The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,Open)

Re: The Kitteh Clan Proudly Invites You To PARTY! (D10, EN,O

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri May 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:"Alas, I did not. They coincided with the time I teach the children of the village." He looks down to his drink. "Duty, and all."

She smiled. "Duty indeed... Still, there's time. It seems that several people have become quite attached to one another here. Have you found anyone, Shinjo-san?" Her gaze, mildly unsteady though it was turned fully toward him.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri May 05, 2017 11:52 pm

Usagi Tsukimi wrote:"It is true. You never know, perhaps another samurai-ko will swoop in and dash both our dreams in one fell swoop. But I choose to see the silver lining. If Monkhbaatar-san and I are not to leave this miai together, I still wish nothing but the best for him, and I will make a happy wife, or begin my travels across the Empire as my aunt did before me, letting the Fortunes be my guide."
She raises her cup as well.
"We are well met, Matsu-san, I am happy there is no malice between us. It's too much energy to hold on to hate for that which is out of our control."

Kogo nods, also at peace with things whatever may come. "Who knows what it will be. I am sure none of us intended harm to another. But I have learned that sometimes, love and marriage are a complex thing. It is not one thing or another. And I do not intend to allow bitterness to fill my cup before I drink it."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 pm

He bowed in return, matching the depth like a pro. He was a little wary about the Moshi, considering her behviour in the morning, but she seemed fine now. Perhaps when she was doing divinations the her mind worked differently...?

"Indeed it is, Moshi-san. And it seems to be going much better than Matsu-san's last few attempts." He smiled, a little wistfully. "I'm glad that she had one that has -for the most part - worked out well. She has a good heart."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sat May 06, 2017 12:10 am

Doji Ameka wrote:She smiled. "Duty indeed... Still, there's time. It seems that several people have become quite attached to one another here. Have you found anyone, Shinjo-san?" Her gaze, mildly unsteady though it was turned fully toward him.

A shake of the head, "Seems..." He pauses, brow furrowed.

"Complicated, to form such bonds, let alone public bonds, before a ceremony that decides who weds who. Especially when there is much to gain politically from advantageous marriages."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat May 06, 2017 12:20 am

She nods thoughtfully in agreement. "It does seem to make things particularly complicated if either of the parties encounter trouble of any sort along the way. I suppose things even out a bit in this particular event, since the bonds formed with benefit both parties in most cases... but is there anything in particular you would think of as advantageous?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat May 06, 2017 12:55 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:With practiced ease, Tomonaga unsealed the fresh bottle he'd brought with one hand. He poured a generous helping into Yue's cup. "Hmmm..." He smiled. "Might I suggest... to new beginnings?"

"Hai! To new beginnings!" She downed the entirety of her cup in mere moments and then smiled. "Did I already tell you that your sake is wonderful, Yasuki-sama?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat May 06, 2017 12:56 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:He bowed in return, matching the depth like a pro. He was a little wary about the Moshi, considering her behviour in the morning, but she seemed fine now. Perhaps when she was doing divinations the her mind worked differently...?

"Indeed it is, Moshi-san. And it seems to be going much better than Matsu-san's last few attempts." He smiled, a little wistfully. "I'm glad that she had one that has -for the most part - worked out well. She has a good heart."

"I hope you don't jinx it with those words... it has been... interesting..." She looked up at the man. "She is and she is a going to be a good friend."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat May 06, 2017 1:01 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai! To new beginnings!" She downed the entirety of her cup in mere moments and then smiled. "Did I already tell you that your sake is wonderful, Yasuki-sama?"

With a quick glance at Liu Yue's features, Tomonaga refilled her cup. She was a bushi; she could probably handle it.

He beamed at her. She'd said it was good, but wonderful was even better. "Thank you, Shinjo-san. I'm pleased to hear you say it." He said, his tone warm. "You seem very happy tonight, if you don't mind my saying so."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sat May 06, 2017 1:38 am

Doji Ameka wrote:She nods thoughtfully in agreement. "It does seem to make things particularly complicated if either of the parties encounter trouble of any sort along the way. I suppose things even out a bit in this particular event, since the bonds formed with benefit both parties in most cases... but is there anything in particular you would think of as advantageous?"

A small shrug, "I'm not good with that kind of thinking. Our stories, our tales...marriage has rarely ever been about politics in the Unicorn; as Shinjo's law regarding it outweighs many political matches. It has been about expanding our horizons. About making the family larger. In that way...I suppose every marriage that occurs here will be a successful one. But it is not the same way with us, as it is with you, no?"
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat May 06, 2017 1:40 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"I hope you don't jinx it with those words... it has been... interesting..." She looked up at the man. "She is and she is a going to be a good friend."

He nods. "I am aware that there are some... difficulties between our clans, but people like her show that such things can be set aside, so that we can all move forward together." He paused for a moment. "I must thank you again for this morning. And I'm glad that you're seeming better now."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat May 06, 2017 1:47 am

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:A small shrug, "I'm not good with that kind of thinking. Our stories, our tales...marriage has rarely ever been about politics in the Unicorn; as Shinjo's law regarding it outweighs many political matches. It has been about expanding our horizons. About making the family larger. In that way...I suppose every marriage that occurs here will be a successful one. But it is not the same way with us, as it is with you, no?"

"Not usually, but there are exceptions," she acknowledged. "You're not the only one to mention that, regarding marriage traditions being different. I'd like to know more, but I don't know if you have the time or inclination to share at the moment?
You mentioned the tales that Doji-kamisama told... do you have much familiarity with the typical marriage practices here?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sat May 06, 2017 1:57 am

"We heard a lot about how it was always a Doji who married a Hantei." Crooked smile grows at those words, and then another light shrug.

"The overarching law of Shinjo regarding marriage is to never marry within the same bloodline. The children of those who become Unicorn will need abide by it. Many of those who marry out will seek to insure their children do as well."

He turns to the room a bit, nodding towards the other Unicorn present. "I would be surprised if any Unicorn here could not trace their history back twenty or more generations, mother and father. It is a serious thing for us; the command of Shinjo-kami herself."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 am

She smiled softly. "That does not surprise me, though Hantei-heika married a Matsu last year."

"Ah, that does make sense. Not unlike the Lion, though for somewhat different reasons. Shinjo-kamisama was extremely wise." She reflected silently on herself and her own family tree.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sat May 06, 2017 2:51 am

Hanashi lets out a little breath at that, "One hopes so. It is something she must have disagreed with Lady Doji and the Hantei about. I admit to concern about bringing such a thing up with the Crane; not truly knowing your tales."

Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat May 06, 2017 3:00 am

Sake consumed, sweets enjoyed, Daisuke started to meander his way towards the entrance of the tent. He wasn't ready to leave quite yet, but was content enough to watch the various happenings, it seemed likely to cause far less trouble then joining in.

((Pm if you approach.))
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts