Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Re: Opening Ceremony (Day 1, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Hanashi did his best to look prim and proper. His eyepatch was freshly laundered, the mons were in the right place. He didn't lean against anything and the damn itchy kimono was tied closed. That was everything, right?
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Asako Sayuri on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Dabo-sama's words filled Sayuri with hope.

Their exile has not robbed them of what it means to be Samurai! To uphold bushido among gaijin for eight hundred years, the ancestors must watch close over these people!

Having already seen some of the surrounding land, Sayuri focused on the people, not sure when she could she would have an opportunity to see everyone gathered in daylight again. The knots of Unicorn standing together were broken by splashes of Clan colors, and Sayuri was careful not to let her excitement and nervousness show through at the diversity on display. She made perfunctory attempt to scrutinize those Scorpion she saw before understanding for the first time the point of their mempo.

Realizing the futility of trying to learning anything of note in the main press, her gaze began to sweep the edges of the crowd, to note who stood apart, or came late. Iuchi Dong-ha-san, whose acquaintance she had made before was one such outlier, and she noted the awkward exchange between him and a young Mantis Samurai. Catching a glimpse of her own colors she noted the conversation with Hirase-san and the mounted Otaku with some pleasure. Envisioning the Otaku Maiden and her steed galloping through the mountain passes of her homeland sparked a twinge of envy.

As her eyes began to return to center, a stab of light caused a sudden flinch. Searching its source, she soon located an enormous disc of metal, attached to the arm of young Unicorn who looked inordinately pleased with himself. Curiosity piqued, at the strange object and the source of his demeanor, Sayuri resolved to chance into him as she departed, and began her measured walk towards him.
Phoenix Clan| Shugenja | Small Description

Fine Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan with Asako mon, a monkey named Chugo-chan, who conspicuously lives up to his name

Asako Sayuri

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Shinjo swallowed her surprise. She was not keen on being here herself, given her injuries and such, but she made no complaint of it. For Yuichi to do so so openly was baffling to her. She saw it polite, though, to not press the issue.

"Bushi," she replied, plainly, a bit surprised that the man did not notice her daisho. Must be the mask. She did not dwell on it. "And yourself?"

'' Huh, I see..'' He said, finally noticing her daisho. A proper daisho, not that strange, and borderline blasphemous, swords he has seen in the hands of other gaijin, Unicorns, or whatever they called themselves.

'' Wardmaster apprentice and priest of the Kami. '' He replied, neutral tone.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:After the dojo, Suteichi went to a place where he would be most comfortable, a courtly setting. He made a quick scan of the room and paid due respect to the Ide governor. He walked through to find a place where he could observe what was going on. He maintained an approachable demeanor and was attentive to the conversations around him.

((OOC: If you approach; it goes down in the PM))

Kogo sees Suteichi across the crowd and goes over to join him. "Wasn't that a lovely speech? Ide-sama truly knows the art of speaking. I wish I was as eloquent."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:
Mirumoto Chou wrote:...

"Well, I only really heard stories mostly. I was born during the great ride so we only ever passed through gaijin holdings in my youth. But when we did, our magistrates mostly would do their best to make sure we didn't upset local laws and helped resolve disputes between Unicorn. The nature of the nomadic ride back to the empire and limited resources meant most people did not wish to do anything that would put the clan in danger," he says with a nod. "They would sometimes be involved when the Ide needed to discuss things with gaijin, to ensure that everything was handled according to our and their laws. They were really more for keeping peace and reminding people of the laws than enforcing them, but the would do so when it came up. Things like bandits and disagreements outside the clan were usually more of a military matter because any force big enough to harass us would have had to be a militaristic threat."

"What was the ride like?" Chou asked, with real interest. She absently stroked Saku's tail, who rested her head on the Dragon's crown, looking bored.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:After the dojo, Suteichi went to a place where he would be most comfortable, a courtly setting. He made a quick scan of the room and paid due respect to the Ide governor. He walked through to find a place where he could observe what was going on. He maintained an approachable demeanor and was attentive to the conversations around him.

Kogo sees Suteichi across the crowd and goes over to join him. "Wasn't that a lovely speech? Ide-sama truly knows the art of speaking. I wish I was as eloquent."

"The governor certainly gave a spirited speech. Have you met many thus far?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Huh, I see..'' He said, finally noticing her daisho. A proper daisho, not that strange, and borderline blasphemous, swords he has seen in the hands of other gaijin, Unicorns, or whatever they called themselves.

