Boys' Night In (D10, LE, Butaj's Yurt)

Re: Boys' Night In (D10, LE, Butaj's Yurt)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 5:35 am

He grins broadly at Hirase's outburst, appreciating such an honest indignation that tells him how likeminded they are. He nods at the end of it to mark his agreement. "Butaj does not fear hesitation, disdain or rejection if it happens, and does not take grudges for them. All his life he has worked around it. Yuki is all Butaj needs to belong, with all the rest he will try to make things better over time. Butaj has his ways to endear and get respect for his strengths, doesn't he?" The big man chuckles, finally relaxing after a tense beginning. He takes a swig and passes the skin to Hirase.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Hirase took it, saluted, and took a long pull himself.

"Certainly you're one of the best of those met here. Even if I don't plan to go home to stay, I may have to follow you and Yuki just for the wedding. It would do my heart good to see that; love matches are so rare, it's a gift when one occurs."

As he handed the skin back he asked, "Oh, by the way...do you know how to take care of horses? Is it hard? I'm thinking, if I'm not picked, I may choose an Otaku for myself and I'm told that's a lot of what an Otaku husband does..."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 1:42 pm

"And you're the best friend, Hirase. Butaj would be glad if you came with us, if only for a time." He admits honestly. "Sadly not so much, not to the point of satisfying an Otaku. Butaj spoils Huludai way too much, Otaku would not consider it proper grooming." He chuckles. "How are things with Sayyeda Imane then?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 2:26 pm

"I liked her, but she is a quite busy woman." Hirase chuckled. "Plus, I think Kaizen is interested in her and it isn't in me to backstab a Clanmate over a woman. Though, I haven't seen him around today..." For a moment, the Phoenix frowned, then waved it away. Surely, if something dire had happened, he, being the man's chosen executor, would have been told? "But if I am not picked, I still have the chance at a wife. She just won't be someone I've met. I talked to some people, other friends...Samai, Liu Yue. They both think I'd do well with an Otaku and she with me, especially since a lot of men are too tied up with silly notions of machismo to be able to be the one who stays at home."

Chuckling now, he shook his head.

"As if it matters which spouse goes out and which stays home with children. Both are samurai; both serve the Empire and the Clan with their efforts."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 2:58 pm

"Butaj thinks being manly has its place but not in refusing to take care of children. Yuki and Butaj were taking care of your son Ichiro this morning, and Butaj sang songs with him and then taught how to hold on the horse and ride. Ichiro had lots of fun and Butaj too. Our children can't come soon enough, but if Yuki wants to wait, Butaj will not press her. She has a big family and knows its problems so she wants a small one..." He sighs. "Though for menial work Butaj is not excellent. Well, he likes cooking and brewing, but he has no head for other things." He shrugs apologetically, then changes the subject. "Butaj doesn't know Kaizen, but he knows Imane and Ichiro Daisuke has grown close. It's a bit late, but perhaps you should make your final move? Like writing a letter?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 4:09 pm

"I like Daisuke, too, though I've only met him the once." Hirase smiled and patted his friend on the shoulder again. "Peace, Butaj-san. Your thought was a good one and the maiden lovely, but I was not so struck by Benten-kami at our first meeting that I will seek to interfere. Worry not for me...I am an adaptable man and find worth in almost anyone. My life can be content with almost any, for my heart doesn't yet belong to just one."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 4:44 pm

"All right." Butaj smiles. "Butaj is not worried then. Our Clans will be closer together, and that's one of the things that count." He looks intently at the other man. "Would the Liu sister not be a difficult one for you if it happens?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 4:59 pm

"Well, the older one would be." Hirase huffed. "I found her company...trying. But Liu Yue? No, not at all." Hirase shurgged. "My first wife took lovers, and I did not mind. Why should I if my second wife does as well? I am not a jealous sort...I only want those important to me to be happy."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Butaj takes air and frowns. "Butaj doesn't know what to think about lovers in marriage. Butaj believes something like this would wound Yuki, and yet she wants small family." He rubs his face, looking at the other man. "And Hirase didn't have needs of his own?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 7:05 pm

"Not as many as most." Hirase shrugged, but then gave Butaj a surprised look. "Wait...you do know there are herbs that can help prevent conception, right? Did they not have those in the Sands?"

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 7:08 pm

"Forgoing having babies is not exactly what the Unicorn did in the Sands." Butaj pulls on his beard in embarrassment. "Are those herbs safe?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 7:19 pm

"Many of them." Hirase knew only a bit, but trusted the one who had told him. "The ones for after it's already been made are worse, but the ones to ensure it doesn't happen are common enough for female soldiers who want to wait if they're about to go on a major campaign. My wife had begun using them again before she was killed; many of her sisters-in-arms used them as well."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Butaj nods slowly, absorbing new knowledge. "Maybe it is a stupid question or just bad but do you know why your wife wanted to have those lovers?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 8:35 pm

"She was often away and was hot-blooded." By the tone of his voice, the question hadn't upset Hirase at all. "I suspect she fancied her own sex, as well, and naturally I could not have helped with that in any case. It never bothered me. As I said, lovers are not uncommon and, while we were great friends, we were not romantically attached to one another."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Butaj rubs his temples in confusion. "Someone else has told Butaj similar things too... So it isn't all right to be jealous?"

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts