[Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Re: [Match Observation] I Choose You! (D11, LM)

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 10:05 am

Moto Baatar was present at the ceremony as well, wearing his least-dirty riding clothes, and doing his level best to affect a serious, stoic expression, as he knew the governor expected.

A slight trace of surprise crossed Baatar's face as the Otaku charged in and took their pick of the eastern samurai. Wow, why couldn't we all have done that? he wondered. But he schooled his face back to a carefully neutral expression before looking around to see who would choose next.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun May 07, 2017 10:22 am

Tsukimi watched, dark eyes flickering from one speaker to the next, through the upset. Fascinating.
She pursed her lips together, nothing the fact she had no chance of choosing a husband was cemented in now. It was up to the Fortunes.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 am

Tomoe was dressed in her furisode with motifs of a flock of rabbits underneath a full moon and a cream-white obi. Her hair had been brushed until it shone and was loosely tied back with a hairclip that held it in place. Even after yesterday, she was nervous, and she looked at the familiar faces as she tried to calm down her worries. Dong-Ha, Kogo, Yuuru, Nintoku, Tsukimi, Khulun, Yuki, Hotaru... and back to Dong-Ha.

Then the Otaku Cavalry Charge happened, and she had to raise her fan to hide some of her surprise. Especially when the Imperial and Ide stomped out in what appeared like a protest to this announcement. She glanced in Dong-Ha's direction again, relieved that no Cavalry Charge had come to claim either of them... yet.

Standing near her kinswoman, she gave a comforting smile. "I'm sure someone will choose you, Tsukimi-chan," she murmured to her fellow Usagi behind her fan.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 am

She gave a small smile to her cousin, but stood true with her back rigid and her chin high.
"I am not so confident, Tomoe-chan." she said just as quietly.
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sun May 07, 2017 11:34 am

Otomo Tenzo stood close by to the front of the proceedings on the understanding and expectation that he would be among the first to choose. He was dressed in the finest of his traditional Imperial emerald green outfits, an unfurled fan featuring a gorgeous river scene held in one hand. As the ceremony was about to begin, he too was intrigued by the sudden appearance of the previously-unknown Otaku and watched with great interest as all was becoming revealed. Hearing his fellow Imperial kin's name loudly mentioned, the Otomo raised his fan to his face for the rest of the Otaku pronouncements, only lowering it when it was clear all was over and the original proceedings.

Hideo... Tenzo thought, keeping his On as he stared now at the now-empty spot where his cousin once was instead of whatever proceedings were going on in front of him.
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sun May 07, 2017 11:42 am

Hanashi stood, paying rapt attention to everyone.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun May 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Hirase arrived a little late, literally nearly bumping into the departing pair of samurai as they departed in a rush. The slight confusion on his face cleared as he got close enough to see the new arrivals, senior-looking Otaku one and all. He well remembered the behavior of some of the judges, brief though their interest had appeared, during the fan competition and had a suspicious about what had happened.

To confirm it, and because it was the right place for him just then in case she needed him, he politely wended his way towards Yuki.

"What did I miss?" The older Asako, too, had trotted out his best for this day, emphasizing what height he had and, through tasteful dark embroidery, finally looking like someone who belonged in high courts, not a library or small town.
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Miya Mei on Sun May 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Mei watches Hideo leave and pulls out Kemuri's fan, covering her face with it.

She is dressed in her usual clothing, bright powder blue kimono, though her hair seems whiter and brighter than before.

Meng shines and sparkles in the morning sun, the gold and jewels on its sheath freshly polished.
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:Hirase arrived a little late, literally nearly bumping into the departing pair of samurai as they departed in a rush. The slight confusion on his face cleared as he got close enough to see the new arrivals, senior-looking Otaku one and all. He well remembered the behavior of some of the judges, brief though their interest had appeared, during the fan competition and had a suspicious about what had happened.

To confirm it, and because it was the right place for him just then in case she needed him, he politely wended his way towards Yuki.

"What did I miss?" The older Asako, too, had trotted out his best for this day, emphasizing what height he had and, through tasteful dark embroidery, finally looking like someone who belonged in high courts, not a library or small town.

Still behind the fan, Yuki glances to Hirase. "The Otaku came in, demanding to be added to the miai, apparently under the agreement of their lord who pressed the matter. They will all be wed to one of the contestants."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Kitakuhime didn't lead the cavalry charge. This time she was in the supportive lines. Wearing her most elaborate kimono in purple, with white and black petals whilst the –– now usual –– white choker around her neck to cover a wound that would only with her departure fro the Clan. Shinjo's Law had to be obeyed.

Seeing that the Crab would join the Unicorn, married to one of the most adored shiotome Kitakuhime knew makes her smile softly. Lucky boy took Meixiu-chan's heart, only plausible she would take him as his husband. The other charges were a surprise: Specially Hideo's.

She steps forward with riding boots after the sudden appearance, and waits for the results siding with Imane.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun May 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Tomonaga was there, dressed once more in his finest kimono of deep blue, the one so well tailored to fit his athletic form. His appearance, as usual, was casually impeccable, his natural look easily overcoming any lack of effort he put into his appearance. And he even did put a little bit, so there's that, too.

He stood impassively, his expression cheerfully blank. Only those standing closest to him could see the lines of tension in his jaw, around his eyes. He dared not even glance to the side, for fear of jinxing his plans.

His eyes followed Hideo and Amaya as they left, his expression showing concern. But when Udo made his choice, he gave a small nod and smile.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun May 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Hirase, having given her his fan, had to use a sleeve.

"And the Seppun was chosen?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Hotaru was present at the event, as expected of any participant at the miai. She was dressed in her formal best, as she favoured an elegantly simple kurotomesode, which seemed fitting for the status she was about to earn today. Her outfit was accompanied by a crimson haori coat that reached the length of her knees. Her hair was held up in a manner using a few pins and a comb to keep it in place.

She stepped over to find a place to observe the miai, likely close to the front as it provided her with a better vantage (for her height) and she was going to be called up soon. Her nerves were tense but she didn't show that beyond a proud facade. The samurai being plucked by the Unicorn came as very unexpected...she almost caught herself short of wishing such a thing would happen to her.

Mamoru's attention was everywhere, being in a crowd of this manage samurai gathered at once. The bell on his collar rang a few times as he moved about.
Last edited by Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Imane looked at Kitakuhime with an expression that contained compassion and hope. She gave her sister a little smile. The exit of Hideo and Amaya brought a frown but she let it go almost as suddenly. They each had to follow their own paths.

Turning her gaze to her old friend she softly spoke:
"You look stunning sister. I wish you the best.".
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun May 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:Turning her gaze to her old friend she softly spoke:
"You look stunning sister. I wish you the best.".

Kitakuhime looks to Imane and contains her squee. Just winks, replying. "Don't we?"

Covering her mouth not to giggle, she compliments the other battle maiden, "I'm so proud of you, sister. You bring honor to us all."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center