The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,Open)

Re: The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,O

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat May 06, 2017 3:37 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki bows. "Hello, Iuchi-san. It is nice to see you again." And on much better terms. "Hai. This a very nice party, though I didn't realize who was holding. It's a good sign your Clans might be able to common ground in the future."

"Maybe more than I thought," Saksaha agrees as the two sweaty wrestlers go their separate ways on apparently good terms. "A Matsu party, I thought, would be more...more..." stiff-necked and dull "...that what is traditional to this country would be more different from our ways. The play was a little strange, but all else seems good to me." She lifts her bowl of kumis cheerfully and takes a swig.

Mizuki nods. "I don't know about the typical Matsu party, but I've been to Ikoma parties much like this."

Zip comes out from behind Mizuki and starts sniffing at the Iuchi.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Sat May 06, 2017 4:11 am

Hiroji emerged from whatever corner he had hidden in for a time in the evening. He had been immeresed by the miraculous liquid he was drinking, as well as a new plan for a song. He emerged, drunk as a skunk. He staggered to the center of the tent and yelled, while slurring slightly. "Minna-sama! I, am Kaiu Hiroji. And seeing as tonight is the last day of the miai, I would like to entertain all of you with a song! I hope you will like it..." He takes a deep breath, and sings.

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old ronin sitting next to me
Makin' love to his sake on the table

He says, "Son, can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

La la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Sing us a song, you're the biwa man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright

Now Tomonaga at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke and charming too
But there's someone that he'd rather be with
He says, "Hiroji, I believe this is killing me."
As the smile ran away from his face
"Well I've a love that's impossible, and a heart that is broken, I wish to be away from here"

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Now Moshi is a real diviner and friend
Who never has time for love
And she's talkin' with Kogo, the Lion
Who'll hopefully be one for life

And the Geisha is practicing politics
As the courtiers slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinkin' alone

Sing us a song you're the Biwa man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you got us feeling alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the Governor gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's a bittersweet ending, for a miai that coulda been worse
A dragon was slain, and an oni too, but I don't think we're quite done yet.
And the Biwa, it sounds like a carnival
And my breath it smells like sake
And they sit at the bar and they cheer me on
And say, "Man, thanks for being here."

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Sing us a song you're the Biwa man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you got us feeling alright

He sang with vigour and compassion, somewhat offkey at places but still understandably. Once he finished he looked around and yelled "Thank you!" and then stumbled back towards the sake table.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 5:00 am

"I hope they are just good people, and seeing where my heart has gone they won't try to cut the heart from the body. I didn't want to leave any doubt that this is the case." Butaj slowly regains regular breathing and drinks again, making a pause for his beloved to finish her prayers before speaking again, simply enjoying how beautiful she is. After a relaxing sigh he muses a bit. "Nintoku fought well and fair. You'll have to tell me one day, though maybe not during this party, why defeating a Lion is special for the Phoenix." The conversation is interrupted by a song. Butaj is lost in thought somewhere at the beginning, wondering what's 9 o'clock and Saturday.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat May 06, 2017 6:43 am

Kogo finds herself deeply grateful that Kaiu-san is a Crab and is deeply drunk. Little of etiquette is expected of the Crab, unlike the Imperials and with his drunkeness so obvious, no fault can be attributed to her. She finds herself smiling just a tinch in spite of herself however. No one is ever going to believe this story when I go home.

Kogo occasionally wonders if perhaps the Kaiu is speaking some sort of foreign language in parts, as some of the words seem odd, but passes it by in her mind. I really must learn another language, if even the Crab are finding it useful.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat May 06, 2017 7:14 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"I hope they are just good people, and seeing where my heart has gone they won't try to cut the heart from the body. I didn't want to leave any doubt that this is the case." Butaj slowly regains regular breathing and drinks again, making a pause for his beloved to finish her prayers before speaking again, simply enjoying how beautiful she is. After a relaxing sigh he muses a bit. "Nintoku fought well and fair. You'll have to tell me one day, though maybe not during this party, why defeating a Lion is special for the Phoenix." The conversation is interrupted by a song. Butaj is lost in thought somewhere at the beginning, wondering what's 9 o'clock and Saturday.

Yuki turned and giggled at the antics of the Crab. "Ah, right..." She looked to Hirase, then back to Butaj. "Hai, probably best after the party." She nodded, then grabbed two cups off a plate and handed one to Butaj. "Sake? You'll have to get used to it if I take you home. The only kumis you'll get is what we trade for or you make yourself."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 7:29 am

He accepts sake with a broad smile, then begins to sip it lazily. "I can make my own kumis if a mare can be milked. But I like sake too, I had it during the Mantis party and it was all good."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat May 06, 2017 8:36 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:He nods. "I am aware that there are some... difficulties between our clans, but people like her show that such things can be set aside, so that we can all move forward together." He paused for a moment. "I must thank you again for this morning. And I'm glad that you're seeming better now."

"I guess she is very open minded. So I thought I was too. You may not know it but my clan is one very traditional. I guess I am an exception to the rule." The Moshi gave a self depreciating chuckle. "As for this morning, I feel I should appologize slowly I am starting to remember bits and pieces of my behaviour and it was in acceptable. I am sorry if I had offended you in any way."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat May 06, 2017 9:23 am

The Matsu had taken a secluded place in the party as he partook in his usual appreciation of both kumis and fine sake.

[PM if approached]
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods, also at peace with things whatever may come. "Who knows what it will be. I am sure none of us intended harm to another. But I have learned that sometimes, love and marriage are a complex thing. It is not one thing or another. And I do not intend to allow bitterness to fill my cup before I drink it."

"When we move on from here, we begin new lives, with new partners, or on our own. I hope that your journey is an exciting one." Tsukimi bopped her head in a nod, though her gaze left the Matsu and tracked the crowd for a moment or two.
"This is a good turn out, Matsu-san."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat May 06, 2017 10:17 am

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods, also at peace with things whatever may come. "Who knows what it will be. I am sure none of us intended harm to another. But I have learned that sometimes, love and marriage are a complex thing. It is not one thing or another. And I do not intend to allow bitterness to fill my cup before I drink it."

"When we move on from here, we begin new lives, with new partners, or on our own. I hope that your journey is an exciting one." Tsukimi bopped her head in a nod, though her gaze left the Matsu and tracked the crowd for a moment or two.
"This is a good turn out, Matsu-san."

Kogo listens intently, valuing the Usagi's wisdom. "And I wish you luck on yours. Hopefully, we both find something of what we came for." She watches the Usagi's eyes, enjoying the moment. "It is...considerably more than I had thought would attend. And I did not expect the governor's presence at all."

I likely would have planned something very different if I had thought there was any chance of it.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat May 06, 2017 11:19 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"I guess she is very open minded. So I thought I was too. You may not know it but my clan is one very traditional. I guess I am an exception to the rule." The Moshi gave a self depreciating chuckle. "As for this morning, I feel I should apologize. Slowly I am starting to remember bits and pieces of my behaviour and it was unacceptable. I am sorry if I had offended you in any way."

" 'Traditional' need not mean 'close-minded'. For is not the acceptance of the value of others a part of Compassion? A mutual respect for others not part of Courtesy? There is always a place for tradition. But we live. And as we live, we change and grow. What is new now may one day be just another tradition."

He waves his hand dismissively, like a great lord having something unpleasant removed from his sight. He liked that image. "Think nothing of it. I was merely concerned for you; there was nothing you did to offend me."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat May 06, 2017 11:37 am

Moto Butaj wrote:He accepts sake with a broad smile, then begins to sip it lazily. "I can make my own kumis if a mare can be milked. But I like sake too, I had it during the Mantis party and it was all good."

Yuki smiled and sipped at her cup as well. "Hai, of course, but all you'll have is what you can make. Sake, however, is almost everywhere." She giggled a bit at that.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 12:16 pm

"Sake is all well and good, but still not the best way I know to make my mind float." He looks at her playfully.

Moto Butaj

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat May 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Seeing Hiroji stand up and sing, Tomonaga temporarily turned his attention away from Liu Yue, his expression pleased.

When the verse about him came about, it became briefly more pleased. Then his brows drew down in worry. "Errr... no, I'm fine, really." He softly reassured Liu Yue, hands raised. "I like it here. No impossible love, heart's just fine." Indeed, he chuckled at that, his face growing cheerful once more.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat May 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Hirase, not to be outdone, picked a cup for himself. "The short, public answer is 'war', Butaj-san."

Then, when the Crab sand, he stared, then grumbled under his breath, "Baka, you don't sing about oni in public...."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts