The Answer (D10, LA, Fukawa's Yurt)

The Answer (D10, LA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri May 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Fukawa was getting a few things ready to go for the next day. Of course, she couldn't carry everything herself. She'd have Akil and Settem carry some of her stuff, and some friends carry some more. And if that wasn't enough? It's not like her family's wealth couldn't replace whatever she left behind. Perhaps some of the things would help some young Ide in her training, and therefore indirectly help the Crane.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Re: The Answer (D10, LA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Moto Baatar stopped by as Fukawa was packing up.

"Getting ready to go already, Doji-san?" the young Unicorn asked. "Surely you'll stay for the choosing ceremony, won't you?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Fukawa bows her head.

"Of course, Moto-san, but as you previously pointed out, I have a lot of stuff." she replied. "I surely won't need all of it between then and now."

"Would you care to talk to me for awhile, Moto-san?"

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri May 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:"Of course, Moto-san, but as you previously pointed out, I have a lot of stuff." she replied. "I surely won't need all of it between then and now."

"Oh, that's a relief," Baatar replied. "Doji-san has, uh, risen in the estimation of the Unicorn. To be deprived early of her company would be a, um, great sorrow." His words were a little halting, but it was clear that the young Moto had been practicing Rokugan-style courtesy since their last talk.

Doji Fukawa wrote:"Would you care to talk to me for awhile, Moto-san?"

"Sure!" he said brightly. "Um, that is, if I won't be interfering with your packing?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat May 06, 2017 3:35 am

Fukawa shakes her head.

"Not at all, Moto-san. I shall do my best to not accidentally pack you up as well, and ship you to Kyuden Doji." she offers, with a little humor.

"So, the miai is almost over." she adds, expectantly.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat May 06, 2017 9:28 pm

"Yes, nearly so," Baatar agreed. "I know you've done very well, Doji-san. I'm sure you'll get your choice for the best match."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun May 07, 2017 2:23 am

Fukawa nods.

"This is true." she offers. "What of your own chances, Moto-san?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 am

"I'm pretty sure the governor thinks well of my behavior in recent days," Baatar replied. "Though, that might only be because I haven't been swept up in some of my clan mates' antics. So I feel pretty good about my prospects and I'm hopeful for a good match."

"I never really 'got' why the Ide insisted on this miai...at least not before I came here," Baatar admitted. "But now I see how important it is for the Unicorn to make friends among the other clans. Talking with you really helped me understand that, Doji-san. So, thank you for that."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun May 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Fukawa bowed at that.

"I am glad I was able to help show you that, Moto-san." she replies honestly. "And I hope you learned much from everyone else as well."

She tilts her head curiously.

"Did you remember to ask the other attendees about poetry? What makes something a poem, rather than just words?" she asks, curious.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun May 07, 2017 11:41 pm

"I did," Baatar affirmed. "I.. I think I know what poems are, now. They're like the songs the Moto sing; songs are 'just words', too, but it's the music and the feeling that you put into those words that make them something more."

"I think poems are like that, too. Well... we don't sing them. But they're still words with rhythm and feelings in their own way."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun May 07, 2017 11:48 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Well put, Moto-san. That is pretty much what I would have answered." she says, pleased that the Moto worked it out for himself.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Return to Northern Yurts