Breakfast (day 7 late morning, Baatar's yurt)

Re: Breakfast (day 7 late morning, Baatar's yurt)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat May 06, 2017 12:10 am

Hotaru gave Baatar an unsure look when he favoured the yak. It was hard to say that what sort of clever or ingenuity could be hidden in the mind of an over-furred cow creature. "Neat...I never thought yaks had it in them to be more than they look. I'll be sure to be careful around one of them next time." She nodded on that note as she took a few more small bites from her meal.

She tilted her head curiously. "The Ide? Ide Amaya-san, maybe? And hai, that would be correct! I usually dance for the kami and the Fortunes in my duties, but I'm open to learning other styles and forms. One of your cousins showed me one of your energetic forms of dancing. It's far different than what I'm used to but it seemed pretty fun! He wasn't kidding when you needed to a big meal beforehand."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm

"Yes, that's right, it was Ide Amaya," Baatar agreed. "But what does it mean to dance for the kami and Fortunes? It's different from our kind of dancing, I guess? Does dancing for the Fortunes bring luck?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 1:23 am

"I suppose in some small cases..." She said with a chuckle ad she laid her chopsticks on her bowl, having finished eating for the morning, crossing her fingers together. "I've been asked to perform such dances in order to invite luck to the temple or to bless couples at a wedding. Sometimes, they are needed for festivals too, to bring good spirits in everyone. It's different in the way that it's used to call for their attention and provide an offering to appease them. I use my bells in my dance for such an occasion!"

She giggled a little and then smiled ruefully. "I don't know if many people would see it as very exciting, given how ceremonial it is."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 10:16 am

"Oh, I don't know," Baatar replied. "The bells must make music as you move! I think that'd be very exciting. I'd like to see it sometime."

"Do you only dance at your sacred shrine, or do you think you'll have a chance to dance sometime at the miai?" he wondered.
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun May 07, 2017 5:14 pm

They do, but I may move less than you think... Hotaru bobbed her head a few times at his enthusiasm. "That could be arranged! I usually dance at my shrine but I can do so anywhere else if the occasion is right. I've been so busy lately but I think I do own the kami a performance at the Shrine eventually. Actually, I'm planning to help the monks expand on the local shrine to feature a place for the Fortunes, so that people have a place to pray. It seems fitting that Benten-no-kami and Musubi-no-kami are represented here. Hotei-no-kami, too!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 11:44 pm

"That sounds like it would bring good luck," Baatar agreed. "I'm sure we could all benefit from the Fortunes watching over us. I'll be sure to stop by and see."

"And, uh, make an offering, of course," he amended, rather transparently wanting to appear more pious.
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 pm

"Of course!" Hotaru echoed his last word with a bright smile, apparently trying to encourage him of doing just that. "Even if I'm not dancing, there's still plenty of reasons to come by to the Shrine. The grounds are not only holy but also historic. It is said that it is where Kakita-himself made his bid to become Emerald Champion and even defeated the great Matsu."

Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts