Rainbows and Unicorns [Day 9, EM]

Re: Rainbows and Unicorns [Day 9, EM]

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat May 06, 2017 9:41 am

"I would like that," he replied to the offer of fruit for the lovey horse.

"Well, the miai is a good step, the Unicorn need to learn the Empire and the Empire needs to learn of the Unicorn. Shinjo's thread must be rewoven into the tapestry of Empire."
Isawa NoninPhoenix Clan • Shugenja • Animals Like Me
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Wakizashi, Medicine Kit, another Medicine Kit, Scroll Satchel
Sometimes accompanied by a puppy.
Isawa Nonin

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:"Well yes, very observant of you Unicorn-sama. Although I did not train at that same time, we underwent the same training. Do you have siblings that are priests?"

He listens carefully at her question put to the Isawa.

Imane smiled at the Seppun's response, shaking her head to answer his question. "I understand. Otaku Kitakuhime-sama and I trained with the same sensei at the same time. I wondered if any others here had such shared experiences. As to your question, no. Although there was a priest of sorts on my mother's side."

She paused a moment, looking at Almatar as she considered where to begin.

"Not in the same sense as your shugenja in any case. My family line is descended from the Thunder Otaku, though not quite as closely as Kitakuhime-sama. My great-grandmother was daimyo of the family. I believe it was my great uncle who entered the ranks of the Iuchi and became a priest. I have a sister, and is training as a Shiotome."

The Isawa's comment met with her approval. "I like this turn of phrase Isawa-san. Shinjo's thread rewoven."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat May 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Nonin smiles at the Otaku, glad to have pleased her with her turn of phrase. "Then we will try to get that phrase and view spread through the Empire, Utaku-san. It is a good metaphor for the return of Shinjo's children."

Isawa Nonin

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat May 06, 2017 5:22 pm

He nods in comprehension as gazes at their interaction with the horse.

"There is still much to be learnt from your Clan, but seeing how well we get along, I assume it will be in short time."

He looks to the ceiling pondering "What would your family expect of an Imperial groom then?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 5:54 pm

The littlest Shiotome nodded in response to both men's observations. To Nonin she said: "I would appreciate that Isawa-san. Our return will certainly be a smoother transition with this sentiment."

To Aramoro she considered her words carefully: "Indeed Seppun-san. It is my hope that the mutual respect fostered here will aid in a swift integration.". His questions about a groom gave her pause as she considered which meaning he was most probably aiming for.

"Ah, well Seppun-san. Are you aware of the matriarchal nature of the Otaku family? A Shiotome is expected to retire her first horse before having children. In this period the groom is free to pursue whatever career he is best suited for, and which serves the clan. Once his wife is recovered and ready to return to the saddle, it is the husband who is expected to take charge of their household and ensure their children are brought up correctly. My own mother had two girls before she began training a new steed."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat May 06, 2017 6:20 pm

"Very interesting, the Unicorn have founded some very different traditions in their travels, but nothing I have seen that is outside of what the Empire accepts," says Nonin pondering.

Isawa Nonin

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 pm

He lifted his hand to his lips to enact a posture of thought, but actually he was covering his mouth to save On. He knew about the dominant female traditions, but not of men keeping house. The thought initial bothered him, but then the possibilities of having time on his hands seemed to make this arrangement more appealing.

"No Otaku-sama, I was not fully aware of your families traditions, not to such an extent, but now I thank you for enlightening me." He bows his head in thanks. "Your immediate family, were have they found home in their new land?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 7:02 pm

"I am told the Matsu family also has some similar traditions, so it is my hope that we are not so unusual, as Isawa-san suggests." Imane smiled.

"I am happy to aid you Seppun-san, you are most welcome. This tradition comes from our history, and our fine steeds like Almatar here. Is there more that you wish to know?". She looked at the horse, which turned to her and nodded as if giving assent.

"My immediate family? My sister is training to be Shiotome also, and studies for her gempukku at the Otaku dojo." Anticipating the question she continued. "It moves with the sensei, so can change location. My mother holds rank in the Unicorn armies and is patrolling the boundaries of our new lands."
Otaku Imane

Postby Isawa Nonin on Sat May 06, 2017 8:00 pm

"The Moshi family of the Centipede Clan also follow a matriarchal tradition," mentions Nonin.

Isawa Nonin

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

He presented a skew smile: "If I my be so forward Otaku-sama, Hoe old is your horse, and how old do they tend to become?"

He starts to wave his fan across his face in a slow motion: "Do you serve amongst the rank like your mother?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 12:55 pm

If the question fazed her it did not show. Instead she smiled up at her mighty steed.

"Almatar is nine, and she will retire aged 15. We were paired a little earlier because I was deemed ready to begin training."

She returned her gaze to the Seppun. "Yes, it is expected that I will follow her path. This is what I have trained for all my life."
Otaku Imane

Previous

Return to The Stables