'' Wardmaster apprentice and priest of the Kami. '' He replied, neutral tone.

Yue's daisho was in pristine condition, even for a samurai. It was used much less often than her tetsubo and ono. "A wardmaster?" She looked genuinely curious. "I am not familiar with the practice."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:

"The governor certainly gave a spirited speech. Have you met many thus far?"

"Governors? Or other individuals at the event? Your words are occasionally tricky Bayushi-san."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Mirumoto Chou wrote:"What was the ride like?" Chou asked, with real interest. She absently stroked Saku's tail, who rested her head on the Dragon's crown, looking bored.

"It was a lot of riding," he says the humor evident in his voice. "Years. We'd go weeks on horseback, stop for resupply for a few days then pick back up again. Early on, before I could ride myself, I would sit with my mother on Akiiki and she'd sing and tell tales. When I was old enough to ride myself I was given Gerel to ride. I would move along the trail with friends, and the older Unicorn would correct our posture and share stories about their battles and experiences. Eventually Gerel was too old even for a boy and he was set loose to live the rest of his life in freedom. That's when I met Meushi and soon after my training with the sword and bow became more than just childhood games."

"During the long periods that we were on the move we saw so many different places. It's been disorienting a bit since getting back, not being on the move. But the last years of the ride were hard and fast and fraught with danger so it's also been nice. But when you grow up from infancy and nearly every day you go to sleep with a new horizon a bit different from the last... being sedentary is odd."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Seeing a Lion and a Scorpion paired together, Tomoe decided to begin with more familiar waters at first by approaching two Great Clans who were at least friendly to the young Hare Clan.

The Hare girl bowed to the duo as she stopped before them. "Pleasant afternoon to you both, minna-sama."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Seeing a Lion and a Scorpion paired together, Tomoe decided to begin with more familiar waters at first by approaching two Great Clans who were at least friendly to the young Hare Clan.

The Hare girl bowed to the duo as she stopped before them. "Pleasant afternoon to you both, minna-sama."

Kogo hears the introduction, turns and bows to the Hare. "And to you, Hare-sama. I am Matsu Kogo, beastmaster of the Lion clan. Whom do I have the honor of addressing?"

*God I hope I got that right. Don't mess it up. Don't mess it up Kogo.*

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Mirumoto Chou on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:...

"Maybe you'll like it," Chou said, as though trying to convince herself. "At the very least, you will learn from it. If we only ever go one way, we never learn to traverse other paths. Hm," she paused, tapping her chin. "You should try mountain-climbing next."
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Challenge Accepted * Blind
G: 1 S: 1 H: What is expected CP: 0

"Would you like to see my picture of Shinsei? So would I."

The Jolly Blind Dragon
Carries a traveling pack, full daisho, and her seeing-eye lemur, Saku.
Mirumoto Chou

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Seeing a Lion and a Scorpion paired together, Tomoe decided to begin with more familiar waters at first by approaching two Great Clans who were at least friendly to the young Hare Clan.

Suteichi carefully looked over the Hare woman and retuned the bow. He spoke with a soft and polite tone.

"I am Bayushi Suteichi. An honor to meet you Usagi-sama."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 pm

"I am Usagi Tomoe, historian of the Hare Clan, but hardly a -sama to two members of the Scorpion and the Lion," the Hare corrected with a confident smile.

"Quite a diverse gathering, neh? Seems like people have come from all corners of the Empire to attend... I think I've even seen a Badger here somewhere. Though I should probably not be surprise that the Scorpion and the Lion sent members from their largest Families here," she said, adding a respectful nod to the both of them.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"I am Usagi Tomoe, historian of the Hare Clan, but hardly a -sama to two members of the Scorpion and the Lion," the Hare corrected with a confident smile.

"Quite a diverse gathering, neh? Seems like people have come from all corners of the Empire to attend... I think I've even seen a Badger here somewhere. Though I should probably not be surprise that the Scorpion and the Lion sent members from their largest Families here," she said, adding a respectful nod to the both of them.

I see another with the gift of cheerful gab...Fortunes help me.

Suteichi listened to her politely and nodded.

"Fair enough, Usagi-san. We do have quite a diverse grouping here. Should make for an enlightening experience."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center