frowns at the Fox. "If you marry me, I become Kitsune. I am no longer heir to the Otaku. There's no agreement I could press on to make the Kitsune into the Unicorn, if not my personal plead, which –– depending on how this miai ends –– might not be all so well credited by the Unicorn."

Her hands clench at her side while she looks into his eyes. "You should seek better. I won't be a shiotome outside the family. I'm unsure I'll be able to keep Gekko-kun with me either."

"I..." Kitakuhime takes a moment to tame emotions, and completes, "I could bring you shame."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 1:28 am

"I could bring myself shame and so I strive every day not to. And, still, some days I fail. Like the other day with the dog bite. We struggle against these things daily. Will you abandon your honor if you join the Kitsune?" he asked rhetorically.

He shook his head.

"You will not. That is not who you are."

He looked back into her eyes and paused a moment.

"Do you believe that the Fox rejoining the Unicorn would be the best thing for your clan?"

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 1:35 am

"I believe so. With Heaven's blessings. The Ki-rin may be now Unicorn, but we still hold true to Shinjo-kami's promise: we never abandon our own."

She keeps eyes locked, even in the dark. The occasional firefly lighting up her face and form. "Unless, of course, they are willing. If the Fox doesn't want to join, in the same fashion they decided to stay. It is something to be respected."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 1:46 am

"And if you believe such, and you join the Kitsune, will you help me to convince the rest of my family? The decision rests above me, but I have the ear of the one who will be responsible for making it. Whatever has brought you to this place, here and now, and these circumstances, do you think your mother will turn you away when you write or visit her? You will become Kitsune, but I doubt that she will forget you," he replied.

He extended a hand, holding it out as he had seen the Unicorn do since they had been back.

"You are a capable woman, Otaku-sama. You are Otaku, but you are also Kitakuhime. You may help your clan and your family, regardless of what your name is. I was prepared to."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 2:06 am

She looks at his extended hand, then back at him. "Having the ear is not enough. Do you honestly think our union, with me being withdrawn from my family, no longer a heir, will allow us to convince her, the Unicorn and the Child of Heavens?"

The Otaku princess pleads with her eyes. "Kitsune-san... You have a chance to bring something more valuable to your Clan than a disowned girl. I'm unworthy of you. You should take this opportunity to find someone will bring joy and life to you and your family."

Kitakuhime unclenches her hands. "I am trouble, instead."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 2:20 am

"And if you married me and then our efforts were successful...you would again be Unicorn yes?" he asked.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 2:26 am

"I might." Kitakuhime says, looking to Takeo's extended arm. She moves a step toward him, gently takes his offering hand with both of hers. With a slightly jerks of her head, she looks up at him with a sided smirk. The previously locked bang of hair behind her ear slides through over her cheek, neck and shoulder.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Takeo reached out and brushed the strand of hair back behind her ear.

"Destiny is written in the brushes and the swords of those willing to make bold strokes. I would write with you, on paper or in battle, come what may."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 12:21 pm

She moves her head slightly as Takeo brushes her hair back in place, as if aiming his hand with her nose. Kitakuhime closes her eyes while her cheeks blush.

She sighs softly after having letting go the words that worried her. "Then I hope you have done your best to ensure this path you seek, Kitsune-san."

Kitakuhime frowns, biting her lower lip. "Honor forbids me to compromise further. I will obey the miai rules, and if it comes that I am chosen, I do not want to make expectations shatter faith, and friendship."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 pm

"I have done what I can. Either I prevail, or I do not. I will do my duty either way, as honor commands," he affirmed.

"As I have said, whether with me or with another, you shall always have the friendship of the Fox," he reiterated.

He looks back out over the field and is silent a long moment.

"If we are not wed then...then I hope you find happiness with whomever you are, Otaku-sama. In whatever way that may be."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm

"I hope you too, find happiness, Kitsune-san."

Her hands start to shake slightly, still holding his hand. "I would like to show this offering a gift... to Asahi-kun. Can you give to him?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields