(Day 9, LM) Bariqu Unofficial (Open!)

Re: (Day 9, LM) Bariqu Unofficial (Open!)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu May 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Daisuke was a bit surprised by the action, and a frown creases his lips for a moment. He decides not to comment though, instead offering a bow in farewell before making his way over to Imane.

He didn't speak yet, merely watched, waiting for a her to come to a halt when she was ready.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 5:15 am

Finishing a set of rather efficiently deadly sword drills, Imane looked up at Daisuke and smiled. She brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

"Good morning Ichiro-san. It is good to see you. I hope that Sidi Butaj proved an effective teacher?" She recalled that Daisuke had said he was not much of a wrestler.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat May 06, 2017 5:39 am

"It is good to see you again as well Otaku-sama." He replied matching her smile with one of his own, he hadn't been sure how she would address him, but he was somewhat relieved when it was by his family name. He wasn't sure he was ready for something more intimate in public.

"Honestly? I forgot to ask, though I think he was looking for a opponent today instead of a student." At least that was how it seemed. "Perhaps I'll have to seek his knowledge on another day."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat May 06, 2017 5:41 am

Butaj and Ryori indeed engage in wrestling.

/fade to background bariqu
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 4:47 pm

For her part Imane would not dream of such an embarrassing slip-up around so many samurai. "Oh I see. Yes, look! He is using Bariq against Shimizu Ryori-san.". It was interesting seeing the two different styles sparring.

She returned her gaze to Daisuke, looking up at him. "How are you with a sword Ichiro-san? Would you care to spar?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat May 06, 2017 5:30 pm

He hadn't heard of the style but as his attention was brought to it, he turned his eyes in that direction. "That's a interesting style." He said, his features thoughtful. "I wonder how some of my cousins would fare against it."

It wasn't long before his gaze returned to Imane, two men wrestling wasn't nearly so interesting after all. "I'm fair with a sword, but not as good as you. I think I'd enjoy a spar though, it might give me a chance to improve."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat May 06, 2017 6:19 pm

She obviously approved of his willingness to try. "Often times the best way to learn something is to train with a more skilled practitioner. So my sensei says."

Whereas her father would have vehemently disagreed. Imane spun the bokken a few times as she walked over to the weapons rack to help him choose a training sword.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm

"I'd have to agree." He followed alongside her as she made it over towards the Bokken racks. "Though my school never seemed to encourage mastery of a single weapon, instead it concentrated on knowledge of many. My sensei believed scouts should have options, one can't know what trouble they may get into on a extended mission after all."

As they arrived, he looked through the different weapons on the racks before selecting one that he thought fit him.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 2:41 pm

She nodded and looked at his choice, it seemed appropriate. "I have heard this from our scouts in the Shinjo and Moto as well Ichiro-san. My own training focused on the sword, and I chose to add the bow and spear to my curriculum."

A glance to the wrestling followed. "I do wonder if bariqu might be useful, though I am rarely without a weapon to hand, and then there is Almatar..."
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun May 07, 2017 3:30 pm

"Bows is what I prefer, though I seemed to be off during the competition." He beat back the emerging frown. "I also know something of swords, knives and heavier weapons. I've considered learning spears as well, but they can be a burden sometimes in denser terrain, though now it may make more sense."

"It's something to think on, it might not be too useful, but at the very least it might help you throw your future spouse over the back of your horse." There was teasing evident in his tone as he got to the last part, though a wiser man might of avoided that kind of talk.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun May 07, 2017 8:27 pm

"Bows are excellent until a melee breaks out around you. For what it is worth, I knew you were a good archer when the Shinjo assigned you a harder target." She gave him a smile that tightened a bit when he mentioned throwing her future spouse over her horse.

"But now you sound like my father. I do hope you are ready for this Ichiro-san?" She held her bokken with a relaxed grip, easily slipping into the sort of stance that suggested a comprehensive beating was about to take place.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon May 08, 2017 4:44 am

"After this, perhaps we will have to arrange a contest between bows then." He really dd want to test himself against her, the winner of the archery contest. It would reaffirm his skill, or the lack of it. Something he had really been wanting to do since his embarrassment.

"We Badger are stubborn men Otaku-sama, I'm offered you my word and more, So I'm as ready as I'll ever be." His own sword came up as he took his stance, she may beat him, but he had no intention of going down easy. "Perhaps you would like to put a wager on our match?" He asked before they began.

Ichiro Daisuke

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo